My friend; The Vampire

Lucidus

Re: My friend; The Vampire

Please tell us more about what it is like to be a vampire. I am sure that it must cause you some difficulties. Is there an upside to being a vampire?

Mudpuppy

Are there others like you that you associate with here? Can you tell us about Prague? How old are you? Will you live forever? Doesn't it get boring? What do vampires do for fun? Do you prefer late night to daylight? What do you do for a living? Do you have extrasensory perception? Have you ever thought about writing your own book? Fiction or non-fiction? What would happen if you ran out of donors? Are you sure you're not afraid of getting AIDS? How exactly do you extract the blood to drink it?

FYI: Adrian is also the name given to Satan's son, in the movie "Rosemary's Baby".....for fans of classic horror movies.:) Does your name have any correlation or significant meaning?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Do you sleep in a coffin, or a normal bed? I thought that by definition, a vampire is:

Main Entry: vam?pire
Pronunciation: 'vam-"pIr
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from German Vampir, from Serbo-Croatian vampir
1 : the reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of persons asleep
2 a : one who lives by preying on others b : a woman who exploits and ruins her lover

From the sounds of things, you don't really fill any of those definitions. Wouldn't you just be some dude who drinks blood and can jump real high? You sound kinda like a demented basketball player ;)

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
I thought that by definition, a vampire is:

b : a woman who exploits and ruins her lover[/b]

Wouldn't that be the definition of Lorena Bobbitt?

From the sounds of things, you don't really fill any of those definitions. Wouldn't you just be some dude who drinks blood and can jump real high? You sound kinda like a demented basketball player ;);)[/b]

Heggy.....come on now....don't ruin it for the rest of us........you've got to get into the blood sucking spirit of things :p

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

LOL I know I know. The image of a deranged basketball player just popped into my mind while I was typing that and I couldn't resist ;)

Adrian: Could you post a picture of your fangs? Or maybe a picture of you leaping over a tall fence or something? I'm sure that'd get a big reaction here :)

AdrianDevulge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Mudpuppy\")</div>
Are there others like you that you associatewithhere?Can you tell us about Prague? How old are you? Will youliveforever?Doesn't it get boring? What do vampires do for fun? Doyouprefer latenight to daylight? What do you do for a living? Doyouhaveextrasensory perception? Have you ever thought about writingyourownbook? Fiction or non-fiction? What would happen if you ranoutofdonors? Are you sure you're not afraid of getting AIDS? Howexactlydoyou extract the blood to drink it?

FYI: Adrian is also the name given to Satan's son, in the movie \"Rosemary's Baby\".....for fans of classic horror movies.:) Does your name have any correlation or significant meaning?[/b]
1. I am not from Prague, I was making a joke about the gothic subculture.
2. Sure there are others. Why would there not be?
3.NoOne knows if we live forever. It is true our life spans are a bit longer than human beings. But I know this. No Vampire I know has died a "Natural" death. They have died either of accident or their ownhands.
4. I am eighty nine years old, if I remember correctly. I never bothered to keep count.
5.Lifeis never boring, there are so many wonderous things in life to explore.God did a wonderful job. The world and its people areitsgreatestendeavor.
6.I have many interests and things I do for entertainment. I read though mostly the classic Science Fiction such as Edgar Rice Burroughs.I enjoy Socializing and I have a interestin the simplicity of making music with a computer.
7. I do prefer thenight. I have sensitive eyes and Ibreak into a rashand get a migrain when in the sun for extended periodsof time.
8.I work as a transporter in a hospital.I push people or corpses from place to place.
9.I do have a form of E.S.P. To explain in a simplistic manner its much like the representation of the Spider Sense in the recent movies. When I am confronted with danger time seems to slow down allowing me tomovemuchfaster than that person. Though in reality it is only my mind that is moving faster. But if the mind moves faster it can tell the body to move faster. Therefor if a car is about to strike, time slows down enough forme to locate the car and tell my body to leap to the side or over said car.
10.There are plenty of Vampire novels in the world, the last thing people need is another one.
11.IfIran out of Donors I assume I would have to use my charm and find new ones first amongst the Goth culture since they are more open minded about such things.
12.In my entire life I have never got a cold, had a broken bone or a fever. I have a doubt I cannot get sick. But who would take such a risk.Unless I am sure of the cleanliness of a person I refrain from partaking of them. In desperate situations animals do work.
13.My fangs are useless. They are a remnant of Evolution. They have not the precise point needed for piercing skin. I would have to chew abit if I used them. But they do come in handy for scaring people.Sometimes I use razors or my nails. Other times we use these really interesting syringes that have the tubs on them. The tube has a vacuume in it that when released basically sucks up the blood. This is the easiest manner.

