Nightmare

Wocker

Hello

Almost every night I have a kind of nightmare, it turns out that I'm having a dream (very real, I really do not think it's a dream) when suddenly I start to feel dizzy and then everything goes dark, everything stays in complete darkness, then I begin to feel a horrible sensation, like a force that does not let me move, sometimes I hear strange noises, after that I wake up scared and I can not go back to sleep

Some people tell me that it is a witch, others that it is a ghost, and others say that it is simply a reaction that your body has when the mind goes on sleeping and for this reason the brain does not send the action to the body to of get up and this reason the body remains immobile for a while

Personally, I believe more in the last, but why the nightmares? Why that horrible sensation? Sometimes I feel I can not breathe

If someone knows of a similar case or knows the subject, I would appreciate it very much

Thank you

eksoh

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me, as I've experienced it a handful of times also. I don't mean to say it's not paranormal, if there is a realm we cant see then i'd say having an event of sleep paralysis is the closest we have gotten. Just a thought!

Wind7

Staff
Have you recently had to make any great changes or had an extreme, uncontrollable change occur in your life?

Dreams are sometimes the subconscious mind trying to convey what normally goes unnoticed in every day life, as well as suppressed memory which is sometimes caused by these changes.

They can be quite nightmarish in detail and can also be reoccurring until the cause is addressed.

Imo.

Wind7

Staff
Sounds like sleep paralysis to me, as I've experienced it a handful of times also. I don't mean to say it's not paranormal, if there is a realm we cant see then i'd say having an event of sleep paralysis is the closest we have gotten. Just a thought!

Agreed.

Sleep paralysis was my 1st thought..too.

You just never know.

Negan

THE member
I agree with eksoh. Sounds like your typical sleep paralysis. I'm fairly certain this is an issue with how our brains work, like a short circuit that sends us off into a bad place mentally. I don't really think there's anything paranormal to it, and your best bet would be to talk to your doctor about it.

With that being said, I do believe that it could possibly attract the paranormal. I've read and experienced that more often than not, a person who is having issues of one form or another which results in negative thoughts (depression, anger etc.) often draw things in. I've heard it explained like it's a beacon letting *things* know you're going through a hard time, and those things that feed off of it are of course attracted to you.

For example, while I think sleep paralysis is completely mundane medically, I can't help but to ponder why so many people who suffer from it see a shadowy figure at the ends of their beds. Many dub this man as the "hat man" and nearly everyone describes it identically. Could it be just how our brains work? That we instinctively project an image of a shadow man wearing a hat? Of course. Our minds are an enigma. Yet, is that guaranteed? No.

I've never experienced this myself. My ex has, though. I've only woken up from a dream feeling extremely uncomfortable (scared) for no real reason.