need some background info

MadIce

Re: need some background info

Harte... I was responding to the original poster's questions. About alternatives: In that list of references you'll find a dozen articles about entanglement. Very odd stuff.

Relativistic Nonlocality, Multisimultaneity, Quantum Mechanical Retrocausation and Entanglement in Time

Quantum Entanglement in Time

Entanglement and inequality of forward and reversed processes as a physical base of nonlinear phenomena in optics

Some argue that if entanglement can be used in 3 dimensional space then why not extend that idea to spacetime in general. ATM we cannot imagine entanglement being used for teleportation real soon now, but if that would be possible (changes are slim IMHO) such an extension would allow time travel without gravitational fields.

Omega

Time travel is powered by electricity or a spring(clocks that is). If they are electrical;I find that if they run on 50Hz they run faster time goes by quickly if they run on 60 Hz they run normal, time is normal. Hee Hee

gomp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
MadIce,

However, when it comes to using gravity to warp space, I only want to comment that at one time, a glass rod and a cat's pelt were the only way we knew of to generate electricity. Hence, it's possible that in the future, a more easily attained method for warping space could be discovered.

Harte[/b]

Ah yes the good old days of glass rods and cat fur, dont forget at that point in time scientist claimed that man would never be able to reach outerspace,
and befor that the earth was flat, and befor that the most deadly wepon known to man was a pointy stick.
my point being time travel may of maynot be possible in the here and now. but some day it will be, and when that day comes it will be over taxed and government regulated, So do you best to build a time machine. because if some one else does none of us will ever be able to aford a ticket or pass the inteance bockround checks that I am sure will be involved.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"MadIce\")</div>
Harte... I was responding to the original poster's questions. About alternatives: In that list of references you'll find a dozen articles about entanglement. Very odd stuff.

Some argue that if entanglement can be used in 3 dimensional space then why not extend that idea to spacetime in general. ATM we cannot imagine entanglement being used for teleportation real soon now, but if that would be possible (changes are slim IMHO) such an extension would allow time travel without gravitational fields.[/b]

Madice,
I said what I said because sometimes it needs to be said. There is probably no way that we will ever be able to rely on the gravity of a supermassive object for any technological innovation. It might be possible to generate gravity in a different way, without the mass. Current string theory is musing on the idea that gravity is so weak because a lot of this force "leaks" out of the 4-D "membrane" of our universe into the multiverse beyond. Could lead to a revolution in gravitational technology.

As far as quantum entanglement, the last time I checked into this, physicists were saying that, although what happens appears to be "teleportation", it is really not, it is only making a local determination about a quantum state of a particle which results in the distant "entangled" particle assuming the requisite quantum state called for by it's previous interaction when it was local. This means that no useful information can be transported in this way, and I submit to you that I am information, although possibly not often considered useful.

Anyway, we have a quantum guy on this forum, Well Ravelled. Maybe we should PM him on this subject. Haven't seen his posts in a week or two.

Harte

MadIce

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"\"Harte\"\")</div>
As far as quantum entanglement, the last time I checked into this, physicists were saying that, although what happens appears to be \"teleportation\", it is really not, [...][/b]
Yes. I know. That's why I said "changes are slim IMHO". It seems that in popular articles people like Anton Zeilinger (who has the nickname Mr. Beam) and David Darling try make us believe otherwise. BTW... Neither of those two made a claim that teleportation may be used for TT.