NASA Warns That An Object In Space Is Sending Earth Radio Signals

MODAT7

A small part of the signal has been decoded: "All your base are belong to us."

It seems Professor Hawking's warning was right.

On a more serious note, I wonder if the extreme narrow band of the signal could be generated by a ship close to light speed.

Wind7

Staff
A small part of the signal has been decoded: "All your base are belong to us."

It seems Professor Hawking's warning was right.
o_Oo_O I admit it...you HAD me for a moment there. ;)
On a more serious note, I wonder if the extreme narrow band of the signal could be generated by a ship close to light speed.

I know very little about radio waves and the like..But,
wouldn't a 'Narrow Band' travel further with less chance of becoming distorted....? :unsure:

I believe there is extraterrestrial life "out There" because
both members of my immediate family witnessed seeing actual 'UFOs'
Backed up the very next day by local news casts.

My mum was an abductee...By her own word,
she gave me a story I will never forget.

MODAT7

I know very little about radio waves and the like..But,
wouldn't a 'Narrow Band' travel further with less chance of becoming distorted....? :unsure:
Probably, but I'm not much of a radio guy. A ideally pure frequency is less likely to get smeared out over long distances. Close to light speed, odd things tend to happen with time. It may have been a much faster frequency that got slowed down by time dilation... But it may have been compressed to a higher frequency out in space by the ship traveling near light speed (doppler effect)... So who knows what the original frequency could have been under those circumstances. In the middle of all this, the frequency could have been somehow "narrowed" a little bit. We can't travel near light speed to reproduce an experiment like this.