Mars rocks!

Khaos

where the wild things are
Yeah I know, I should put this under Off Topic or the science forum, or over there with the other topics of mine that get little to no responses. But whatever. I have this little fun game with a friend, we will sometimes message each other pictures from the rovers on Mars and we do it when we find interesting features. Things that stand out, are out of place and tonight I found three features that I feel are just a bit out of the ordinary and I sent the image to him and am awaiting his response.

I have the image, which is zoomed in. And the original link, to said image.

Original image: http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00393/mcam/0393MR1623001000E1_DXXX.jpg

As you can see I circled what I found (for my friend, I sent him the same image without the circles, teehee)

I'm not going to say that I believe this to be the work of aliens, but I find it a bit interesting, makes you wonder if there are aliens on Mars. I mean after all, this week they announced that the martian dirt, is a sponge and there is water in that dirt.

Curiosity Rover Makes Big Water Discovery in Mars Dirt, a 'Wow Moment' | Space.com

I'm a huge space freak. Planets, constellations, galaxies... you name it, whatever is up there, beyond our planet, I love it. I love to do research, I love to look at photos.

Anyways onto the the picture.

Circle 1: I see a rock, but this rock is peculiar... it stands out. I see it has a trunk, with a rather white, round nose, and eyes. Yes if you look near the top, you can see two ovals, that look very identical and look like eyes. You can also see its body, what appears to be an arm, and why does the rest of its body drape across the rock to the right? It looks like the ground at first glance, but why would the ground, appear on the rock?

Circle 2: A face! And it does look like it was carved or chiseled... I can see two eyes, a noes and a mouth. I can see some line coming down the front of its face... reminds me of some alien race from Star Trek (num might know)

Circle 3: A rock? A hole? A plant? An egg? It doesn't look like a rock. You could say that the big rock is casting its shadow, well no, because then the shadow would be over the rock. You could say its the rover's shadow, well wouldn't we also see the rover's shadow, and if the rover is blocking out the light for that rock, why isn't blocking out the light for any other rocks?

Just some fun game I've done that I thought I would share... I have seen things through this rover that are a bit odd. There is this other image, that shows a large rock, with a rock on top. And its a small stone. And... it looks like it was placed there. It just does not look right, it looks very out of place.

Edit: I have been bewitched, the topic has been moved to the science forum. Thanks again, Sam!

Attachments

• alien.png
    alien.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Samstwitch

Mars attack.jpg

See what happens when you don't get your flu shot! :eek: Get well soon. ;)