Do you sleep in a coffin, or a normal bed? I thought that by definition, a vampire is:

Main Entry: vam?pire
Pronunciation: 'vam-\"pIr
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from German Vampir, from Serbo-Croatian vampir
1 : the reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of persons asleep
2 a : one who lives by preying on others b : a woman who exploits and ruins her lover

Fromthesounds of things, you don't really fill any of those definitions.Wouldn't you just be some dude who drinks blood and can jump real high?You sound kinda like a demented basketball player ;)[/b]

I sleepi n a bed. Well, have any of you ever heard of a Dhampire. The half human half Vampire. We are not a dead race, we are born alive and pink.We grow up until a adult age and then grow extremely slowly. We are born to humans most of the time though two Vampires may have live birth.
I have never used my gifts to play sports to do so would be unhonorable.

LOLIknow I know. The image of a deranged basketballplayer just poppedintomy mind while I was typing that and I couldn'tresist ;)

Adrian:Couldyou post a picture of your fangs? Or maybe a picture ofyouleaping overa tall fence or something? I'm sure that'd get abigreaction here :)[/b]

Yes I could! That is a wonderful idea. Toxic has stated he has a camera-phone and a digital camera. Two things are required, first the option to send the pictures to e-mail setup and the second is his Docking bay for the card from the camera. He will work on this A.S.A.P.

Keroscene

I have a friend who when he was younger had braces. His dentist told him he had too many teeth for his small, upper section of jaw so he had to have a few removed. The teeth removed were the upper right and left lateral. Then with the use of braces the remaining teeth in the jaw were were pulled to the front, close to the central pair. This makes both upper cuspids (canines) appear to be in the front of the mouth. He didn't have any teeth from the lower section of his jaw removed, so when his mouth is closed they appear to line up perfectly. He isn't a vampire and don't know how he'd feel about his mouth all over the net but I'll see if I can get a pic for the vamp vault.

http://www.bracesinfo.com/dentalcosts/teeth.htm <---names of teeth

I do like the 89 years old part. You must have undisputable evidence to support this I would hope. I could have also sworn the original person posting said that the vampire in question "refuses to buy a computer". Might seem like a wise investment in at least a portable hard-drive or somf considering one has so much time on their hands. I was wondering what music it was one is planning to make using a computer they refuse to buy. I know you said your 89 years old but do you know you sound like your 9? Consistency.

Prob the most interesting sentence is this..
"Toxic stated that you people were somewhat open minded, almost to a fualt. You all have heard and seemingly accepted his timetravel tales of past and his exploits of willpower. Now is your chance to hear my tale."

Sounds like someone is selling ice to eskimos.

Now Playing:
48 kbps
Cypress Hill - Hits From The Bong LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"AdrianDevulge\")</div>
1. I am not from Prague, I was making a joke about the gothic subculture.
2. Sure there are others. Why would there not be?
3.NoOne knows if we live forever. It is true our life spans are a bit longer than human beings. But I know this. No Vampire I know has died a \"Natural\" death. They have died either of accident or their ownhands.
4. I am eighty nine years old, if I remember correctly. I never bothered to keep count.
5.Lifeis never boring, there are so many wonderous things in life to explore.God did a wonderful job. The world and its people areitsgreatestendeavor.
6.I have many interests and things I do for entertainment. I read though mostly the classic Science Fiction such as Edgar Rice Burroughs.I enjoy Socializing and I have a interestin the simplicity of making music with a computer.
7. I do prefer thenight. I have sensitive eyes and Ibreak into a rashand get a migrain when in the sun for extended periodsof time.
8.I work as a transporter in a hospital.I push people or corpses from place to place.
9.I do have a form of E.S.P. To explain in a simplistic manner its much like the representation of the Spider Sense in the recent movies. When I am confronted with danger time seems to slow down allowing me tomovemuchfaster than that person. Though in reality it is only my mind that is moving faster. But if the mind moves faster it can tell the body to move faster. Therefor if a car is about to strike, time slows down enough forme to locate the car and tell my body to leap to the side or over said car.
10.There are plenty of Vampire novels in the world, the last thing people need is another one.
11.IfIran out of Donors I assume I would have to use my charm and find new ones first amongst the Goth culture since they are more open minded about such things.
12.In my entire life I have never got a cold, had a broken bone or a fever. I have a doubt I cannot get sick. But who would take such a risk.Unless I am sure of the cleanliness of a person I refrain from partaking of them. In desperate situations animals do work.
13.My fangs are useless. They are a remnant of Evolution. They have not the precise point needed for piercing skin. I would have to chew abit if I used them. But they do come in handy for scaring people.Sometimes I use razors or my nails. Other times we use these really interesting syringes that have the tubs on them. The tube has a vacuume in it that when released basically sucks up the blood. This is the easiest manner.

