Debate Is time travel possible?

Sean

Addressed to user walt willis:

I'm skeptical that there are other "time travelers" besides my project group. Therefore, as a test, I would like you to answer some of my questions.

I just got back from the 1950's and want to share what I have found there...
1. If you got back from the 1950's, then how do you know you didn't change the world completely?

2. If you traveled to the future, what would you see (it's the same for any set place in the future), and what is the very first thing you must do when you arrive at your destination?

3. Since the Earth is revolving around the sun, the sun revolving around the galaxy, and the galaxy around the super cluster, our coordinates are constantly shifting. How can you be certain that you will arrive at the same place where you began your journey relative to the earth?

I will post the answers to these questions after you answer them. Any incorrect answer is sufficient to prove that you are not legitimately "time traveling", and therefore is an impostor.

walt willis

First I’ll need to explain that a metaphor is what I was expressing as I stated a return to the past or future. The old songs of the past tend to “take me back to the past to reminisce”.

A sentimental journey is an internal trip to past memories via the old music that can bring back thoughts of past personal events in our lives.

I provided a link for others to do the same by using old songs as a way to achieve thoughts of past events.
To the best of my knowledge I have never traveled to another time in the space-time continuum.

Addressed to user walt willis:

I'm skeptical that there are other "time travelers" besides my project group. Therefore, as a test, I would like you to answer some of my questions.

I just got back from the 1950's and want to share what I have found there...
1. If you got back from the 1950's, then how do you know you didn't change the world completely?

2. If you traveled to the future, what would you see (it's the same for any set place in the future), and what is the very first thing you must do when you arrive at your destination?

3. Since the Earth is revolving around the sun, the sun revolving around the galaxy, and the galaxy around the super cluster, our coordinates are constantly shifting. How can you be certain that you will arrive at the same place where you began your journey relative to the earth?

I will post the answers to these questions after you answer them. Any incorrect answer is sufficient to prove that you are not legitimately "time traveling", and therefore is an impostor.

Sean

I honestly do not believe time travel is possible. Its a fun subject to think about and play around with, but in the end, its not possible to accomplish.

Time travel is possible. It has already been invented and experimented on. No, it's not used by the military of any country. And no, it's not made by CERN. You see the computer in front of you? Well it's actually made available when someone sent a blueprint of the integrated circuit via laser from the 21th century back in time to the 20th century. So were the calculus behind cathode ray tubes ( two sets of plates positive vs negative with a line of electrons ejected: television set, microwave, printer... ), voltaic cells (basic batteries: cathode and anode with salt bridge and wire connected to generate electricity: batteries, capacitors...), telegraph (using a wire connected with each alphabet and fine tuning the wire so that each electric jolt can make the letter print itself on paper: telephone, cellphone...).

One way I can justify this is this: do you really believe humans can accomplish this feat of mass producing new technology in 200 years? Starting from when we didn't even have flush toilets until the late 18th century but suddenly touch screen, space stations, and integrated circuits in less than a fourth of the time? Human IQ is tested to not have changed much between the 11th century until now. Even more, the average IQ of the world is starting to decrease beginning from 1950. Prove me wrong.

Dr.Bing

Hey guys,
Why you think time travel will be or wont be possible either now or in the future?
If you are not familiar with Preston Nichols & the Philadelphia exp. which later turned into project Phoenix I suggest you start there , I had A ten hour video of these people that were involved with these exp. they claimed to have been dabbling in Time Travel & it turned wickedly messy I was disturbed by what I heard its not likely you will find this specific info the videos I owned were illegal to own .

Khaos

where the wild things are
Well it's actually made available when someone sent a blueprint of the integrated circuit via laser from the 21th century back in time to the 20th century
Proof? Where is the evidence that ties to this? I see nothing but you saying this, do you think me or anyone is going to blindly believe just this little line of text as being proof time travel exists? Unlike 90% of this planet, I'm not gullible. I thrive on logic, facts and science, instead of blind faith, wild guesses and theories.

