Fiction Num7's John Titor 2K Fanfic

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Figured I'd start a thread with this, instead of posting it as a status. It'll be easier that way to develop it further if it turns out to be fun. ;)

I have a couple of vague ideas in mind, feel free to share your thoughts and ideas, as to where this is gonna go!

Here we go.

John Titor 2K
Fanfiction​

000.png

A John Titor Story by Num7

Chapter 1

Sandwich Artist​

1698772649433.png

It all started at that time when John Titor had to work at our local Subway restaurant. He was a sandwich artist, all of his creations were imbued with his infinite love for humanity. Helping mankind forge a better future, one footlong at a time.

Why work there, do you ask? Well, that '67 Corvette won't fill itself, you know. It contains the C204, but it also has a V8 engine under the hood, that runs on good old regular gasoline.

Oh, I almost forgot. I didn't come up with the idea of John Titor: Sandwich Artist at Subway. It's @Cosmo's idea, which he kindly allowed me to burrow. ;) It's just a starting point though, so don't worry, we won't talk about lettuce and tomatoes for a long time!

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Chapter 2

Time Traveler's Break​

2- Time Traveler's Break.png

As they say: "All in a day's work..." Even a time traveler deserves a quick 15-minute break. A quick cigarette in front of the restaurant will have to do it. So many sandwiches, so little time.

John often asks himself what he's going to do next... Should he find a better job and perhaps, stay in 2000? Or will he leave in a couple of days as expected? He keeps thinking about his loved ones, back in 2036... What about them? Time will tell...

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Chapter 3

The Stranger​

003. The Stranger.png

Then this old guy got in. Describing him as weird would be an understatement. He looked like a retired Man in Black. Long trench coat, shirt, suit and tie, hat, dark eyes...

John greeted him, uncomfortably.

"Hi, welcome to Subway's, what will it be today?"

"You know what I want..."

"Which is?"

"You know, John, I know you know."

"Good catch, I'm wearing a name tag!"

"I know your secrets and I know you're coming from far away," said the stranger, moving a little closer.

John moved a little closer as well, holding his gaze, unsure what to say, or what to do. It's probably best to simply ignore these comments and play dumb.

"Sir, I have no idea who you are."

"In time, you will, John... You will."

John still didn't know what to say... he was simply looking at the stranger. Then the stranger looked at the restaurant's menu, and then all around.

"I think I've changed my mind... I'm not hungry anymore. I'll see you later, John, may time be kind to you."

"Thank you, sir, have a good day..."

The stranger turned around and left.

John was slightly shocked. What the hell just happened? Who is this guy?

He can't be some sort of time traveler, or time spy, right? John still remembers his training, they made it clear to him that time travelers didn't come and go very often. Even though time travelers could theoretically come from any time in the near or distant future, there weren't many active time travelers in the 20th and early 21st centuries. His superior assured him that the odds of meeting one here were close to zero. Let alone meet a weird one like this guy...

He kept thinking about this encounter for the rest of the night.

I hope he's just a weirdo... thought John. Whatever...

Last edited:

Tron1

Meanwhile John is still at a sub store as Subway goes out of business he joins Jersey Mike's as a manager. Then starts to recruit people for a mission after hours.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Chapter 4

Restless​

004. Sleeping Time Traveler.png

John didn't have anywhere to sleep that night. He left town looking for a new job, but it didn't work out well. The only place he got to give his name at, was a small Jersey Mike restaurant... It's not much better than his current job... His military training didn't include attending job interviews.

When he came back downtown, he had no other choice than to sleep in his car, so he found a quiet spot and spent the night there.

It took John a while to fall asleep, not only because his seat wouldn't recline far back enough... But also because he had many things on his mind. Who was this stranger? What secrets did he know about? Does he know where I'm from? Does he know about the stuff I keep in the Subway's basement? What else does he know?

He couldn't help but worry about this old man, what harm he could do to him... Or to this timeline.

John also thought about his family. For some reason, he keeps thinking of ways he could protect them, from here - or rather, from now. Back in 2036, his family lived in a dangerous society, always in harm's way. What if I could do something about it? Give a little gentle push here or there... change things ever so slightly, so that my loved ones would no longer live in mystery?

John's mind kept thinking about these things until he finally fell asleep. Restless sleep, but still... sleep.

Last edited:

Tron1

Episode 5

John is desperate so he gets going on his c-203 search. He finds it and meets a young strange weird man by the name of Richard Marin while he was stalking a woman. He bumps into him by means of a car accident.

They seemingly have coffee while waiting for their cars to be fixed. Marin said to John he can stay at his place until he leaves. He asked about the woman he was stalking. He agreed to help and in return to hide John's where about.

But they become weary of each other and John leaves the apartment without telling. He called the police department after what he saw on Marins computer. He was shocked to see that a person would do that.

The police asked who he was and he said a different name. They let John go. The police department arrested Marin. Compensated his computer and John took Marins apartment as his.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Episode 5

John is desperate so he gets going on his c-203 search. He finds it and meets a young strange weird man by the name of Richard Marin while he was stalking a woman. He bumps into him by means of a car accident.

They seemingly have coffee while waiting for their cars to be fixed. Marin said to John he can stay at his place until he leaves. He asked about the woman he was stalking. He agreed to help and in return to hide John's where about.

But they become weary of each other and John leaves the apartment without telling. He called the police department after what he saw on Marins computer. He was shocked to see that a person would do that.

The police asked who he was and he said a different name. They let John go. The police department arrested Marin. Compensated his computer and John took Marins apartment as his.
Lots of stuff in there! I'm going to integrate most of these twists and turns in the coming episodes. :) I think the Marin Guy will be our first bad guy! lol

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Chapter 5

The Epoch Lair​

005. The Epoch Lair.png

So many secrets, so many things to hide... If anyone was to find out that John is a time traveler... He would be in danger, and his mission would be in jeopardy.

A couple of weeks ago, John gained access to the restaurant's basement. Since he was the only one with the key, he went ahead and stored some of the stuff he previously kept in his car.

With such storage space available, John decided to store his time travel gadgets, computer, and server parts, to build a workstation to access the Internet. It's already a thing in 2000, so he might as well check it out. The last time he went to the library, he heard 2 nerds talk about time travel, and they mentioned a website called "Time Travel Institute". It's been on his mind since then.

John, being cautious as he is, always has a large blanket nearby, that he puts over his workbench, to hide his ongoing projects. The place is secure, in theory. But he doesn't want to leave anything out in the open, even behind a locked door.

A few computer parts are still missing, such as a 56k modem. John hopes to get his hands on one tomorrow. At least he already has Unix install floppies, so no worries there.

Last edited:

Tron1

Mean while Marin gets probation for first offense. He becomes more sedated and seductive he plans to stop Titors rampage of getting any knowledge of c-203 he finds out Marin begins to follow him. He jumps back to 2036 to be with his family for an emergency. He traps Marin in the future.