- Parallel Universes Might Interact -

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This goes well with my theory that a universe is a conscious being. I sometimes think that either a single universe or the multiverse is God's consciousness. If only one universe is God's consciousness, then we have multiple gods.

"The idea is called the Many Interacting Worlds hypothesis, the or MIW. The core concept is that a plethora of universes have always existed side by side, and that they subtly influence the ones near them to differ from themselves. The bizarre effects of quantum mechanics that we observe and are confused by, such as quantum tunneling and the double slit experiment, are really caused by the interactions between these universes."

Do they simply connect and "influence" eachother, or are they conscious beings?

Hazzie Hippie

I think the topic related to parallel universes is cool :) maybe there are some similar to our universe , and then some that might be not so similar at all .

TimeFlipper

@PaulaJedi Personally i didnt read anything into "The Idea" which gives the impression that the many Universes theory might be conscious beings...
The authors are writing about their own model of that theory using the terminology of Quantum Physics from...Quantum Mechanics..Quantum Tunneling...Quantum Wave Function and Quantum Entanglement...Unfortunately there are no indications of a God Universe...

Pix3l_P0w3r

@PaulaJedi Personally i didnt read anything into "The Idea" which gives the impression that the many Universes theory might be conscious beings...
The authors are writing about their own model of that theory using the terminology of Quantum Physics from...Quantum Mechanics..Quantum Tunneling...Quantum Wave Function and Quantum Entanglement...Unfortunately there are no indications of a God Universe...

I personally don't believe in a god or a god universe, but I think it makes for great sci-fi. My favorite story is "The Egg" on Galactanet. In reality, wouldn't time travel be a quantum leap of sorts? Meaning, existence is in a quantum state and we are simply observers of a linear function? Simply observing a quantum state changes it. If everything that has happened, can happen, or will happen, has already happened somewhere, we can safely assume there are infinite realities and infinite possibilities and everything has occurred. Good news, that means we can alter our future and we do have choices to be either good or evil. But that also means what happened in our past cannot be changed and if we do time travel to the past, it will be a different reality or timeline, not the one you originated from. So ultimately that means a parallel universe is simply our universe in a different reality or timeline with an extremely low divergence factor, so things are almost exactly the same. When we travel through time we're travelling to parallel universes, unless you travel through time linearly which is a one way trip to the future.

Pix3l_P0w3r

I’m still looking for my rich self in another parallel universe lol :)

I suppose it all depends on how perfected time travel is for you to find something so very specific. I personally haven't seen actual time machines that travel through physical space-time (gravitational displacement) which would be the definitive way for anyone to travel through time; although John Titor's machine is one example. I have seen (for sale, and the schematics) purported time machines that work on a somewhat psychic level, in that it just enhances your astro projection abilities. If those indeed do work, it would be to a limited set of people with specific qualities and/or abilities, and our current understanding of technology and science leads us to believe that it's simply a pseudoscience or a scam. Even if it was real, there's a lack of scientific method and measurement to prove anything, or to even make it an exact science on any sort of physical level. My endeavor for information regarding the universe, existence, and time travel is purely in effort to quench my thirst for the truth to life's grand questions.