Many Worlds Theory View of Reincarnation

denbo88

Many Worlds Theory View of Reincarnation

This issue has been a vexing problem for a long time, as a religious person who finds reincarnation totally contrary to my belief system. But I have had to deal with the many cases where people had private knowledge about someone long gone that has been verified again and again as accurate. I have sought an explanation as to how it could happen and believe the answer may lie in the Many Worlds Theory. I have spent a lot of time thinking about and synthesizing the two.
The orthodox view of reincarnation states that we had a previous life, or many previous lives prior to this one. It presumes that we live this life in the SAME world as the last one(s). But what if recollections of past lives are actually memories of lives you lived in OTHER parallel worlds? You would have a memory, however detailed, of this past life. It would be one of many lives presumably lived in parallel worlds at THAT period in time, but you have an awareness and memories of just that one lifetime. This makes more sense and would explain where the additional people come from as the population expands over time. It would be a zero-sum game. The number of souls would remain the same since they would only be re-distributed through different parallel worlds at any point in time.

darkbreed

Re: Many Worlds Theory View of Reincarnation

Interesting theory. This gave me something to think about when it comes to past life experiences. And also other type of memories some people experience. Maybe some cases of schizophrenia could be explained by this, were the patient remember things that never happend but still believes it to be completely real.
Thanks for the post, I will reflect some on this one

StarLord

Great Question,

First question one needs to consider about Reincarnation is, can you learn all there is to be learned in one lifetime?

Second one would be why would a religious path whish to hide information of this sort?

Once you accept the fact that Reincarnation is a natural means for Soul to have the necessary experiences it requires to grow within it's self and to acquire the tools necessary to survive not only here but in the higher planes. The obvious expressions of Soul are both male and female, both parts of Soul's natural expression. Then comes all the various ways and experiences of each: Father, Mother, GrandFather GrandMother, Uncle, Aunt, sister, brother, Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief, Baker, Murderer, Thief, Nurse, Liar, Banker, Philanthopist, Rich, Poor, Healthy, Diseased.......

All of these particular types of expression have their own unique problems, blessings, viewpoints and inherent lessons. If you do a search on Births and Deaths world wide and view how the numbers are changing each minute, there really is no problem to the 'stacking' or waiting time. Populations expand and contract depending upon the health and ballance of the planet. It takes care of that problem naturally. Just recently quite a few of us left at one time around Tailand. Not a big deal, the vehicles were trashed but the drivers remain the same plus a big experience, all fine and well ready to drive another physical body that will have the best future experiences needed.

It is also very possible that some of our incarnations never happened on this planet.

darkbreed

Ah the mystical gates of reincarnation.

So what is your thoughts on other forms of life, lets say animals, bugs, microorganisms, viruses, plants? Do you think we are incarnated as such lifeforms as well?

Zoomerz

Denbo;

This is a great question. I'm not a Christian, but was baptised Catholic. I've always struggled with the Orthodox view of Christianity, and I'm assuming you're of a Christian belief (correct me if I'm wrong).

Recently I became aware of early Christians (the period from Jesus' death to the time of Constantine). They were pagans called "Gnostics". After Constantine established the Roman Catholic church, Rome basically erradicated the Gnostics, along with any writings by them, calling it/them *heretics*.

In the 1940's, in Nag Hammadi, Egypt, the gnostic teachings and scrolls were uncovered, which included, amongst other things, the apostolic writings of Thomas, Phillip, and Mary (yes, Mary Magdelane).

I will say no more, but do a "google" for "Nag Hammadi", or "Gnostics", and you will see that reincarnation is not only consistent with Christianity, but much knowledge was *squeezed out* of the faith by the orthodoxy. By adding their testimony back in, you will have a much greater understanding of Christ, and man's purpose on earth.

Z-

isabel

Can we be reborn as animals? No. Reincarnation only covers being reborn as a human. Some Eastern philosophies say that all humans had to work their way up to be born as humans; that we all were created as lower forms of life like stones, plants or animals. That passing from one form to another that eventually makes us human is called transmigration, and once you reach the human form and everything that goes with it you can only be reborn as another human, you can't regress into a lower life form.

