Debate Most Likely End of Days Scenario

Justinian

But, honestly.. I sure do. I've been to.. I think 5 continents now traveling and living and I've seen what humans are capable of. And I'm not talking conspiracy theory rhetoric. I mean first hand dastardly shit. So do I believe that we as humans are capable on a technological level of bringing the dead back to life or even just keeping us from dying or any other form of zombie types? No. But what I do believe is that without attrocities being committed, we wouldn't be where we are today technology wise. So it's like we're playing Russian roulette with the human race. It's only a matter of time before we create something we can't control and unleash it on the populace of the world at large which will cause everyone to lose their shit and start acting like it's a zombie apocalypse. So given the option between that, a real zombie apocalypse or a super volcano.. I choose real zombies.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
But, honestly.. I sure do. I've been to.. I think 5 continents now traveling and living and I've seen what humans are capable of. And I'm not talking conspiracy theory rhetoric. I mean first hand dastardly shit. So do I believe that we as humans are capable on a technological level of bringing the dead back to life or even just keeping us from dying or any other form of zombie types? No. But what I do believe is that without attrocities being committed, we wouldn't be where we are today technology wise. So it's like we're playing Russian roulette with the human race. It's only a matter of time before we create something we can't control and unleash it on the populace of the world at large which will cause everyone to lose their shit and start acting like it's a zombie apocalypse. So given the option between that, a real zombie apocalypse or a super volcano.. I choose real zombies.
I don't think it'd ever be like the flesh-eating zombies like Hollywood portrays... Thanks to the Walking Dead, zombies seem to pose a larger threat than they did a few years ago.. :rolleyes:Zombies play on our worst fears. But like someone mentioned, I think if something like that did happen, the survivors would pose more threat than the actual "threat"...

In the old zombie movies, the zombie virus was a military experiment gone wrong; it was supposed to reanimate the dead soldiers so they can keep fighting and killing. So who knows? Maybe a zombie apocalypse could happen, one day...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Obama declares martial law in an attempt to become dictator. We are nuked in an effort to stop him. This would not cause an end of the world, per se, but an end of our current way of life.

Poison Pen

You know the way I see it is people need to stop worrying about the future doom of the planet and live your life in the now. Anything that does happen is out of the little mans control we are at the mercy of those who possess a higher authority than we. Weather it be from a space rock, nuclear blast or an alien farts on Planet X and gases us all nothing we can do but live in the now. Granted something may take this old planet out one day but at my age I doubt I will be around to see it.

Justinian

But if we didn't worry about it, then half the posts on Paranormalis would never be.. SO, if we keep worrying about it, there will be more and more posts and plenty of discussion. Also there are certain things that if we do worry about we might be able to control. IE; aliens which we can make alien killing weapons, time traveller invasions which we can invent time traveling blocking devices.. I prevent most of these things by wearing a tin foil hat.

Poison Pen

But if we didn't worry about it, then half the posts on Paranormalis would never be.. SO, if we keep worrying about it, there will be more and more posts and plenty of discussion. Also there are certain things that if we do worry about we might be able to control. IE; aliens which we can make alien killing weapons, time traveller invasions which we can invent time traveling blocking devices.. I prevent most of these things by wearing a tin foil hat.

But if we didn't worry about it, then half the posts on Paranormalis would never be..

True but its the same for every forum out there that discusses this issue.

SO, if we keep worrying about it, there will be more and more posts and plenty of discussion.

True again. But the horse has been beat to death for hundreds of years and this end time stuff is nothing new to those with a death wish.

Also there are certain things that if we do worry about we might be able to control. IE; aliens which we can make alien killing weapons, time traveller invasions which we can invent time traveling blocking devices..

Well I don't believe in time travel. And as far as aliens go that remains to be seen.

Last edited:

teppen

If an event of this magnitude were to happen whether being a zombie's, nuclear or natural im really stoked that I live in New Zealand aye..by the sound of it America's & Europe are all screwed idk about Asia or Africa. Chances are life here wouldn't change all that much in the scale of things, we have the capability as a nation to be self sufficient plus we are so far removed from everyone... good luck getting anywhere near here doomsday.

As for the actual event...apart from the sun super nova destroying earth which will eventually happen I really have no idea nor do I think I will live to see it. If humanity is destroyed it will go out not with a bang but a whimper.

Poison Pen

Its said that in 7.6 billion years from now that the Sun will eventually engulf the earth. Scientists agree on the future of the Sun but they are in disagreement about what will happen to the earth. There really is no straightforward answer to this according to an article by Scientific American:

The Sun Will Eventually Engulf Earth--Maybe - Scientific American

And as far as (NEO's) Near Earth Objects that are on a collision course with the earth you should check NASA's Near Earth site.

Near-Earth Object Program

Zombies are I believe are no more than a Hollywood construct created to make money on the big screen and TV.....When you talk about Armageddon or Doomsday any thing that takes place is going to start in the Middle East and most likely expand from there. The valley of Megiddo which is where the battle of good and evil is supposedly to take place.

I think the Zombie idea comes from the idea of the Tribulation in the Bible when Jesus supposedly comes down to take people to heaven and the dead are suppose to rise from the grave. I would pay $10 to see this.

Things like this make for good Hollywood movies.

Last edited: