My Book

diabeditor

My Book

Every November I participate in a writing contest called National Novel Writing Month. It is essentially a speed writing contest where the writers pump out a 50,000+ word novel in 30 days. This year I published my novel One Bang. I also wrote a book in April which was published in May. It's called Eye of the Noodle.

For those interested, I plan on writing a novel about time travel, more specifically about a guy intending on inventing a time machine and/or contactin a time traveler from the future.

If anybody is interested in supplying some information for my novel, please do so. I am looking for theories you are willing to share, anecdotes about your time travel travel experiments, your views and your skeptical friends' views on time travel, etc.

I guarantee that my book will be published.

sosuemetoo

My Book

diabeditor,

I hope that our members can be of help you.

Are you interested in the views of members who feel that they have had contact with time travelers..as well as what you have mentioned in your post?

"Mom"

StarLord

My Book

You know, this is right down Alan Dean Foster's alley...... :D

Count me in :D

diabeditor

My Book

I am interested in anything related to time travel. Whether I incorporate the information into the novel, who knows? If I can't find help on this forum, I don't think I'd find it anywhere.

I am especially interested in getting information from those who think they have contacted a time traveler.

Phoenix

My Book

Originally posted by diabeditor@Aug 31 2004, 09:34 AM
I am interested in anything related to time travel. Whether I incorporate the information into the novel, who knows? If I can't find help on this forum, I don't think I'd find it anywhere.

I am especially interested in getting information from those who think they have contacted a time traveler.
Of the time travelers that are credible enough for me to think they may have been real would be, Alexander, Maxwell, Bender, ToxicRevival, and BB Boris. Also HDRkid and RHB might be real in my opinion and I have interacted with them.

Opmmur definitely feels he has contacted real time travelers. I do not know the ones that he knows

diabeditor

My Book

A question that will inevitably arise in my novel is WHY would somebody want to travel back in time?

I think everybody has regrets of some kind or another. The main character will likely want to prevent the death of a loved one that occurred many years before. He thinks he is responsible because of a decision that he made, and he wants to go back in time and "reinvent" the past.

Does anybody else have ideas about why they would want to travel back in time ... witness/prevent historic moments, for example.

Phoenix

My Book

A question that will inevitably arise in my novel is WHY would somebody want to travel back in time?
http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...T&f=14&t=9&st=0
2c) Why you time traveled if intentional
Chris
Posted: Mar 15 2004, 09:39 PM
2c) Not intentional
ToxicRevival
Posted: Mar 18 2004, 09:54 AM
2c) Why you time traveled if intentional: First it was becuase of a interest in timetravel, then it was curiousity of the future, and now I can't seem to stop it.
bb boris
Posted: Mar 29 2004, 04:34 AM
I had instructions to follow after arrival, and was expected to return upon completion.
(Boris was sent back to alter the ways of a ancestry of a megalomaniac of his time period. Accord to an artificial intelligence sentient being who sent him back it was suppose to cause a ripple effect.)

peragro
I will save this for later, as I am sure I will be asked many times.
Peragro claimed he had no activities to cary out other than to see that time travel was possible. Later he gave warnings of a meteor.

John Doe
Jun 17 2004, 09:08 PM
with my parents
(this guy sucked. I wanted to declare him a fake and proved hoax but he got the vote not to do that.)

timeslider
Aug 7 2004, 12:35 PM
2c) To organize The Future North American Resistance early to fight Against the Established World Union and to prepaire for Civil War in the US because of protested membership in the WU, States in the US declared Independence in protests
Padraic
Aug 16 2004, 12:49 PM
I would not have intended to do it.
Padraic admited to being a hoax.

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...hp?showtopic=14
triad
Jun 16 2004, 06:21 PM
3)What it is you want to do in your time travels
Depends on the direction. I would like to explore the past and test the various theories around known paradoxes. My personal theory is that paradoxes are not possible but it would be interesting to prove things one way or another. Travelling to the future would be a terrific learning experience.
erikstalhammar
Jul 2 2004, 07:41 AM
3)What it is you want to do in your time travels

Fix the future (not this timeline) explorer, learn the truth etc

I have also known people who wanted to know who there girlfriend was going to be and people who considered it life and death that a curse be lifted from them.