Chronovisor [Paranormalis.com] Support Our Troops?

kahotep

1702480548505.png

Paranormalis Forums

Go Back Paranormalis Forums > Community Discussions > The Dungeon
Support Our Troops? Support Our Troops?
User Name
User Name
Save?
Password
Register FAQ Members List Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Dungeon No holds barred.

Tags: iraq, troops, war

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via AIM to kahotep Send a message via Yahoo to kahotep
Default Re: Support Our Troops?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl100 View Post
It is ironic that the same man who uttered those words also wrote Roosevelt a letter that is widely believed to have been the impetus for the Manhattan Project.
Indeed, Einstein was no saint. If only he had been a plumber...

Quote:
If we had a mercenary army the war would be a lot more efficiently run. Mercenaries wouldn't work at those pay grades. The other alternative, a draft, would be considerably worse. What we have is a poorly run volunteer army aided and abetted by "weekend warriors". Not exactly the awe inspiring armies of yore.
They certainly pay them badly, though the break from paying the so-called "income tax" makes it worth it for many of them.

While I realize, of course, that there are many different reasons to join the armed forces, I would like to cite the example I'm familiar with.

My brother-in-law joined the army of the United States of America a couple of years ago.

Brandon had been attending college to be a Psychologist and working at restaurants in town and making enough to live off of, but his love of materialist attachments such as video games, drinking and the occasional hard drugs made it difficult for him to motivate himself to hold a job for more than a month or two.

So he got in bed with the recruiters, who told him lies and deceived him into thinking that it was virtually a risk-free proposition. He truly believed that he'd be sitting in Cheyenne mountain watching a radar screen, or something of that sort.

I remember the discussions I had with him since he made this decision. I described all of the details regarding the 911 and detailed the various travesties surrounding the Iraqi war. He too believed that the whole thing is a farce, but cared more about enjoying himself, watching music videos, movies and playing games; far more than he cared about the destruction that he was about to become accomplice to.

Brandon ended up getting shipped to Fallujah last year, where he lived and worked in the "green zone." Little did he know or care that a "holocaust" of sorts had occurred there, in which the government of the United States of America used chemical weapons on the people of Fallujah.

I was able to spend a few hours with him, during his last return. I spoke with him about the conditions in Fallujah and the army in-general. As many people say, regarding these matters, he said that he is "just trying to stay alive."

Whenever people approach him, because he is sometimes in his uniform, for various purposes, in the states, they often like to congratulate him on being such a great guy and all. He responds by saying that he is only interested in money, as has been his reason all along.

Yes, he knew full well that he could be called upon to be an accomplice in a large-scale murder, rape and pillage operation, such as the one in Fallujah.

Remembering our discussions from the days when he had a conscience and a real intellect, I recall the old adage that you are not innocent if you are "just following orders." When the day comes for him to pay for his indiscretions, I doubt the creative force will care, one iota, whether or not he needed some extra money.

Quote:
The fact that these troops are risking and losing their lives is worthy of your support. Hell, it's worthy of your respect. Not for their actions, although they really do not have a choice, but for their commitment. An army and its troops is but a tool of its leaders. It is a necessary evil. Having volunteered, served in battle and seen the horrors of an unpopular war, I can assure you that very few of us ever thought of joining to kill another human being and even fewer of us will ever forget it.
I do have respect for them, but I think they are morally culpable for the deaths that they contribute to, no matter what kind of intellectual spin is put on events. Each and every one of them has violated their oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic, and so they are dishonest in that respect.

I am not going to apologize to them or anyone for pointing out the truth in matters. This war, the leaders that organized it and the troops that carried it out, I believe, are guilty of high treason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
That's right G 100, "What Mercenaries?"

Blame the assholes that sent them there but never blame the soldiers.
They are Bleeding, Dying, Kept In The Dark, and Eat Bullshit Daily.
I hate to praise or blame anyone. The bottom line is that people are not paying attention to what they are a part of, and I doubt the claim of ignorance can absolve their sins against their fellow men.
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Lying about chemical weapons use in Fallujah won't get you into Heaven anymore, either.

Harte
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Guess there's nothing left to do but blow up my tv, throw away my papers and go plant a bunch of peaches then.
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via AIM to kahotep Send a message via Yahoo to kahotep
The government of the United States of America would never do anything this damned diabolical now, would they? Lets not kid ourselves, the U.S. has become a narco-terrorist democracy that would stoop to any low necessary to ensure that the plans of the cabal are carried out.

