minuteman project and Waco type events thread

HackimerRob

Welcome Forum, and thanks for your post. As I sit here not enjoying by Tibetan buttered salt tea (really bad, if you have the chance don't ever order it) I am reflecting on all I've learned since I learned about Titor. Here's what I have to say. I think that if there is about to be a war in america, between americans, it is at this point absolutely unavoidable.

there is nothing we can do except resist the fighting nonviolently.

I don't know how many of you know, but we in NY were almost subjected to lockdown starting yesterday because of "SPECIFIC" location based threats based on overseas intel describing specific buildings in NY and Jersey that Al-Quaeda has been planning on hitting...
OR SO WE'RE BEING TOLD. Now not to sound like the ranting lunatic extremist, but if it's a lie, the govt is playing right into our hands, and helping take us further down the police state road. General "we don't know where it's going to hit" threats have been less and less effective in scaring the populous into submission. So ... they tell us that there are specific building threats and lockdown the city. Nobody questions this. It's not the fact that it's happening that frightens me, cause I have a bike, it's the fact that publicly no one is even imagining the possibility that this authority is false and they are planning to take ourselves over under the quise of "security"
I think it's new motto time:
"Don't Fear, Don't flee"
That works for me for now.

Thanks for hearing me out, and thanks again "forum" for your membership (MEMBER 101!! WOOOOOOO) and your post.

keylempa

Originally posted by Hackimer@ Rob,Jul 16 2004, 03:50 PM
Another point I'd like to put on the table for discussion is this:
Through the magic of the internet I have been listening to a live broadcast over the past few weeks of a classic rock station in Memphis Tennessee. ?The thing is, and anyone else living around America, please let me know what it's like for you all - every other commercial is a message from Tom Ridge and the department of homeland security. The message they are sending to MEMPHIS I will paraphrase:
Just because you're a smaller less economically viable city doesn't mean terrorism can't happen here too you know. Go to Ready.gov and figure out how you can be prepared for a horrible thing to happen to you like happened on 9/11, reguardless of the fact that WHAT TERRORIST WOULD TARGET MEMPHIS? (okay that part's not really in the spots) .
The point is it's totally a prep for the herding, and not Terrorrism. AND WE IN NY NEVER HEAR THIS COMMERCIAL, or anything like it at all on the radio. Just your average everyday commercials. You would think by listening to this memphis radio station that america could get blown up at any second. \"It's time to get serious about preparing for an attack\" the commercial says. It makes me angry that this is going on. WHY do they need to scare people further? The only sense it makes is that they're trying to do exactly what we here are saying. ?It can absolutely not be about the government being that concerned with terrorism in MEMPHIS? I really wonder if it's like that anywhere else. Anyone?

You actually have brought up a good enough point that it forced me to register and reply :)

I would like to comment on my personal experiences with these very same advertisements. They are big black billboards with white letters that say something to the effect of "are you ready for terrorism" or "dont let terrorism take your fredom away" and "be prepared for terrorism" and all of them then have the ready.gov address.

I live in Texas (mostly College Station) but I am originally from a very small town in south texas. As I travel from CS to my hometown, the towns get smaller, and also as you get farther away from the big cities, the prevalence of these advertisements dramatically increase in number. For instance, College Station is a relatively small city (roughly 100k people) and I have NEVER seen one of these advertisements. but, as you travel southwest, you start seeing 1 per community, 2 per community, and my small town has I think 3 at last count (only 6k people) and the communities around my town all have at least one ad.

This is just some freaky stuff man, I talk to my grandparents and parents about it and they all talk like Al Q is gonna come over from whereverTF they are from and put them into slavery or something. I went to Texas A&M (I know, uber conservative, but we will look past that...) and I met lots of different people from lots of different places. Many of my very close friends where from places such as Indonesia and Nigeria, and over the years of my friendship with them, it really opened my eyes as to exactly how we, as americans, hardly have our own thoughts anymore. Before I met these people, I was under the assumption that africa was full of impoverished africans covered in flies, and that indonesia was full of headhunters and black magic. However, I discovered that these places are mostly full of normal people, just like you and I, that just try to make a living and fit in with the rest of the world.

My good indonesian friend is actually a Muslim, and I have absolutly no problems with that. My wife and I have talked to him and his girlfriend (and many of their friends) at length over the years and we have discovered that they and their families think that the terrorists are absoltly terrible. They said that after 9/11 they have had a hard time fitting in at times, especially around Ramadan when they go to mosque every day, and are actually afraid for their safety. They cant stand the news and how it puts an anti-Muslim swing on everything and makes a completely false stereotype of the entire Muslim population.