StarLord

As Soul has but two goals in 'life' to know and experience all that is possible of itself and to find Spirit, that eternal Supreme Being from which it started from, it is very possible, From my learning, Soul first started out here as a 'rock', a very basic state of awareness, it just is. From there on to all the myraid types of plants and possibly the last stage there as fodder for the life here. (animals and humans). Then on to the animal kingdom wether water borne, air borne or tri, quadra or bipedal. With fur, feathers, exoskeletin or slimy. Indeed each one offering it's specific opportunities for growth. From there Soul really has it's job cut out for it due to all the possible lessons, traps, trials and tribulations that will be experienced in this state.

There is a misconception about Soul returning back to the earlier states of life. In other words, once you 'graduate' from any particular life form BELOW the human state of consciousness, there is no reason for it to return there as Soul has already experienced it.

denbo88

Darkbreed: Schizophrenia also has fascinating ramifications. It could be explained by the ability to access parallel worlds/sense others in PW's, or more likely perceive spirits that have passed on. An excellent little book on this is The Unquiet Dead, by Dr. Edith Fiore. She treated many schizophreniacs over 30 years and came to the conclusion that many were cases of spirit posession. But I don't want to get too far off the raison d'etre for this website: time travel.
Their delusions could be real situations occuring but in a parallel world. The voices that they hear could be from others in/from a parallel world.
Sometimes I think about the very long lifetimes of people recorded in the book of Genesis. Methuselah lived to 969 years old, but many lived almost as long. Then somewhere along the line, the average ages dropped dramatically. I have wondered if, maybe after The Flood, the enviornment changed and lowered our life expectancy. Perhaps the Creator started "reincarnation" to provide us with the same number of years, only broken up in many lifetimes. Technically it would be one life experiences broken into chapters. It's a stretch, I know.:grin:
Zoomerz: By the way, I am a Christian. I have found that it takes MORE faith for me to believe that there is NOT a Creator than that there is. The natural response is to show respect for one greater than ourselves and try to live a life pleasing to God. I accept God's revelation provided through Jesus as the right way to achieve that. I realized long ago that man eventually mucks up everything he gets his little fingers into, including religion, and that it was always meant to be one-on-one, you and God primarily, and thats what I seek. I depend heavily on the Creator leading me into truth and also make it a matter of prayer. What better place to start to look for knowledge? My little brain is of little use without some help from a higher power.
Starlord: I think we can agree that the earth's population is expanding since creation, so where do all these reincarnated souls come from if not from OTHER parallel worlds? The net amount of live people is increasing. Only so many can come back from previous lives in this world, but if you include some of them coming from other worlds; they balance out. There is just a re-distribution of souls among all worlds at anyone time. I hope I haven't confused the issue.

Wildstar

Yes I agree this may be the case. The voices they hear could be themselves in a parallel universe or others. I'd like to read that book. I don't know about spirit possession, but people with schizophrenia may be able to tap into a sea of "echoes of consciousness" that exists between all of these parallel universes.

Max X

denbo88 said:
This issue has been a vexing problem for a long time, as a religious person who finds reincarnation totally contrary to my belief system. But I have had to deal with the many cases where people had private knowledge about someone long gone that has been verified again and again as accurate. I have sought an explanation as to how it could happen and believe the answer may lie in the Many Worlds Theory. I have spent a lot of time thinking about and synthesizing the two.
denbo88 said:
The orthodox view of reincarnation states that we had a previous life, or many previous lives prior to this one. It presumes that we live this life in the SAME world as the last one(s). But what if recollections of past lives are actually memories of lives you lived in OTHER parallel worlds? You would have a memory, however detailed, of this past life. It would be one of many lives presumably lived in parallel worlds at THAT period in time, but you have an awareness and memories of just that one lifetime. This makes more sense and would explain where the additional people come from as the population expands over time. It would be a zero-sum game. The number of souls would remain the same since they would only be re-distributed through different parallel worlds at any point in time.

I can remember 22 of my past and future lives. Remembering the future; what a concept.

The reincarnation subject is always interesting, most of the evidence we have about reincarnation is by the use of progressive or regressive hypnosis and information gathered from our Oversoul or Higher Self.

All the evidence shows that not only do people are affected by past lives, but also by future and even parallel lives.

I used to hypnotize myself and was able to connect with another person in a parallel reality, but this person was having some physical problem, so I decided to avoid more trouble for me in this reality, and immediately disconnected from her.

The increased in population in the universe can be explained by the fact a higher self can create more than one personality; one person can be divided into many and reincarnated even on the same year in different bodies: those are called parallel lives.

Jenny Cockell, for instance, can consciously remember her last past life and was able to contact the children she left when she died in 1930, who are now in their 70s.

Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children - Pretty interesting book.