Opposing beliefs/religions/spirituality.

Gnostic Christian

All sacred text is man made fiction.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

SergiusPaulus

If you haven’t read the Complete Jewish Bible then I suggest you ask John Titor to go a few hundred years from now and bring it back to 1998 when he visited his family. Leave John alone. You guys are crazy back then. That’s why the iron dome of 2025 prevented time quakes in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Lilith were still together.

Gnostic Christian

If you haven’t read the Complete Jewish Bible then I suggest you ask John Titor to go a few hundred years from now and bring it back to 1998 when he visited his family. Leave John alone. You guys are crazy back then. That’s why the iron dome of 2025 prevented time quakes in the Garden of Eden when Adam and Lilith were still together.

Check your meds. Please.

Regrads
DL