new theory...

thenumbersix

Re: new theory...

SoU, I believe the speed that magnetism propogates is the speed of an electromagnetic wave, which is the speed of light. How would repelling forces change the speed of something like this ?

Maybe there is something 'purer'. If you don't find this energy force is it going to dent your belief in God, somehow I don't think so... In which case is this not a bit of false reason to base your perception of the Universe by that means ? Wouldn't a more scientific approach be a more efficient use of the time given you on this Earth ?

Deep space is already possible, we are too busy squabbling over resource to care though.. We have a probe on the edge of deep space at this very moment...

systemoftheuniverse

deep space is possiable, but when a manned trip to mars would take six months, deep space travel isn't realistic. Especially when we'd have to travel to the next solar system to find planets with different resources.

Dmitri

We do not need to go anywhere. It is just bacterial and viral interstellar clouds that do for all life matter to start itself. To direct evolution is a different issue. Look up Hoyle's "Evolution from Space". It is just that stupid Darwinian perception keeps people from the right disposition.

systemoftheuniverse

okey, so over population isn't a problem. We will be able to create new resources by recombining atoms and molicules. And finding a cleaner energy source is just a choice, and not nessesary untill it's too late.

the problem here is you think I'm as stupid as you are. Okey... just for fun I'll say it again. Magnets have the potential power of propelling somthing to the speed of light. But since we are doubling this potentual power by two magnets repelling eachother, we have the potentual speed of twice the speed of light. It's just that the force of a magnet is weeker then it's speed. You have to keep pushing with a small force untill you achieve it's speed. How can you do this unless you have a really long track, or a closed circuit track such as a loop in zero resistance of zero gravity.

if nasa refuses to recognise this, and you refuse to recognise this. Then obviously it's a choice to be ignorant of this. I may not have went to collage, or read books on these subjects. I just know the answer is simple, and is only hard to see because we view things from the wrong perspective.

Dealing with people like you all makes me realize how worthless people really are, and that they aren't worth helping.

Just ignore these posts and let them die. Just like I hope you die.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"systemoftheuniverse\")</div>
...Magnets have the potential power of propelling somthing to the speed of light. But since we are doubling this potentual power by two magnets repelling eachother, we have the potentual speed of twice the speed of light. It's just that the force of a magnet is weeker then it's speed. You have to keep pushing with a small force untill you achieve it's speed. How can you do this unless you have a really long track, or a closed circuit track such as a loop in zero resistance of zero gravity.
[/b]
SOU,
Magnets have no such potential. Just because an electromagnetic wave (or a photon - same thing) travels at the speed of light does not mean that a magnet can accellerate anything to that speed. Two magnets repelling each other? The magnetic force on any object is proportional to the inverse of the square of the distance between that object and the magnet. For example if, at 2 feet from a piece of iron, the force of a magnet is 10 on that piece of iron, then at 4 feet the strength is 2.5, and and 6 feet the strength is 0.625. The force quickly reduces to as close to zero as you want to make it. If you wish to have the force be continuous, say for example on another magnet at the rear of a spaceship (it seems like that may be what you are babbling about) then you have to move the magnet along with the ship. How then will you accelerate this magnet? Use another magnet? Why not just build a bridge to Alpha Centauri out of toy magnets?

if nasa refuses to recognise this, and you refuse to recognise this. Then obviously it's a choice to be ignorant of this. I may not have went to collage, or read books on these subjects. I just know the answer is simple, and is only hard to see because we view things from the wrong perspective.[/b]

Perhaps now you will see (if you will allow yourself to) that you might want to "read books on these subjects" before you start pointing out the stupidity of others (that have already read many, many "books on these subjects" and have been graded on our knowledge of them.)

Dealing with people like you all makes me realize how worthless people really are, and that they aren't worth helping.
Just ignore these posts and let them die. Just like I hope you die. [/b]

In particular, your personal demise would not detract from the level of discussion in this forum, and quite possibly could improve it.

Harte

Dmitri

Just ignore these posts and let them die. Just like I hope you die.[/b]
Nobody should wish anybody dies. Posts can die all right.
~D

StarLord

Jeez SOU, that's a tad harsh don't you think? Wishing death on someone that doesn't agree with you?? Methinks you need a chill pill.

I personally think that you might be onto something but the semantics might be holding us all back. Rather than 'space' which we know might actually be Dark Matter, only we are patiently awaiting 'testing apparatus' that works to confirm this for our empirically minded brethren, just as we can manipulate magenitic forces to astounding degrees, What If, it was possible to manipulate gravitational forces not only between actual celestial bodies, planets, moons, Stars, BUT that also of Dark Matter which there is considerable more amount wise than there is of physical matter here in the universe??

Personally, I have always felt that ET used this kind of manipulation to either bend or warp space like a moebus strip or to just simply exceed what we always thought of as the ultimate speed of C. I am just waiting for Harte to get up to speed on this wondrous intellectual leap and await his 'laymans' decyphering of this.

Remember, you can lead a Roommate to water but you can't make them pay half the rent...

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Jeez SOU, that's a tad harsh don't you think? Wishing death on someone that doesn't agree with you?? Methinks you need a chill pill.[/b]

"Needs to work on his people skills" eh, Starlord?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
...either bend or warp space like a moebus strip or to just simply exceed what we always thought of as the ultimate speed of C. I am just waiting for Harte to get up to speed on this wondrous intellectual leap and await his 'laymans' decyphering of this.
[/b]

Dude,
exceeding C removes you from the universe, since it is a "universal constant." That might be an OK thing, but if you slowed back down (if it was possible to slow back down), there ain't no guarantee what the hell you'd see out the window. Might be 10,000 monkeys typing Hamlet for all anybody knows. Almost certainly you would not re-enter our universe.

The folding trick is definitely the way to go. One of these days we'll get a good enough gravitational theory to allow us to see exactly how this can be done. Right now it requires a terrible amount of energy, like all the energy the Sun has ever or will ever produce, even including gravitational potential energy along with the usual electromagnetic and fusion types.

Your explanation of this is as good a "layman's decyphering" as any I can come up with. The structure and nature of reality is, after all, a fairly complicated subject.

Harte

StarLord

Hmmm, Ok. A Linear Excelerator, as in a Rail Gun or the Mag Lev, doesn't that use a combination of superfast push-pull along the way? Here is the other half of my neophyte simple insight. Physists are so 'sure' that dark matter exists, yet have nothing (equipment) to verify this YET It's mho that if the dark matter was used to both pull upon and push against, because there is so much of it the potential far exceedes what energy a single star could possibly produce. I also humbly put forth that because the energy is accesed by something that is not there but really there, the realm of what we know as speed won't behave like our old models of C and it's barriers...