Blah, I am tired, it is 2:30 AM and I am gonna go to sleep. I will continue to post here, as I am beginning to see that lots of the stuff that JT said is looking HIGHLY probable...

later,
KeyLempa

HackimerRob

KeyLempa, thanks for addressing this point. In fact I had been wondering about that. Now would someone please tell me why it's necessary to make the volume of this advertising INVERSELY perportionate to the populations and "targetability" of towns and citys. It doesn't make sense to me. You'd think they 'd want to make sure you know what to do when the time comes in NEW YORK, or PHILADELPHIA. All we get in NY is a poster campaign on the subways that says "if you see something, say something" in four languages.

Hey, what about everyone else? What are the public "terrorist awareness" campaigns like where you all are?

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Hackimer@ Rob,Aug 10 2004, 08:30 PM
KeyLempa, thanks for addressing this point. In fact I had been wondering about that. Now would someone please tell me why it's necessary to make the volume of this advertising INVERSELY perportionate to the populations and \"targetability\" of towns and citys. It doesn't make sense to me. You'd think they 'd want to make sure you know what to do when the time comes in NEW YORK, or PHILADELPHIA. All we get in NY is a poster campaign on the subways that says \"if you see something, say something\" in four languages.

Hey, what about everyone else? What are the public \"terrorist awareness\" campaigns like where you all are?

The funding for Homeland Security is disproportionate. Areas of dense population get less money; places like Wyoming get per capita hundreds of times more security "support," expressed in dollars. Since the HS program is primarily emblematic and metaphorical (like the entire "war" on terror), you will see the results of what is being done in your neighborhood mostly in the form of advertising, because that's where the money is spent when there's surplus money. They don't call it advertising; they call it "education," as when they fight AIDS with stark posters "educating" you not to have sex.

CaryP

Hey, what about everyone else? What are the public \"terrorist awareness\" campaigns like where you all are?

About the only billboard or any other type notices I see in south Louisiana are warnings about mosquito bites and West Nile virus. "A Killer" or "The bite that kills" is plastered underneath the picture os a mosquito. I guess they ain't too concerned with us coonasses and the WOT.

The latest joke about how to end terrorism is to drop about 25 Cajun hunters with shotguns and plenty of ammo into the middle east, tell them that there's a 10 per day limit and hunting season just closed. (Cajuns are notorious "outlaws" on limits and hunting season for those of you who didn't get the joke.)

Yeehaa.

Cary

Judge Bean

Originally posted by CaryP@Aug 10 2004, 08:48 PM

About the only billboard or any other type notices I see in south Louisiana are warnings about mosquito bites and West Nile virus. "A Killer" or "The bite that kills" is plastered underneath the picture os a mosquito. I guess they ain't too concerned with us coonasses and the WOT.

The latest joke about how to end terrorism is to drop about 25 Cajun hunters with shotguns and plenty of ammo into the middle east, tell them that there's a 10 per day limit and hunting season just closed. (Cajuns are notorious "outlaws" on limits and hunting season for those of you who didn't get the joke.)

Yeehaa.

Cary

Wait-- don't you all give it a few months to build a Coalition of the Willing?

CaryP

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon+Aug 10 2004, 03:54 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CaryP@Aug 10 2004, 08:48 PM
Hey, what about everyone else? What are the public "terrorist awareness" campaigns like where you all are?

Yeehaa.

Cary

Wait-- don't you all give it a few months to build a Coalition of the Willing?
[snapback]6408[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Coaltion of the willing? What you talking 'bout Willis? 25 drunk Cajuns loaded to the teeth, on a hunt for "whatever" is a willing coalition. Trigger fingers are itchy, and they don't ask any questions. "Spot 'em and take 'em" is the motto of the day. Takes about a six pack each, which can be completed in less than half an hour. Months later is another season of game. A Cajun for President. This whole WOT would be over in a couple of weeks.

Cary

HackimerRob

I couldn't help thinking Cary, but do you sound anything like Foghorn Leghorn when you talk?

StarLord

Well that took cahones to ask didn't it? Mui Grande Cahones / Wavos Con Brassos.

I knew that Rob :D Just joking :lol:

HackimerRob

I know this is going to sound wrong, but I meant it with all due respect, and in Cary's case, I think it would be a plus to his personality.
Not, as the case could be, an insult.