NASA Received An SOS Call From Another Galaxy?

Thread starter #1
I ran into this very interesting video which speaks about NASA receiving a distress signal from another civilization from Andromeda. Any one know about this or thoughts?

Khaos

where the wild things are
The moment I saw the Weekly World News article "Nasa picks up a signal from a doomed planet" I clicked the exit button on my tab. Its a hoax. Weekly World News was a satire/hoax magazine dedicated to science fiction and other nonsense. I even have a few old copies of the magazine and right at the bottom on the back page is a disclaimer: This magazine is entirely fictional and satirical, meant to promote entertainment and humor

Just like The Onion site.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Premium
What about the ‘Wow’ signal?- definitely not a hoax. The only questions remaining, who sent it and why?

TimeFlipper

Premium
What about the ‘Wow’ signal?- definitely not a hoax. The only questions remaining, who sent it and why?
Actually Snake, i was to blame for the "wow" signal :eek:..

I was experimenting with an old radar transmitter which was transmitting on 1.42Ghz and had converted the modulation into a simple "modulated continuous wave", which is another term for morse code containing an audio frequency for ease of reception..:cool:

I was simply sending out a string of arbitrary numbers interspersed with a few letters, for just over a minute...the radio signal hit an area of space which contains a large cloud of hydrogen (that also emits radio waves at 1.42Ghz")..(y)

My signal simply resonated with the hydrogen cloud and consequently sent out a powerful radio signal that a guy picked up on a radio telescope on earth...he decoded the numbers and letters and wrote WOW at the side of them (thinking they were aliens trying to contact us) :D..

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Premium
Even if we did receive a message, it would be too late. Thousands of years ago...

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Premium
Lets Hope it wasn’t them saying ‘We’re coming to take over your World!’ cus if that was the case they might be here any day! ;)

Dreamwarrior

I heard about that as well and left a post saying , if this planet has a war then earth is the ideal planet to visit,however if nasa had of received a message form another planet I hardly believe they'd tell the public about it