Malphas: Origins, Powers & Summoning Ritual

Occultist

Occultist.net
Malphas is a prominent figure within the field of demonology, tracing its origins back to late medieval demonology and grimoires, including the “Lesser Key of Solomon” and the “Pseudomonarchia Daemonum”.

Known as a powerful entity within infernal hierarchy, he is often depicted as a grand president or a prince of Hell, leading a vast legion of demons.

In this article I will share some information about the demon’s origins and powers, as well as a simple, beginner friendly ritual that you can use to request protection from him.

Historical Origins​

Malphas’ character is primarily derived from the Judeo-Christian tradition. He is one of the 72 spirits mentioned in the Goetic grimoires, particularly the “Lesser Key of Solomon” and the “Pseudomonarchia Daemonum”.

These grimoires, dating back to the mid-17th century, describe a codified hierarchy of demons with Malphas holding a significant rank among them. According to these texts, he is a Grand President of Hell, commanding 40 infernal legions.

Notably, Malphas’ appearance and functions in these grimoires represent the prevalent cultural, religious, and societal beliefs during the late medieval period. The association of demons with specific roles, powers, and hierarchies was an attempt to rationalize the understanding of spiritual and mystical forces.

Appearance and Symbols​

640px-Malthas-1.jpg

In descriptions found within these ancient grimoires, Malphas is portrayed in two primary forms. Initially, he appears as a crow or raven, birds historically associated with mystery and knowledge in various cultures.

However, when requested, he can take on a human form. In this form, he is often described as a powerful man with a hoarse voice, sometimes wearing a ducal crown, signifying his status within the demonic hierarchy.

Powers and Attributes​

Malphas is particularly known for his abilities related to construction, perception, and deception. As per the grimoires, he is capable of providing familiars (assistants or servants to a magician or witch), accepting sacrificial offerings, and fulfilling the requests of conjurers.

1. Builder of Towers: Malphas is said to have the power to construct houses, towers, or high buildings instantaneously. His abilities also extend to demolishing the foundations of enemy structures.
  2. Perception and Communication: With his keen insight, Malphas is believed to know about all things, past, present, and future, unless concealed from him by divine intervention. He is also depicted as being an effective communicator, capable of reconciling friends and foes.

How to Summon Malphas for Protection​

poster840x830f8f8f8-pad1000x1000f8f8f8.jpg

This is a simple, beginner friendly ritual. It doesn’t require entering into a trance state, which is arguably the most difficult part for beginners.

A trance isn’t needed because this is in fact a sigil channeling ritual. You are not summoning the demon inside the circle or a triangle, you are channeling energy into the sigil and then the sigil acts as an intermediary element for communicating your request to the demon. Because of this, don’t expect Malphas to appear visually, as you are simply performing sigil energy work.

However, it’s important to implement all of the items that I’ve listed below. That can be difficult for some, procuring a crown and even the feather. But if you can combine these elements, the ritual can be very effective and it can be done whenever you need to enhance your personal protection.

I’ve decided to split the instructions into two parts. The first part is the self-preparation part, the second is about conducting the ritual.

Personally, I live a very disciplined life in accordance with Hermetic and alchemical teachings. This allows me to perform effective rituals on an almost daily basis for myself and for my clients, without tiring or running into major setbacks. However, it wasn’t always like this. It took years of learning and self development to get to this stage where I’m able to procure magical effects at will.

For a beginner, it would be beneficial to do some self-preparation before the ritual to prime the body, mind and spirit for the task ahead. So although optional, I recommend that you utilize some, if not all of these instructions in the days leading up to the ritual itself. Especially because you will be channeling energy into the sigil. If you’re feeling tired, lacking in concentration or bloated from eating unhealthy food or too much of it, it can have a negative impact on this central part of the ritual.

