My theory is....

SirWoody

If going back in time, i bet u could do what ever u want without biger consequence... Because what ever you do in the past.... U still exist, and as long u exist, then what ever u have done have been done for you to exist. Therefore the past is interuptable.

In example, if someone is going to the past to get skinny because ure fat wont have an effect because if u suddently then get skinny because u went back to change it, then u in fact suddently never went back to change that, so in my theory that fat someone would still be fat at the point he went back to the present, because what ever u did in the past in fact cant never change the future. So if u get to the past to change the future, then what ever u did made u who u are really.

Someone agree or am i understandable??

Martian

There goes my weight loss plan. :( Just kidding.

You might be right. Of course, someone who isn't a time traveler would likely only see the end result of all the changes made by time travelers. Some people have reported timeline changes, though, so it might not be that simple.

SirWoody

It is hard for me to believe that someone can change the present by going to the past, since the past have all ready happene. What ever "changes" someone does in the past the present is will always be what it is. Take Harry potter f.eks. he was dying by the ghostly thing. But he saved him self because in a paradoxial way. He would never have survived if not for his future him. That is not possible.
Thats why i dont believe in traveling backwards... But i believe that someone can go forward. But probably get stuck.
Actually the only timetravel effect i might bellieve in IF going backwards, would be like the movie butterfly effect. But then i am thinking of the effect on u as a time traveler. The effect would be a paradox in it self since if u are using a machine to travel and change something, then suddently the change might make the travel not happend....

There goes my weight loss plan. :( Just kidding.

You might be right. Of course, someone who isn't a time traveler would likely only see the end result of all the changes made by time travelers. Some people have reported timeline changes, though, so it might not be that simple.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@SirWoody - I tend to disagree. I think that things are not always the way they seem to be. I think the past, present, and future all affect each other. If you can't change the past, you also can't change the present or future. My theory is, if every moment in time relevant to an individual was fixed, we'd all be programmed like robots and none of us would have any free will. There are a lot of accounts of time travel, and also of the idea that God gave his creations free will.