Oldest skeleton in Americas found in underwater cave

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Oldest skeleton in Americas found in underwater cave

They explain in this 2 pages articles that they found a human skeleton in an underwater cave, 50 feet below sea level, that is the oldest skeleton ever found in America. It's a good clue about how sea level changed since that time, and where people used to live in that time.
Deep inside an underwater cave in Mexico, archaeologists may have discovered the oldest human skeleton ever found in the Americas.
Dubbed Eva de Naharon, or Eve of Naharon, the female skeleton has been dated at 13,600 years old. If that age is accurate, the skeleton?along with three others found in underwater caves along the Caribbean coast of the Yucat?n Peninsula?could provide new clues to how the Americas were first populated.
Oldest Skeleton in Americas Found in Underwater Cave

Num7

Whitelight

Re: Oldest skeleton in Americas found in underwater cave

That's really cool, Num.

I like the attatched thumbnail, awesome pic!

The more older human remains we find, I feel like someday we'll find the missing link.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

WhiteLight said:
The more older human remains we find, I feel like someday we'll find the missing link.
Do you think there's in fact a so called missing link?

If you ask me this question, I'll tend to say that yes, we're related to apes, and that we're the result of evolution.
But I still think there's a pretty huge gap between apes and humans. you can take the more intelligent apes, they're are still really far from "thinking" and acting like humans (or act like an intelligent being). I mean, you can teach an elephant how to paint, or teach a monkey how to do anything you can imagine, but I don't think they'll ever be able to talk like we do. Yeah, some animals can communicate, in ways we don't always understand (whales, dolphins, etc), but I don't think their languages are complex as ours.

A human being can say to another one : "hey, we're alive, we're intelligent, we can communicate, and we can think too". No other animal on Earth can do so. That's a quick and rough explanation, but I think it explains pretty well the point.

Num7

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
Do you think there's in fact a so called missing link?

If you ask me this question, I'll tend to say that yes, we're related to apes, and that we're the result of evolution.

If any of our ancestors were to be designated the "missing link," the result would be the outcry from Creationists that we now need to find the two "missing links," becaus ethere would instantly be two gaps to fill rather than one - the gap from ape to the discovered "link," and the gap from this "link" to modern humans.

Evolution doesn't work that way.

Numenorean7 said:
A human being can say to another one : "hey, we're alive, we're intelligent, we can communicate, and we can think too". No other animal on Earth can do so.

I don't know that I agree with this. But, please note, I still eat animals and will probably continue to do so even if an animal (some day) asked me not to!

Especially pigs and fish.

Harte

jurgen36

Harte said:
But, please note, I still eat animals and will probably continue to do so even if an animal (some day) asked me not to!

Especially pigs and fish.

Harte

I do agree, after all we are engineered for mixed food and purely vegetables or purely meat will not do it at all. I found that most, but not all, vegetarians I ever did meet seem to be not quite here. I really do not know how to explain it better. There seems to be something missing in their reasoning.
Regards

gl100

Like some comedian once said, "not eating meat is a choice but eating meat is an instinct"

I like mine with lettuce and tomatoes, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes.....