Quote:
Did the US military use chemical weapons in Iraq?

An Italian state-run TV documentary says yes, a charge the US calls 'disinformation.'

By Tom Regan | csmonitor.com

RAI, the all news state-run satellite channel in Italy, aired a documentary Tuesday that accused the United States of using chemical weapons against the civilian population during a November 2004 bombardment of Fallujah. AKI, the Italian news agency, reports that the documentary, entitled "Fallujah: The Hidden Massacre" and aired on the first aniversary of the assault on insurgents in Fallujah, includes interviews with former US soldiers and with residents of Fallujah who say that during the assault on the city the US military used the chemical white phosphorus.

more...
Quote:
IRAQ: US used chemical weapons in Fallujah assault

16 March 2005 Doug Lorimer

The US military used internationally banned chemical weapons, including nerve gas, during their assault on the Iraqi city of Fallujah last November, Dr Khalid ash Shaykhli, an Iraqi health ministry official, told a March 3 Baghdad press conference.

According to the Aljazeera satellite news network, Dr Shaykhli “said that researches, prepared by his medical team, prove that US occupation forces used internationally prohibited substances, including mustard gas, nerve gas and other burning chemicals in their attacks in the war-torn city”.

Chemical weapons such as mustard gas, nerve gas and napalm have been banned by international convention since the 1980s. The main justification made by the US, British and Australian governments in March 2003 for their invasion of Iraq was the claim — since proven to have been a complete fabrication — that Saddam Hussein's regime possessed stockpiles of these banned weapons and was preparing to use them, via the al Qaeda terrorist network, to attack the United States.

more...
Quote:
US forces 'used chemical weapons' during assault on city of Fallujah

By Peter Popham

Published: 08 November 2005

Powerful new evidence emerged yesterday that the United States dropped massive quantities of white phosphorus on the Iraqi city of Fallujah during the attack on the city in November 2004, killing insurgents and civilians with the appalling burns that are the signature of this weapon.

Ever since the assault, which went unreported by any Western journalists, rumours have swirled that the Americans used chemical weapons on the city.

On 10 November last year, the Islam Online website wrote: "US troops are reportedly using chemical weapons and poisonous gas in its large-scale offensive on the Iraqi resistance bastion of Fallujah, a grim reminder of Saddam Hussein's alleged gassing of the Kurds in 1988."

The website quoted insurgent sources as saying: "The US occupation troops are gassing resistance fighters and confronting them with internationally banned chemical weapons."

In December the US government formally denied the reports, describing them as "widespread myths". "Some news accounts have claimed that US forces have used 'outlawed' phosphorus shells in Fallujah," the USinfo website said. "Phosphorus shells are not outlawed. US forces have used them very sparingly in Fallujah, for illumination purposes.

"They were fired into the air to illuminate enemy positions at night, not at enemy fighters."

But now new information has surfaced, including hideous photographs and videos and interviews with American soldiers who took part in the Fallujah attack, which provides graphic proof that phosphorus shells were widely deployed in the city as a weapon.

more...
Quote:
U.S. used banned weapons in Fallujah – Health ministry

Dr. Khalid ash-Shaykhli, an official at Iraq’s health ministry, said that the U.S. military used internationally banned weapons during its deadly offensive in the city of Fallujah.

Dr. ash-Shaykhli was assigned by the ministry to assess the health conditions in Fallujah following the November assault there.

He said that researches, prepared by his medical team, prove that U.S. occupation forces used internationally prohibited substances, including mustard gas, nerve gas, and other burning chemicals in their attacks in the war-torn city.

The health official announced his findings at a news conference in the health ministry building in Baghdad.

The press conference was attended by more than 20 Iraqi and foreign media networks, including the Iraqi ash-Sharqiyah TV network, the Iraqi as-Sabah newspaper, the U.S. Washington Post and the Knight-Ridder service.

Dr. ash-Shaykhli started the conference by reporting the current health conditions of the Fallujah residents. He said that the city is still suffering from the effects of chemical substances and other types of weapons that cause serious diseases over the long term.

Asked whether limited nuclear weapons were also used by U.S. forces in Fallujah, Dr. ash-Shaykhli said; “What I saw during our research in Fallujah leads me to me believe everything that has been said about that battle.

“I absolutely do not exclude their use of nuclear and chemical substances, since all forms of nature were wiped out in that city. I can even say that we found dozens, if not hundreds, of stray dogs, cats, and birds that had perished as a result of those gasses.”
Dr. ash-Shaykhli promised to send the findings of the researches to responsible bodies inside Iraq and abroad.

