Marijuana

halo2junkie119

Marijuana

I was just curious about everyones opinions on marijuana and whether it should be legalized or not. I listen to coast to coast am and they do talk about this occaisionally. Personally i think it should be legalized, but i would like to know whatr you all think as well.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: Marijuana

I don't see any difference between pot and cigarettes or alcohol. As long as there's laws made for it like there are for the other two "grown up" things, I don't see a problem with it.

thenumbersix

It makes you lethargic and apathetic...

Ok if you're in menial labour, helps get through the boredom, for anything that requires any amount of will power, forget it...

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Lethargic and apathetic... Sounds like most of the guys I knew in the military after a night out ;)

I think it's still illegal because the government wouldn't have any control over it even if they did legalize it. Tobacco and alcohol are legal becayse the government can put a tax on it and get some income... Not everybody can grow their own tobacco or make their own whiskey, but anybody can grow marijuana.

lastdyingtree

The illegality of Marijuana is a shame. Hemp is a very useful resource (paper, clothing, parachute material, medicine, oil and protein (seeds), etc.) But alas we have arbitrary and ridiculous laws that state that poison like alcohol and tobacco should be legal but marijuana shouldn't.
Chris

shane

Marijuana is the only time machine we currently have, and it predates us by a long shot. Consumption of THC is capable of creating a bubble of sorts around the user, inside of which time slows down. I used this method to skip through a few years, and I highly reccomend it.

StarLord

"Why do you think they call it DOPE man?" That 'bubble' pretty much can stop any kind of foward momentum. It is more like a stasis or deep sleep than a vehicle. Your observations are skewed when too much of it is consumed.

electricsheep

i think its bull crap that its illigal. and heggy, ive always said what you said about alcohol and cigs. how is it any worse? alcohol is proven to give you liver cancer, cigs give u lung cancer, both do other things that are bad as well, yet weed..you have no hangovers in the morining, you cant really over-dose. its just ****ed up

Keroscene

Seen this avatar, thought it was cool dude.:)
pot%20leaf%20avatar.gif

here is a link
http://www.spacespider.net/avatars-animated-007.php

seems I had a problem inserting a gif image, said there wasn't enough space for a thumbnail image, sorry for the link

William

Exactly Heggy. That is why marijuana still remains illegal.

But marijuana still isn't as easy as it may seem to be to grow. Trust me, I've tried. It takes A LOT of patience and care. I believe that if the government wisens up, makes it legal, and sells it with tax, they'd still make a decent profit, tax-wise. Most people would rather go to the store and buy it than try to attempt to buy their own, or go through a dealer whom can potentially be dangerous. There will also be less deaths due to it, since no one really ever dies from marijuana itself, and many die from encounters with dealers (at least around here).

I believe that if it is ever legalized, although most people might become lethargic, at least the world will be a happier place. Everyone I know that smokes marijuana, while smoking the marijuana, is much more stress-free, relaxed, and overall...happy. I think it'd also cut down on depression and suicides as well, since if you're ever feeling down, you can always just take a toke. ;)