Kerbal Space Program

Justinian

If you like tinkering with simplified engineering like the bridge building game, or the one where you see how much damage you can cause on a person by pushing with varied forces on varied points of their bodies.. Then you'll LOVE this game.. Hint: Its not really the same as these.

Kerbal Space Program Kerbal Space Program

This game has a free to download and play demo. It's a small file size. They have a really good GUI where you can pick different parts to "snap" together to make a rocket. Then you blast your rocket, or attempt to, into space. It's really comical because the Kermins, that are your pilots, faces can be seen in the lower right of your game. So you get to see them freaking out as the rocket shakes them during lift-off. WARNING: You will most likely kill hundreds of Kermins before you ever get one into space.

I actually bought the game. Now here's a few things if you buy it. First off, the demo is like sandbox mode compared to the full version. I used my same exact designs in the full version that succeeded in the demo and they barely made it off the launch pad before exploding into millions of pieces. The cool part is that there is a large community of modders that are making mods to help with the game and make it better, and easier in my case.

I'm now working on sending various stages of a space station into orbit and trying unsuccessfully so far, to get them docked together.

With all the asteroid talk and commercial shuttle talk, I figured this was a good post. Enjoy!