Just Doubting MoD

Kes.R.

Last week I, among most of the South-West of England felt and heard a massive explosion- What was called a 'Sonic Boom'. The Ministry of Defence eventually said that it was a supersonic jet going to a false alarm. I know there's an article with the helicopter passengers experiences but I find it suspicious.

It seems pretty reasonable and convincing when you read:
Loud bang heard across whole of Swindon (From Swindon Advertiser)

But, I started doubting the story quickly because I'd previously read an article saying that the MoD were 'Investigating' the cause of the bang, before announcing about 20 minutes later something like:
'Oh, it was a typhoon plane/jet that we sent to help someone.'

How can THE Ministry itself not know this?! They sent the plane and 'granted it permission to go supersonic', so why the whole investigation?

As for the helicopter. How likely is it to 'TYPE' in a security code (as i was told they did) AND be on the wrong frequency.

Sorry, I really felt like getting other people's opinions about this since it seems slightly fishy to me.

P.S. A few days after/ago, I heard multiple explosion sounds outside/near my town-ish, like grenades or something. That and the increase in low flying planes/jets lately make me even more curious.

Kes.R.

To Add To It, Apparently Yesterday, There Were At Least 2 Bomb Scares Also IN SWINDON. :/