Paranormalis Forums

Go Back Paranormalis Forums > Paranormalis Discussion > Metaphysics
Astral projection Astral projection
User Name
User Name
Save?
Password
Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Metaphysics Astral projection, prophecies, telekinesis and all that sort of stuff.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6 Days Ago

Default Astral projection
For past couple of weeks, I've been Interested in Astral Projection, I've been doing research and been praticing on my own time, but I've yet to succeed, although i thought i did astral but i was on foot. Anyways, has anybody ever done it and if so, mind giving me tips? I've also found out i can do it natrually but i haven't been able to since i found out i could, at least not that i can remember.
Old 5 Days Ago

Send a message via MSN to shane Send a message via Yahoo to shane
Default Re: Astral projection
I've found that many different people mean many different things when they say "astral projection." Could you be a bit more specific about what you're trying to accomplish? Also...

Quote:
although i thought i did astral but i was on foot.
can you explain this further?

In clearing your mind, focus on the breath is key. I'm sure you've come across many breathing techniques in your research, but perhaps this one will help, that is if you have a clear sinus. Try breathing very slowly inward through your left nostril only for the space of five heartbeats. Don't hold your right nostril closed, just focus on the left. Hold that breath for the space of five more heartbeats, then exhale for five heartbeats through your right nostril. Hold your empty lungs for five heartbeats, repeat. After five cycles of this, switch to breathing in from the right and out from the left. You may need to change the timing of breaths based on whatever is comfortable to you.

The point is to force your mind to focus entirely on your breathing, clearing it of all else. When you allow control of your breath to return to subconscious process, your mind should be empty. That's what you want.

Dissociation from self, or "astral travel" as it is often called, can be dangerous to your overall mental state if you are unprepared for the experiences it can bring. I would advise against pursuing that particular route of meditation if you lack a good personal reason.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear
Old 5 Days Ago

If it was me, I'd forget the breathing excersize due to the amount of attention it bleeds away from the task at hand. Breath slowly with the bottom of your lungs, not the top. This will assure the most "prana" available and turn to your Imagination.

I have found that OBE is best facilitated by using the proper keys. They are:

INTENT - the reason for doing what you are doing, your Goal.

DURATION OF INTENT & THE SUSTAINED APPLICATION OF IMAGINATION

IMAGINATION - Visualization, you actively build your surroundings

Set aside a time Each Day and stick to it. Lay down in a comfortable position, don't let anything 'poke' into to averting your attention. One of the easiest techniques is to Imagine what it looks like being some where else in the room viewing You laying on the bed.

You can try sitting in a chair and Imagine what it looks like to see the top of your head.

Another technique is to Imagine the most 'happiest' place that you know and Imagine what it's like to be there right at this moment. Imagine it, built it around you, what are the sounds,birds, wind in the leaves, what does the breeze feel like, how warm is the sun, remember and Imagine what the smells were like.

The most Important key is to engauge the Imagination and use it to build the world around you In SYNC with the INTENT, Your Goal, of what you are doing ALONG With DURATION, sustained effort in one specific direction.

Don't get discouraged. The door that Soul uses MUST Open INWARDLY.
You can't force this stuff. The harder you PUSH the tighter the door seals shut. You do this by "not doing anything at all", you imerse youself in the Imaginational aspect, not the goal. Makes sense?

My very first OBE happened in the 3rd grade. I remember very vividly looking down from the celing at me sitting at my school desk. Bottm line of a long story, I Did Not Want To Be There At That Moment and that was all that I was consumed with due to fear.
Last edited by StarLord : 5 Days Ago at 05:17 PM.
Old 5 Days Ago

Send a message via AIM to kahotep Send a message via Yahoo to kahotep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
For past couple of weeks, I've been Interested in Astral Projection, I've been doing research and been practicing on my own time, but I've yet to succeed, although i thought i did astral but i was on foot. Anyways, has anybody ever done it and if so, mind giving me tips? I've also found out i can do it naturally but i haven't been able to since i found out i could, at least not that i can remember.
One of my friends has found the free courses at Gnosticweb: The Site for Modern Gnosis, with free courses in Gnosticism and Spiritual Mastery, from the Masters of Modern Gnosis, Belzebuub, Samael Aun Weor and Rabolu. to be quite beneficial for improving astral projections.

There are a number of interesting E-books on their site regarding Modern Gnosis.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
I've found that many different people mean many different things when they say "astral projection." Could you be a bit more specific about what you're trying to accomplish? Also...

can you explain this further?
I just want to see if i can commit myself enough to do this because i understand it takes a lot of patience and practice and if do i succeed, this will be a great victory for myself and nobody else and it might change the confidence that i have in me. I've also been trying to get in touch with my spirit side. I also know not to try it when you have any fear, which i have covered.

I understand when people astral they are flying, but for me it did feel like i did astral because i was wide awake so i could tell i was dreaming, but instead of flying i was walking around and i was trying to jump in the air to fly but was unsuccessful.

« Salvinorin A and the Ghostmind | - »

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode