Jesus Appears On Miracle Nintendo, Says Maryland Woman

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A Maryland woman said she was surprised to find what appears to be an image of Jesus Christ on the top of a used Nintendo Entertainment System she purchased on eBay for $31 this week.

Brittany Wampler, 24, tells Kotaku she noticed the image shortly after unpacking two NES consoles, she purchased from an eBay seller.

YvmeD.jpg

"We were inspecting it for cracks/damage and when we turned it just right into the light, the image showed up," she said. "Our reaction was mainly curiousity at first. Then as we looked at it closer and ruled out what it couldn't be, we began to get excited about it."

Wampler says the image doesn't seem to have any sticky residue on it, like what would be left after removing a sticker. She said that it appears to be part of the plastic.

"There's no discernable difference between the surface of the face and the surrounding plastic surface," she said. "It's not paint, it's not a sticker; it's basically infused into the plastic."

At our request Wampler sent along two pictures of the NES and its image to Kotaku . While we have no way of knowing how the image got on the console, they don't appear to be photoshops.

While Wampler dismissed the possibility that this was done as some sort of a joke (she also says she didn't create the image), she isn't exactly sure she believes it is the result of some higher power either.

"I was raised religious, but I haven't made up my mind really," she said, when asked. "I would say I believe in the possibility."

For now Wampler plans to keep the console as is because she's not sure what else to do with it.

"If it is Jesus," she said, "I think we can finally put the big question to bed...What Would Jesus Play?"

http://kotaku.com/5844362/jesus-appears-on-miracle-nintendo-says-maryland-woman

---
It seems Jesus' face appears on many random items. I remember they talked about a Jesus face on a toast, but that was before they invented the Jesus toaster.

Peregrini

That's quite an anomaly. It's what we've come to believe to be an image of Jesus. I wonder how it got there?
It's interesting when people say they have a picture of Jesus or Mary on their toast or a wall in their house or somewhere else. Actually, no one knows what Jesus or Mary looked like. What they claim to be a "miracle" is an image that has become the standardized version of Artist's depictions of what they feel they may have looked like. I really can't contribute a miracle to imagination. Here's an early picture of Jesus. Not quite what were used to.
This site has more pictures if your interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depiction_of_Jesus
215px-Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg