June 2012 Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I haven't posted an update announcement for a while! ...What am I going to say this time..?

As you probably noticed, the site's activity went up quite a bit in the last few months, which is great, especially since we made it to 50,000 posts not so long ago. Thanks to many active members, we are able to reach a very reasonable amount of posts everyday.

Here are the reasons why you need to visit Paranormalis again and again:
  • We have great members. Forums where you are able to intelligently discuss paranormal topics are very rare. Paranormalis is one of them.
  • We have 2 chat events every week: Thursday and Friday, 9PM EST (1AM UTC). We talk about everything paranormal. It's a great way to interact with fellow members on a whole new level.
  • We have a new Blog section. You can create your own personal blog.
  • We have an Arcade: That has to be the best place to hang around when you're bored at work.
Only 4 reasons? No, there are tons of things that make Paranormalis a great place to be. The first is, as listed above, its members.

I'm going to be more present on the forum now that I'm done moving to my new apartment. Moving required a lot of my time, which is why I wasn't on the site as much as I used to. I don't plan to make any kind of drastic change to the forum, as everything feels pretty good right now. Why change something that works? I'm open to suggestions though, as ever.

I look forward to take part in more and more discussions with you guys. :) See you on the board!

P.S. Don't forget the weekly chat events! Thursday and Friday, 9PM EST (1AM UTC)!

--Numenorean7
Paranormalis

kurisu

Has the chat event been active recently? I haven't seen the topic posted and, have been to lazy or have forgotten to enter the chat. So I am guilty of not attending but, I was just curious. I'll try to make sure I'm in this Fridays chat, hopefully others will be there also.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Chat events and their topics are announced on top of the forum in notices, right under the Forum, Members, Blog, etc buttons. I activate the notice once I posted the chat event's weekly thread, which I mention right below.

I post a thread about the next upcoming chat events a few days before they take place in the Comunity Events forum section. It's the second category of the main forum page.

I usually post the announcement for the weekly events on Monday or Tuesday, which is 2-3 days before the events take place. I plan to post those announcements earlier than just 2 days before the actual events.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Sounds good! The blog section is the right place to share about various thoughts that don't have to be related to paranormal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.