Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't use the chat

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey everyone, hope you're doing good.

I've been thinking about moving the chat back to Discord. Our current chat solution is pretty quiet and -- let's face it - it's pretty bland too. Especially compared to modern solutions such as Discord.

My reasoning is primarily focused around using what's best. Paranormalis runs on Xenforo, one of the best forum software on the market. Our chat runs on an addon that doesn't even allow instantaneous communication or notifications. There's always a slight delay that can't be avoided. It's a basic and kind of primitive setup.

It begs the question: Why not use the best chat app available right now instead?

There are many advantages:
  • Discord can now be embedded within the forum.
  • It's a feature-rich, world-class chat system.
  • You can also chat using the Discord app.
  • We can make it members-only if needed. (No sock-puppets)

Only one downside:
  • You need a Discord account to use it.

We'd make sure to keep things simple. After all, we don't intend to replace or replicate the forum with a Discord server... We just want a modern, versatile chatroom, that's all.

I'm curious to know how you feel about this, and if you'd welcome such a change. Let us know in the comments!

See ya!

BlastTyrant

I guess i am not really active enough to feel one way or the other, i do have Discord already although i rarely use it.

So if you made one i would sign up, just not sure how active i'd be.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
I've learned to love Discord. It'd help me get more awareness of what's going on here without having to make a dedicated visit, which I forget to do more often than I'd like. From an owner's perspective, it's a way to keep engagement going and have it more "in your pocket" than being stuck in a browser. I'd definitely pop in more often and chat with folks about whatever.

It's not for everyone for sure, some people just don't like that sort of thing and that's cool too. To each their own, and that's why there's still a great forum you can visit here like always.