Misrule and Criminal Rule of America

Judge Bean

?in other countries, sir, unhappily for mankind, the history of their respective revolutions have been written in blood; and it is in this only that any great or important change in our political situation, has been effected, without publick commotions?When we shall have adopted the Constitution before us, we shall have in this article an adequate provision for all the purposes of political reformation. If in the course of its operation, this government shall appear to be too severe, here are the means by which this severity may be attempered and corrected?
Charles Jarvis

The original American government saw in its charter document the means for lawful revolution, to avoid bloodshed as the sole means of reform, correction, and amendment. The law remains in effect as written.

The function of the Senate and the House is primarily now one of direct, disingenuous payment and reward. The Congress is now a large market, the law a commodity, the prices set by supply and demand. No one can win an election, let alone retain office, without an enormous financial transaction.

Whereas the presidential candidate must supplement a financial fortune with broad appeal to voters overall, the Senate or Congressional candidate need only amass the funding. The constituency is utterly at the mercy of the needs and costs of business conducted just out of earshot, and ?while the legislature is in session, no one is safe.?

In recent modern history, it was a political commonplace that Senators worked to gain advantages for their home States, landing enormous military business or otherwise channeling an inordinate share of benefits to their own constituencies. Nowadays, Senators are their own bailiwicks, maneuvering lobbyists and favors to obtain more than their share of enrichment.

Members of Congress now represent only themselves. Every election is a lie. The people have no voice within the intricate network of influence and cashflow. Mr. Smith has no seat in the Senate. The Constitution has no force in either the spirit or the letter of its law.

The Supreme Court of the United States over the past 30 years, and especially under the prolific guidance of its Chief Justice, who deems himself a kind of high military officer, will side predictably with the government nearly always, when the controversy lies between it and the people; and nearly always against it when it lies between corporate interests and the government. When a matter of dispute between the districts forces the Court to interpret Constitutional law in an uncomfortable way, its way unclear between competing and powerful interest, it will reject the case and avoid any decision whatever.

In the course of only a very few terms, it has recently taken this cowardly escape on issues of high importance in, e.g., the Silveira and Padilla cases, jeopardizing the Bill of Rights.

It has upheld onerous life terms for petty crimes, consistently worked to reduce personal rights, validated the expansion of executive powers and secrecy, loosened its appearance of impartiality, and refused or failed to overturn the pernicious Korematsu case, instead citing it as authority for the occasional necessity of official racism.

The Chief Justice has written books apparently predicting what his decisions would be regarding issues of grave Constitutional weight. The presidents have been successful in loading the panel with individuals representing polarized viewpoints, further degrading the political immunities of the judiciary. The only remedy for these entrenched abuses is complete replacement of the Court, since we can no longer look to it for teaching us how to preserve our rights.

Complete replacement of those in power is in fact the only recourse now for the whole government if the people are to have their due, which is their justice, which is their birthright. They know they have been misled. Now it must end.

CaryP

Great post Paul. But what are we to do with all of this chacanery? Is a peaceable solution possible, given the dormant state of the populace? I think not, although I'd opt for one. The sheeple may not awake until their toys have been confiscated. The impending financial fiasco may be the "toothpick" that prods the frog out of the boiling pot. The presidency has been a sham for decades as you point out, but I don't see a "voter resolution" to the debacle until the situation is much worse. Hopefully, I'm very wrong.

Cary

Judge Bean

People will start shooting when they are out of hope (which means out of money), according to the example of history; but I would guess that there is a far better chance of getting up a national referendum than a national armed revolt. The alternative is the status quo, which, as you have pointed out, will be neither status nor quo much longer.

StarLord

Agreed, awesome post once again Paul.

You know, if someone could figure out how to effectively mobilize the combined Ire of the female population here in the US towards what is going on, it could lead to the catalyst that wakes the flock up. As we all know, there is nothing worse than a very angry woman on the warpath when you have threatened her children. A force to be respected IMHO. Just an Idea that passed by.

CaryP

Originally posted by StarLord@Aug 17 2004, 11:41 AM
Agreed, awesome post once again Paul.

