Paradoxes

Harte

I should have clarified. Time paradoxes as a physical thing cannot exist. And are always a linguistic and fictional error.
A linguistic error. Yes. Those are a thing. But you have not described anything physical. Something false cannot be true, and vice versa.
Linguistic, but there's no error there.
It's a long-recognized logical paradox.

There are many well-known logical and mathematical paradoxes.
I'd refer you to Zeno for some physical paradoxes.

Paradoxes certainly are real, and they do exist physically, as well as linguistically.

Harte

Harte

Everything is a thing. We don't have the ability to imagine new things, we can only observe data and redistribute it with a different perspective.

Another well-known example of a paradox is the Liar paradox, which offers up the simple sentence: “This statement is false.” If this is true, then the sentence is false, but if the sentence states that it is false, and it is false, then it must also be true! So the sentence is both true and not true at the same time.

Some more examples of paradoxical statements are:

• You can save money by spending it.
  • I know one thing; that I know nothing.
  • This is the beginning of the end.
  • Deep down, you're really shallow.
  • I'm a compulsive liar.
  • “Men work together whether they work together or apart.” - Robert Frost
  • "What a pity that youth must be wasted on the young." - George Bernard Shaw
  • "I can resist anything but temptation." - Oscar Wilde
A paradox can be thought provoking but also fun to think about. Some examples of witty statements:

• Here are the rules: Ignore all rules.
  • The second sentence is false. The first sentence is true.
  • I only message those who do not message.
Groucho Marx:
"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."

Harte

Mimi

Yes, it's very interesting. I love Heinlien's stories, but I hadn't read this one before.
I've read the post, and I bought the book, and after reading it half a dozen times, I think I'm just starting to get my head around it!

I think that's the kind of thing I was trying to say in my first post about so-called 'paradoxes' resolving themselves.