Magical Self-Preparation for the Ritual​

1. Meditation: Begin with a period of focused meditation to clear your mind of all distractions and worries. Sit in a quiet place, close your eyes, and take deep, calming breaths. Visualize a protective white light surrounding you, forming a shield that no negative energy can penetrate. Do this for at least 15 minutes each day in the week leading up to the ritual.
  2. Fasting: Engage in a light fast the day before the ritual. Consume simple, plant-based foods and drink plenty of water. This fast is intended to purify your body and focus your mind, strengthening your spiritual connection.
  3. Visualization: Each day leading up to the ritual, spend some time visualizing the ritual in detail. Imagine yourself successfully performing each step of the ritual, from the preparation of the ritual items to the evocation and conclusion. This practice will help you familiarize yourself with the process and enhance your confidence and focus during the actual ritual.
  4. Purification Bath: On the day of the ritual, take a purification bath. Fill a bathtub with warm water and add a handful of sea salt and a few drops of lavender oil. As you soak, visualize the water absorbing any negative energies or anxieties and washing them away. This purification bath symbolizes a cleansing of the soul.
  5. Energy Building Exercise: After the bath, stand in the middle of the room where you will perform the ritual. Close your eyes and hold your arms out to your sides. Visualize energy building within you, starting from your feet and rising to the top of your head. Imagine this energy as a bright light, growing stronger and brighter with each passing moment.
  6. Affirmations: Repeat affirmations that align with your intent. For instance, if you’re invoking Malphas for protection, your affirmations could be: “I am safe. I am protected. No harm can come to me.” Speak these affirmations aloud with conviction to boost your confidence and determination.

Malphas Ritual for Protection​

Items Required:

1. A Black Raven’s Feather: Symbolizes Malphas’ bird form.
  2. A Chalice filled with Red Wine: Represents the sacrificial offering.
  3. A Silver Ducal Crown: To acknowledge Malphas’ status.
  4. A Hand-drawn Sigil of Malphas: Connects to the demon’s essence.
  5. Black and White Candles: Denotes the duality of his nature.
  6. A Wooden Wand: To channel your energy.
  7. A Salt Circle: For protection and containment.

Step-by-Step Instructions:

1. Preparation: Choose a secluded location where you won’t be disturbed. Ensure it is free of negative energies and can safely contain the ritual. The location must be clean and respectful.
  2. Magic Circle: Draw a large magic circle with salt. This circle acts as your shield and barrier, preventing any malevolent energies from crossing its boundaries. In the inner perimeter of the circle, inscribe the Sigil of Malphas using whichever means are at your disposal, such as chalk or paint.
  3. Arrangement of Items: Place the black and white candles on opposite sides of the circle. The black candle represents the underworld where Malphas dwells, and the white symbolizes the human realm. In the center of the circle, place the crown and the raven’s feather. The wooden goblet filled with red wine should be placed near the boundary of the circle. The wand should be in your hand, serving as a conduit for your energy.
  4. Evocation: Once everything is in place, begin the ritual by lighting the candles. Then, holding the wand in your dominant hand, point it towards the sigil and chant:”Malphas, Grand President of the Underworld, hear my plea. I invoke thee by thy name and thy stature. From the realm of shadows, cross into mine. Recognize the raven’s feather, your own guise, and the crown, your rightful symbol. I beseech thee for protection against my enemies, known and unknown.” As you do this, close your eyes and focus on your third eye (pineal gland). As you chant this incantation 3 times, visualize energy, however you see it at the moment, leaving your third eye and projecting unto the sigil, and the sigil glowing even brighter and more intensely.
  5. Offering: Now, pick up the goblet of red wine and say, “In goodwill, I offer this libation to thee, Malphas.” Drink half of it and pour the rest onto the ground outside the circle, symbolizing your offering.
  6. Reiteration of Request: Holding the wand towards the sigil again, and now with your eyes open, firmly reiterate your request for protection, specifying the particular type of protection you seek.
  7. Closing the Ritual: To conclude, say, “With respect and gratitude, I thank thee, Malphas, for your presence. Return now to your realm, with no harm done to thee or me. This bond shall hold strong, our pact sealed in trust and mutual benefit.
  8. Aftermath: Once the ritual is complete, carefully clean up the space. Store the items. The raven’s feather and the candles can be reused, but the crown should only be used again in rituals with Lucifer, none other demons.

Final Thoughts​

If you’ve never done ritual magic before, this would be a good ritual to practice. It’s fairly simple, and you’re transmitting energy outward instead of receiving it.

So there’s no danger of receiving negative energy back of any kind. You’re also not asking for anything morally dubious, so there aren’t any karmic repercussions to worry about. I know that these are two of the most common worries that people have with ceremonial magic and this ritual is free of them.

The post Malphas: Origins, Powers & Summoning Ritual appeared first on Occultist.

Source: Occultist | Malphas: Origins, Powers & Summoning Ritual

Last edited by a moderator:

Beholder

Never heard the birds talk about Malphas. They must be truly terrified.