You know, if someone could figure out how to effectively mobilize the combined Ire of the female population here in the US towards what is going on, it could lead to the catalyst that wakes the flock up. As we all know, there is nothing worse than a very angry woman on the warpath when you have threatened her children. A force to be respected IMHO. Just an Idea that passed by.

You're on to something there, Starlord. There's gonna be some angry mommas when the babies start getting hungry and can't receive adequate medical treatment in big percentages of the population. An angry woman might just get Joe Six Pack off his ass, and mobilize him to do something. My chauvanistic tendancies blinded me to this possibility. Look at the Mad Mommas of MADD. This has had a serious impact on drunk driving laws, enforcement and punishment. DWI's are much harder to get "fixed" these days, if at all, and drunk drivers aren't the comedic foible they were back in the 1960's and 70's. Remember Foster Brooks, the comdian/actor who made a career of pretending to be drunk? That used to be funny. Not anymore.

Good thinking pal. How could I forget the motivating force of an angry woman? I go home every night with a mental checklist of what not to do to stir the little woman's ire. Must be the first signs of aging.

Cary

StarLord

Agreed my friend.

First cardinal rule of protest for them is to avoid, at all costs, placards that read: NO BUSH. I believe that a lesbian group protesting Bush carried signs like this and confusion arose due to the verbage and possibility of a predisposition of personal lack thereof.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Originally posted by StarLord@Aug 17 2004, 06:37 PM
Agreed my friend.

First cardinal rule of protest for them is to avoid, at all costs, placards that read: NO BUSH. I believe that a lesbian group protesting Bush carried signs like this and confusion arose due to the verbage and possibility of a predisposition of personal lack thereof.

You're still a Rum Bugger fella. :lol:

My tuppence-ha'penny.

The convoluted machinations of governments and politics occupy a major place in human affairs. If we are not satisfied with current political arrangements, we will gain absolutely nothing by offering suggestions how the institution of government should be, but is not. So we feel.

Don Quixote whimsically fought windmills in his quest for a better and fairer world. If we were to explore the many opportunities for improving governmental institutions, we would engage in quixotic behavior, counterproductive to our achievement of happiness in every sense of the word. The world will go its own way. We cannot change the broad aspects of the world to any substantive extent from within the current framework without changes our views about how it should work.

We therefore cannot merely concern ourselves with the question: How does the institution of government work and how can we interact optimally with this behemoth? We need to abstain from the futile attempt to change governmental institutions so that they might comply with our view of reality and seek more radical forms of intervention to create a system of Government that cares for all.

In order to change the way that we are governed, we need to understand the principles underlying governmental activities. This insight will allow us to cope with government in a rational and non-confrontational manner and see to the heart of the beast. This task is not easy because the halls of government are brimming with propaganda, misinformation and obfuscation. But, one principle exists as the very essence of Democracy; It is a Government of the people, for the people and by the people. The power to change our systems of Government lies in our hands, yet we don't use it, we allow the inertia of the system to continue.

During the past 3000 years, humanity has experimented extensively with political systems. It has found democracy preferable to feudalism, theocracies and dictatorship. Democracy may be more benign than many other forms of government. However, democracy suffers from some inherent faults that will require the further evolution of the concept of democracy.

One of the major flaws in the institution of democracy is the idea that all people are equal. People are not equal: Some people are dumb, some are smart, the majority of people are poor and only a small minority is prosperous.

Democracies pursue the "One man, one Vote" system, combined with a simple majority vote. This scheme automatically creates situations where the majority of people will utilize the voting process to elect representatives who possess a mandate consistent with their needs and views. This Election Tool is instantly dumped after the election is over and the new Government proceeds to further its own internal aganda and that of its interested supporters.

It is an innate human tendency to try to get something for nothing. Therefore, the larger and poorer segment of the population will always try to obtain valuable resources from the affluent sector of society, without having to pay for them. The poor masses use their voting power to get their elected representatives, their government, to confiscate the resources of the affluent sector off society. This levelling of the playing field is a major tactical tool used by each and every Government on Earth. They would sell you this argument, rather than any argument centered on real change, real improvements and any new methods of making your Government accountable to the people it allegedly serves.

