Mandela Effect - WTF does it mean?

captainawesome1701

I have been regularly researching this subject and all possible causes for these events. The most perplexing thing is that it is only some people albeit a large amount of people that remember certain events a certain way. I just found out about a new one today, well new to me, the Little Debbie Nutty Bars... Apparently they have always been called nutty buddy! Also, if you look it up you will find a combination of both Nutty Buddy as well as Nutty Bars, I SWEAR it has always been Nutty Bars some places say there was a name change but why and when? Is this a Mandela effect??? Also one of the proven Mandela effects that has personally affected me is the Gremlins movie. That was one of my favorite movies when I was younger I watched all of them over and over and over and that DANG gremlin's name was SPIKE! I know his name was Spike because I had a little doll of him and I remember the name on the package as Spike but now its Stripe, WHAT?!o_O

My fatherinlaw always referred to them as Nutty Buddies and we would show him the box which clearly read Nutty Bars. He would reply "yea but I am closer to 'em than most so they are my Nutty Buddies.
First I've heard of this M.E.

Treversal

The only MEs I can think of...Zack from Saved By The Bell died in a car accident many years ago. But he is alive now. And once my co-worker was driving us toward Manhattan and I saw an old water tower and I thought that it was odd since we had driven this way for years and I never noticed it before. And then he said, I never saw that water tower before.

Kairos

Here's a fun fact: it seems to stop happening when your brain finishes developing later in life. I think it's similar to deja vu. It's just a cognitive thing, not evidence of different timelines at all.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here's a fun fact: it seems to stop happening when your brain finishes developing later in life. I think it's similar to deja vu. It's just a cognitive thing, not evidence of different timelines at all.

It continues to happen to me very frequently. Of course I came up with a theory that fits the observations a long time ago. My consciousness is shared by a group of other versions of me that are dispersed across other timelines. How many other me's there are I do not know. Probably not infinite. I did come up with experiements that everyone can do to alter the timeline you are on. But having a very good memory is required to notice the changes. Perhaps with declining memory, changes would no longer be noticed.

paradox404

As I've found recently, the Mandela effect can be anything to misspelled letters, logos changing and all the way up to the Entire freaking planet looking different.

The others have dubbed the very latter point as the "Old Earth" theory.

No1Spank

Once you discover the Mandela Effect you will be subject to witnessing changes constantly.
Many changes you will not spot but things that you may have had a detailed interest in the past but have not looked at for a while will be the areas where you are most likely to spot them. For me it is aircraft more than anything as I was very much into them as a teenager, now there are aeroplanes with propellers at the back. These types of planes never existed until 2018 for me.
Also engines on passenger planes now sit forward of the wings where they used to sit so the rear of the engines were past the rear of the wing.

No1Spank

It continues to happen to me very frequently. Of course I came up with a theory that fits the observations a long time ago. My consciousness is shared by a group of other versions of me that are dispersed across other timelines. How many other me's there are I do not know. Probably not infinite. I did come up with experiements that everyone can do to alter the timeline you are on. But having a very good memory is required to notice the changes. Perhaps with declining memory, changes would no longer be noticed.

Mandela Effect didn't start for me until I was 41 so nothing to do with brain development, also I had never heard of it before I noticed it.
My memory is getting sharper because it has too. I actually try to ignore changes and even have to alter my conversation to incorporate them so as not to appear insane. I'm guessing it's not going to go away.