Where is the proof time travel has happened? Don't quote the false travelers like Titor and Zesusha and HDRKid. Their so called "predictions" didn't really pan out too well. Take Zesusha for example, predicting events that have already happened. Yeah... all she did was just make it into a riddle that seemed like it was a future occurrence, but in the end, when you read between the lines, it already happened a year or more prior.

Human IQ is tested to not have changed much between the 11th century until now

Proof? Because I did a search and didn't find anything about this subject. There is information that proves you are correct regarding IQ decreasing since the 1950s, but that is due to us relying more on technology to improve our lives, rather than relying on more primitive things. How many of you still cook on the stove? Or have a garden you tend to? Do any of you know what a cd player is?

That has nothing to do with time travel. Its called the "Flynn Effect"

Sean

Your rhetoric is amusing, but no, I'm not going to "quote false travelers" though however tempting it is to make spur another round of argument; I shall leave that for another time to satisfy my own amusement. The proof of time travel is all around you. The computer that you have right now is one of them. In fact, I am one of the personnel that helped in the process of sending a blueprint of the integrated circuit back in time. But of course, all of this is explained in my previous post, and continuing this argument by grappling on the concept of whether these technological inventions were accomplished through diffusion or innovation is hardly possible, and is very probable to take a long time, if not unsolvable.

You keep on asking for proof, yet the proof is all around you. You are surrounded by technology that took less time to appear than the renaissance.

Proof? Because I did a search and didn't find anything about this subject. There is information that proves you are correct regarding IQ decreasing since the 1950s, but that is due to us relying more on technology to improve our lives, rather than relying on more primitive things. How many of you still cook on the stove? Or have a garden you tend to? Do any of you know what a cd player is?

That has nothing to do with time travel. Its called the "Flynn Effect"

Here, I have to borrow a phrase from Samstwitch: this is way too misconstrued for me to reply. You are incorporating a contrapositive lemma in a slippery slope fallacy (the sole purpose of which is probably to confuse me) : you are assuming that since no evidence can be found through your research, therefore no such thing can exist outside of your research range. I suggest doing some reading from New Scientists, Science News, or if you are unable to comprehend those, in the least try Scientific American. These can really broaden your view.

Proof?; proof; proof; Proof?

I counted that you mentioned the word proof at least four times. If reliable information of time travel is released to the public, wouldn't you think there would be mass protests? I can count at least three dozens of NPOs that will jump ferociously against the notion of time travel just from human rights organizations. And there are countless others. I hardly think someone ridiculously commonplace would be allowed to find this information flowing freely.

Proof?; proof; proof; Proof?

And finally, if you want proof, you can always read Connor Stein's previous post, which has an amazingly accurate summary of how time travel works written in common language without all the physics jargon. I can even provide the link for your convenience. Feel free to debate me on any nooks and crannies of this proof:

Working Model of Time Travel | Paranormalis

Dr.Bing

I have an alert that says something about A debate , Its not something I have encountered on this sight but I really don't know much about Time Travel other then what I posted above involving the Philadelphia Experiment . My opinion on the matter is that if it has been or has not been achieved the variables involved with one jump would be infinite if you understand what I mean , Their are no facts that I know of but I believe that their would be some type of collapse that would cause an event of damage that the magnitude of it would be something that should not even be dwelled upon . If what I heard is true from the videos I owned & I believe it was , The lesson was learned not to meddle in Time Travel , if you are not familiar with this story you need to find it , what I heard was very disturbing to me I don't believe anyone has An imagination great enough to fabricate what I heard , their was so much to this video that validates what they say as the truth & it needs to be avoided at all cost .

Mark Pattinson

I beleive in time travel it depend on person to person. Different people have different set of mind. Some beleive and some don't. but before travel i beleivein future prospect with the help of astrology.