This bonanza for the unproductive majority, made possible by governmental confiscation of wealth from prosperous persons or institutions, eventually embeds itself in the laws of a society as a right. These benefits become codified rights because the majority of the people, through their representative, voted laws into existence that create the rights.

Such confiscatory laws lack mutual consent and reciprocity. Confiscatory laws inevitably cause a breakdown of productivity and doom the society as a whole. It is counterproductive if politicians place a disproportionate tax burden on productive persons, merely because they have the money that the politicians can confiscate.

As a result, the current version of democracy has the propensity for wars, for the confiscation of wealth by the masses, for demagoguery by its politicians and for legislation by the poor majority of people.

This fatal flaw in democracies could be readily resolved by providing that a two-third majority of voters, instead of a simple majority, must approve all legislative decisions. Experiments with this model of democracy have proved highly successful in raising the prosperity of the total population.

Undoubtedly, democracy will evolve further in the millennia to come. However, we are not concerned with reforming or improving the government, any government as things stand. Until new forms of government evolve, it is apparently incumbent upon us, the seekers of happiness, to deal with our government in the most efficacious manner as that is the way it works. Unless, of course, we say otherwise.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

A bit haphazard, but my point is in there, somewhere. :huh:

Judge Bean

Originally posted by StarLord@Aug 17 2004, 06:37 PM
Agreed my friend.

Better watch out, or you'll see that angry female population after you sooner than later. Angry mother bears!

But you are right: and human and ursine mothers share this triumphant rage about their offspring. And it is also true that the fundamental threat to our way of life is a direct threat to the young and very old, the weaker ones among us unable to fend or speak for themselves. Another reason why American liberty is particularly meaningful to us lies in our frontier origins: our way of life is based on what we think we need to protect our families. We need to make a living, protect ourselves, and communicate without the interference of the government.

When they start up this program, or try to, in which they plan to screen the children of America for psychological problems, in order to groom tens of thousands of new pharmaceutical customers, watch the PTA turn into a frothing pitbull. You will "test" my child over my dead body. Expect an upsurge in home schooling. Invest now in home-use textbooks and school desks.

MADD (in my line, we call this Mothers Against Drunk Defendants)-- it's a good start, because the drinking does make mothers mad anyway. I suggest they start up a new one, MOFOS-- Mothers Of Freedom and Overall Security.

StarLord

Oh, Jeeez.....

Quick Cary hand me a tissue!! I laughed so hard tears are springing here! One just never knows when Paul slips those in...MOFOS...

Didn't we ask Paul nicely not to do that anymore??? The men in white coats have been called I am sure and know where I work.

Let's back up a bit and catch something here that is ultra important. Mothers must guard not only their children, themselves, their parents and their mates from what seems to be a new Insidious tactic that I see croping up that Paul just spoke of.

Chemicals to help us when we "just don't feel right" and Gosh!!! Land A Goshen!!
A Free 30 day supply to test..... OH MY GAWD!!!! & A Jesus Wept to boot.

Remember "Mother's little helper"? I can't remember the exact name of the meds but one of those a day kept you pretty much from interfering with anything and Boy, were you a happy camper, "Must be Working, Cauz My honey ain't mad all the time anymore"....

Lilly Phar. made a bundle selling those pills / mood modifiers.

We can not afford to play that game ever again!

I would much rather feel miserable and know it's me than some chemical that doctors think is lacking in my body chemistry.

CaryP

I would much rather feel miserable and know it's me than some chemical that doctors think is lacking in my body chemistry.

I'm with you Starlord. I prefer JD and a hand rolled Dominican myself. The mommas will be all over the drugging of their children. Although there will be some that go along with it, thinking the gubament is there to help. Or "maybe I can medicate my kid into oblivion so I won't have to put up with him," would be the other response. My wife is a fearce warrior on this. I showed her the article that talks about Bush's proposal and she about came apart at the seams.

BTW, here's your box of Kleenex. Paul is a merrymaker isn't he? The wit and wisdom of the man is impressive.

Cary

P.S. I don't remember that we nicely asked Paul to stop anything. He spins his pearls like a damned magician.