I sleepi n a bed. Well, have any of you ever heard of a Dhampire. The half human half Vampire. We are not a dead race, we are born alive and pink.We grow up until a adult age and then grow extremely slowly. We are born to humans most of the time though two Vampires may have live birth.
I have never used my gifts to play sports to do so would be unhonorable.

Yes I could! That is a wonderful idea. Toxic has stated he has a camera-phone and a digital camera. Two things are required, first the option to send the pictures to e-mail setup and the second is his Docking bay for the card from the camera. He will work on this A.S.A.P.[/b]

Thank you Adrian for answering my questions. I didn't know you were only 89....that's why I thought you might get bored. That is still young in the life of a vampire, is it not? If the same question is posed to you when you are 890, I wonder if the world will still seem so anew and fresh to you. Hopefully, yes.

Why wouldn't there be more of you? Because I didn't know how you were created. How did you come to find the others? Can you sense each other? Do you know how old the oldest one is?

I'm sure people thought Bram Stoker couldn't be out written and then came Chelsa Quinn Yarbro, who couldn't be outdone.....but wait....then Anne Rice.....who couldn't be outdone.....and know Linda K. Hamilton......same story. We all have something unique to add to this world....I suggest you have more of a novel in you than you suspect.....maybe in time.

I do not think you sound like you are eight years old......but then, maybe I am eight years old and that is why. Who counts any more these days? Can you tell us more about experiences that you've had.

Thanks in advance,

Mudpuppy

AdrianDevulge

Ah, luckily for me others oppinions effect me little. But Keroscene let me address your interesting comments.

First off, yes I know the names of the two pointy things in my mouth, thank you for the astounding research. Undisputable evidence? What would you like my birth certificate? My drivers license, you should realize as one who ages little I would not likely retain my original name, birth certificate or any of the Social Security numbers I have had. To do so would be foolish.

I said I had a interest, It not enough of a interest to waste money in the purchase of something I rarely use. Toxic here has shown me how to use his synth with his computer and a few programs. I enjoy doing it when I am visiting. Is there nothing you do that you enjoy that you are unable to do ALL the time?

And eskimo's cannot eat snow all the time.

To Mudpuppy, you seem to be my most avid supporters. To coin a word of Toxic's...Niftyness Personafied. It is true I may be relatively young, but the human race is in a constant state of evolution. Be in technolagy, the arts or in spirit they always are a suprising and resourceful species.

Well no, some of us can supposadly sense each other and do much more. I am incapable of such a feat. I learned of others very easily, they approached me. There are alot of interpolitics involved in vampirism. Started to get heavy during world warII when alot of them joined Hitlers forces. Surely some of you have heard the rumors?

Vampires tend to find allies who add to their specific needs, if one vampire excels in strength when they excel in thought they are apt to try to make friends.

I have alot of memories, it is told a vampire is incapable of love. This is a large fallacy. I have all the emotions a human has. I have loved and still love. When you are with someone you love and you share a human lifetime with them. You remember that lifetime and celebrate it rather than mourn. When they pass you are thankful for the oppurtunities they have given you.

My most treasured memory is of Virginia nearly fifty years ago. There is a picture I have seen recently that captures the essence of that time very well. It is called "Luray Crossing, Virginia 1955". It was a difficult time for humans, struggles with economy. I remember Sudan was going through its first civil war.I was there for the state of the union in 1955. Dwight spoke of freedom, of bringing the freedom to others, Spoke of concerning the americans with the problems of the world. I remember him saying these things and everyone nodding in agreement even myself. Although I thought he was a little to religious for a president. I believe he said that the world today was of peace, a "insecure" peace. I think he was dead on.

I remember traveling by train from VA to Chicago for the hell of it. Ah, my mind is a jumbled mess trying to think back. I will lay done some of my most memorable tales at a later time when I can think.

Ah, and is it just me or is the spell check broken. It takes all my spaces out of my sentences.