John Titor in The Bible Codes?

Hemoman

John Titor in The Bible Codes?

Bibles codes are a system of evenly spaced characters in the Torah and Bible that supposedly is able to predict future things and tell about events and people, etc.

anyway i found a site that apparently has information regarding John Titor in Bible Codes.

http://www.revelation13.net/KingJames14a.html

enjoy

pauli

Re: John Titor in The Bible Codes?

Erm, not to rain on anybody's parade here... but I would be a whole lot more impressed with this if were in the original languages - Hebrew & Koine Greek. No only that, it would have to follow the original format, which involves nothing more, or less, than the smallest equidistant letter sequence gaps of each of the words in question. Other than that, it was kind of interesting to see that some people have WAY too much time on their hands... :lol:

Hemoman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"pauli\")</div>
Erm, not to rain on anybody's parade here... but I would be a whole lot more impressed with this if were in the original languages - Hebrew & Koine Greek. No only that, it would have to follow the original format, which involves nothing more, or less, than the smallest equidistant letter sequence gaps of each of the words in question. Other than that, it was kind of interesting to see that some people have WAY too much time on their hands... :lol:[/b]

Ehhh.... ya I guess you're right. I have a lot to do i just am lazy lol:p

I agree it would be much better if it was in the original translation. Most Bible Codes i've seen are used with english translations to hebrew and directly from the Torah. I suppose you could have a king james version of the torah but in hebrew.... i don't know.

In either case I find it interesting that anything showed up.

pauli

Nah, hemoman, not meaning you. I am just a bit touchy about the codes thing and all, and pretty aware of how they can be used and abused by someone with an agenda.

And, yeah, it is interesting that you did find something. Thanks, anyway, for bringing it to the site. :)

Chris Genoa

For me, the thing about the Bible Codes is that it's really just a ridiculously huge word jumble. If you go into it looking for something about Titor or anything really, there's a decent chance you'll be able to manipulate it to find something. There's just so many possibilities in a jumble that big.

But it is cool to see what people come up with from them. Someone should try to find codes in other really long works, like Ulysses or Infinite Jest.

denbo88

This reminds me of an excellent book that showed that a mind- far beyond human capabilities and understanding - planned, constructed and formed every word of the bible mathmatically. The book is THEOMATICS by Jerry Lucas and Del Washburn. It was originally published in the '70's. Great book if you like this subject of mathmatical continuity of the Bible. You should be able to find a copy at AddAll.com.

gomp

in my oppinion Titor and the bible code are bunk
the idea behind the bible code is neat but then you realise that they take the matrixes taht they put the bible into and change there shape and sized until they get letters that spell some thing they are looking for out of it.
so when thye dont find any thing in a 10x10 matrix they make it a 5x20 matrix or a 50x2 matrix, and they keep trying over and over until they find what they want.
one guy did a matrix of moby dick and found a bunch of the same stuff as the bible code
this other guy found "the bible code is a lie" in the bible code
titor could have been a nut, there is a slim chance he wasent lieing. But I tend to suspend my belief until I see some proof.

denbo88

Titor may be a bad example. I thought I read an interview with him where he admitted to it all being a hoax. Another one was Andrew Carlssin, alegedly busted for insider trading. The SEC said it was a hoax.

People have been looking for codes in the New Testament for thousands of years. Longer than that for the Hebrew OT. It is fascinating how many things can be broken down to a mathmatical basis. I would recommend reading A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar, the book about John Nash. Here is a favorite exerpt quoting William Browder, chairman of the math dept/Princeton: "Nash was the greatest numerologist the world has ever seen. He would do these incredible manipulations with numbers. One day he called me and started with the date of Khrushchev's birth and worked right through to the Dow Jones average. He kept manipulating and putting in new numbers. What he came out with at the end was my Social Security number. He didn't say it was my Social Security number and I wouldn't admit that it was." (p.334)

The book gave me a taste of what it might be like to walk among giants of math, you get a taste of what numbers can do. So the possibility of finding a bible code may just be a matter of finding the right algorithm.

Well Ravelled

In War and Peace there's a prediction that South Park will run for only 10 series...

Seriously - the magic thing about mathematics is that you can nearly always manipulate numbers to represent whatever you want, just ask any top politician. The art of the onlooker lies in questioning the reasoning and the pragmatism of each discrete step.

denbo88

The capabilities of math are probably found somewhere in between; it's more magical than we imagine, but not as fantastic as some will imagine.

Politicians use statistics a lot which can be twisted by the group asking the questions. Like they say, "There are 3 types of liars: Liars, damn liars and statistics". Like many tools, they can also be a weapon.

I always try to remind myself when I come up against something that I do not fully understand is that although I cannot comprehend how it seems to have occurred, that does not invalidate that it can occur. Something can of course have significance whether we can understand it or not. Its just beyond our present ability.

To use the example of John Nash coming up with the math dept. chairman's SS#, I do not know how he made the correlations and cannot appreciate the relationships, significance of those particular numbers, but the fact is he came up with the SS# of the chairman. Nash did not even know the full significance of the number himself, but he sensed it had intrinsic significance.