Oil - Supply and Price

Darkwolf

Re: Oil - Supply and Price

BREAK OUT THE CARBS that give all vehicles 50 miles per gallon + and would we have this problem???

That doesn't do much good when 90% of the cars on the road are fuel injected. You can get an outlaw chip for a computer controlled enging that does some good.

Zoomerz

How many petroleum based products go into cars? Plastic dash, wiring insulation, bumper strips, internal fittings, plastic fuse blocks, synthetic oils... then you have trucks, buses, aeroplanes and ships to contend with as well. Without plastic, nothing would move on this planet, at all.

Start with the car, the fuel efficient truck and aeroplane, then we conentrate on the plastic bottles, the food cartons and the biro's that are consumed in their billions every year. Start small, but think big, that's the ticket.

That's it in a nutshell. Good post Gray... Everything goes up. Hope it's a really really short spike!

Z-

lastdyingtree

Gas Prices are horrid, I need something a bit more fuel efficient than my '90 caddillac.
I might as well be driving a school bus.
Chris

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

If anyone is interested. Go to www.aquatune.com. They sell a neat little gadget that increases mileage and horsepower. I'm about to buy one myself.

Good idea, but that is a crap system to buy, so don't waste your money. If you get one you need one that rreads the PWM signal from the engine\'s fuel injector (including Peak and Hold type) and convert it to drive the High Speed Valve to deliver watereads the PWM signal from the engine\'s fuel injector (including Peak and Hold type) and convert it to drive the High Speed Valve to deliver waterreads the PWM signal from the engine\'s fuel injector (including Peak and Hold type) and convert it to drive the High Speed Valve to deliver w</span>

XDrFirefly

All I can say is let the high gas prices come. I'll keep driving. Maybe it will make some of these SUV driver buy a smaller car. Or wait maybe even this. It will make the damn car companies make a car worth driving. It does suck for us the common everyday people, but no pain no gain I guess. I can deal with a few years of high gas price if it finally changes things.

Dr FF