Just A Thought, All Comments Are Welcome :)

TSISK

first of all im new to this site and i think this site rocks.i was thinking to myself after listening to coast to coast on time traveling: wouldnt people have seen him/herself or themselves about to time travel, on their way back or at the same time when about to timetravel? viseversa?
basically if time could slow down orspeed when timetraveler controlling it; to time traveled, cant time be stop...or paused? what do u guys think?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Is what you're talking about here, something along the lines of coming back to your present a few seconds earlier, making it so that you'll see your younger self just as he's leaving for his time travel trip? I gotta say I never thought about that one. I'd probably make sure not to encounter an other version of myself, so I'd be careful to come back to my present a short time after I left, rather than coming back at the very precise moment I left.

Some people had doppelganger experiences. Perhaps those doppelganger are actually future versions of these people visiting their past.

Chip Lewis

TSISK, there are many factors at play if TT were a reality. In order to see yourself leaving or arriving I suppose you would need to travel from the exact location and time you traveled before...right?

TSISK

well ok thanks on the comments.i guess i was asking...lets say TT is possible and is the newest trend and its done without consequences. plus every laws of physics arent bent or tamper with to TT, i just think that if TT was to work then time itself would be meaningless because from the point of view im thinking about is that if i was to timetravel, there would be no way i would get back to the EXACT timeline when before i left, in the EXACT demension/universe...because laws of time. i think time doesnt stop or pauses for anyone or anything. if it could be slow down or speed up but not to a complete halt,no. so as soon as i begin my TT trip, the clock is already ticking. so if the clock has alredy start ticking, everything that i left behind would tick on with time. everything like from friends, family to events, etc,Everything...would have moved on with time as soon as i left...um sort of like u know how when u have moved out of town and after awhile u come back and revisit and everything has change...
so what im saying is that may TT could only exist if time itself is meaningless. if time is meaningless then space would be meaningless, so on and so on...unless if TT was to be possible, then there is no way i would come back to the ezact time demension as i had left, no matter what timeline my machine is set on because time doesnt stop ticking for anything, not even light. and i also think that if i were to feel like im back at the same timeline demension it would be the parallel version, and yet in the end although everything may look, sound,or feel exactly like how i left, parallel is still not original as how i left to TT.
dont get me wrong guys but i would like to see time travel possible and we as humans become our own gods, i just think that in a world that if i were time travel, no matter what i would be lost. there would be no way back home..home! and in another world if TT was to be possible without consequences, everything else would be unbalance.

....sighing...i need a cigarette break.....lol
what do u guys think? all comments are welcome : )