Original Titor thread restored!

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
This is the original John Titor thread that was previously lost to file corruption and/or thread size limitations when Mop, the original owner, migrated from DCForum to UBB.Threads around 2002.

Time-travel Paradoxes! | Time Travel Institute

Both pamela and Darby had saved text-based copies of the thread, but were not searchable and could not be viewed in a "forum thread" context the way you see it there.

This thread has been rebuilt using the original "corrupted" file provided to me by Mop, the reposted version of the thread by Darby and the flat-view version of the thread as crawled by the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine on January 11th, 2002.

John Titor never actually registered on the site; not requiring registration was one of the reasons he posted on this site in the first place. I've created a shell account for him and have assigned his posts to it so that they are more easily identified in the thread and can be more readily searched:
TimeTravel_0 | Time Travel Institute

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
cool. I got the full thread from Darby's profile on TTI, think there was a link to the text file :)

Yep, that's partially what was used to restore it (checking what he had against the original flat-file Mop sent me and what was on Archive.org).

The problem with just having a text file is an extreme lack of context. You can't search it, you can't easily go back and see a chronology of just that person's posts, etc.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
cool. I got the full thread from Darby's profile on TTI, think there was a link to the text file :)

Yep, that's partially what was used to restore it (checking what he had against the original flat-file Mop sent me and what was on Archive.org).

The problem with just having a text file is an extreme lack of context. You can't search it, you can't easily go back and see a chronology of just that person's posts, etc.

It's a different experience to read it in the original format. Makes you feel like you're there.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

It's a different experience to read it in the original format. Makes you feel like you're there.

It also highlights the fact that Titor wasn't the best speller, LOL.

Judastitor

It also highlights the fact that Titor wasn't the best speller, LOL.
I've met a lot of people that have complaints about education, my answer has always been "do you have a solution?"