JT was right of day on worship?

Timespot_2

JT was right of day on worship?

Well appears I have been reading about Vatican Admits that Sunday is NOT the Biblical Sabbath

Sunday is not the day of worship its Saturday. The Da Vinci code was right aswell about Sunday being Sun worship. (I now believe The Da Vinci Code)

Quote from John Titor:
Yes I believe in Jesus Christ and we pray to God in churches. There are some differences you may be interested in. Religion is a major part of people's life in 2036. Pain and change tend to bring people together and closer to God. However, religion is far more personal than it is now. There are no huge, centralized religions and people talk openly about their beliefs. It
might also interest you to know that the day of worship is Saturday, the day God meant to be the Sabbath and the 10 commandments have been restored to the "10" that God gave us.

Skepticism still is against him for me but yes, he was right on for some things.

Complete Stranger

Re: JT was right of day on worship?

Well, I haven't read Da Vinci Code, so I have nothing to add about that, but I can tell you that the news about the Sabbath isn't anything new. As for myself, I learned about that almost 14 years ago in a Jr. High Bible study.

StarLord

For the last 2500+ years Sabbath has been on saturday. Actually it starts sundown friday to sundown saturday. Good food, good wine, good friends.

BubbuClinton

The Jewish Sabbath has always been on Saturday. Tradition has it that when Jesus was resurrected he began meeting with his Apostles and followers on Sunday as a token that he had fulfilled the Mosaic Law by being the ultimate sacrifice and established a new law and a new Sabbath.

Of course the Seventh - day Adventists don't believe this and still worship on Saturday.

Maybe Titor was a Seventh-Day Adventist at some point.

For what it is worth.

Bubbu

Kreeper

Just look at a calendar. There is a reason sunday is always the last, or seventh, day. I knew about this as a child 30+ years ago. Then again, we are talking about the Vatican. They are a little slow at keeping up with society.

BubbuClinton

Actually, don't most calendars start with Sunday as the first day and Saturday as the last day? Or are you speaking of an alternate universe?

Bubbu

tchetcha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"BubbuClinton\")</div>
Actually, don't most calendars start with Sunday as the first day and Saturday as the last day? Or are you speaking of an alternate universe?

Bubbu
________________________________________[/b]

In the calendar we use here where I live starts with a Monday and ends in a Sunday. The rest is almost the same.

BubbuClinton

Maybe its a Europe thing. In the US most calendars start on Sunday and end on Saturday. That's interesting. Do you use a flavor of Windows for your computer? If so what does the calendar do installed there?

Bubbu

tchetcha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"BubbuClinton\")</div>
Maybe its a Europe thing. In the US most calendars start on Sunday and end on Saturday. That's interesting. Do you use a flavor of Windows for your computer? If so what does the calendar do installed there?

Bubbu[/b]

Well, let's see if I understood you...
I use a Windows in Portuguese (Portugal). There is a Portuguese (Brazil) too. The calendar starts with a monday and the Outlook calendar let's you choose the day of the week to begin... I believe is more a religious than a Europe thing.
Is there a calendar where the week doesn't have 7 days? An Hindu or something?

BubbuClinton

In the United States Most Calendars are formated Sunday to Saturday. Window in English formats that way. In Outlook you can choose what ever view you desire. Interesting.

I guess it like Maps, In the US the World Map has North American in the Center and Asia is split on the edges. But in Japan, Japan is in the Center.

To each their own.

Bubbu