Fallujah residents said napalm gas was used

During the U.S. offensive, Fallujah residents reported that they saw “melted” bodies in the city, which suggests that U.S. forces used napalm gas, a poisonous cocktail of polystyrene and jet fuel that makes the human body melt.

In November, Labour MPs in the UK demanded Prime Minister Tony Blair to confront the Commons over the use of napalm gas in Fallujah.

Furious critics have also demanded that Blair threatens the U.S. to pullout British forces from Iraq unless the U.S. stops using the world’s deadliest weapon.

The United Nations banned the use of the napalm gas against civilians in 1980 after pictures of a naked wounded girl in Vietnam shocked the world.

The United States, which didn't endorse the convention, is the only nation in the world still using the deadly weapon.

more...
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Send a message via Yahoo to Chip Lewis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahotep View Post
I do have respect for them, but I think they are morally culpable for the deaths that they contribute to, no matter what kind of intellectual spin is put on events. Each and every one of them has violated their oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic, and so they are dishonest in that respect.

I am not going to apologize to them or anyone for pointing out the truth in matters. This war, the leaders that organized it and the troops that carried it out, I believe, are guilty of high treason.

I hate to praise or blame anyone. The bottom line is that people are not paying attention to what they are a part of, and I doubt the claim of ignorance can absolve their sins against their fellow men.
Tep, I think I agree with you more than I disagree. However, I think that the disconnect here has more to do with living a meaningful life. If "Brandon" had a better sense of who he was, he may never have made his decision to go. Likewise, most of these soldiers haven't a clue as to who they are. This justifies their “ignorance”. Whether they are enlightened along their path is a hit or miss operation. This war is exactly what these people need to wake up from the myopia that have so thoroughly enjoyed. The soldiers that survive this occupation will come back with a more meaningful idea.

I personally know two soldiers. One of them hates this war and wants it to end immediately (Let’s call him Tom). The other refers to anybody against the war as a demoKRAT (he emphasizes the KRAT) as if it's a demeaning title (Let’s call this one Frank). Tom enlisted in the military to get a college education. Frank enlisted in the military because he likes Humvees and Rush Limbaugh. Tom now reads the news and has created a journal detailing his daily routine for later reference (He says his journal helps him stay sane). Frank loves to tell stories about dead bodies. He exaggerates the curdling details. The more these soldiers go through in this war the more defined their character will be. Life is just like that. All of the choices I have made in my life (through every stage thus far) have come back to haunt me in one way or another. Likewise these soldiers will be put to the test.

BTW - Frank has recently recanted on a few of his more extreme opinions.

There was a time when I wondered what went through the mind of a person who joins the military under the current chaotic foreign policies. I now realize that the answer to that question is…nuthin’
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahotep View Post
The government of the United States of America would never do anything this damned diabolical now, would they? Lets not kid ourselves, the U.S. has become a narco-terrorist democracy that would stoop to any low necessary to ensure that the plans of the cabal are carried out.
kahotep,

Pardon me. After reading your articles and doing a little research on my own, I uncovered an even more dastardly plot to use biological weapons along with the evil chemical weapons used at Fallujah. This plan was rejected outright, for obvious reasons.

Originally, the plan was to use a stealth biological weapons delivery system. The system cannot be detected on conventional radar and makes no audible sound upon launch.

The missiles would be tipped with a biological agent, applied by the personnel doing the launching, carried in a hydrocarbon-based delivery package conforming to the shape of a paraboloid. The vector of delivery, in a particularly disturbing way, was designed to actually cling to the enemy target! This allows for a longer enemy contact time with the agent and even greater percentages of infection.

In fact, beside the main biological agent carrying package at the tip,the body of the missile itself is actually constructed of thousands of small packets, each of these carrying it's own toxic brew. These organic compounds could cause instant death, and even at minimum exposure can cause serious cardiopulmonary difficulties.

Thank God they didn't use these! Apparently, some Army brass decided that using wooden arrows tipped with suction cups, licked by the shooter for better stickage, would just not be acceptable.

Phosphorus is used in tracer shells people. You get it on you, you get burned. Tough. Imagine what a shell without the phosphorus would do if it got on you.

Harte
Old 1 Week Ago
Paranormalis VIP

H,

Great post but I think the articles are objecting to the use of white phosphorous as incendiary devices and anti-personnel weapons. Having experienced the effectiveness of Willy Pete and Napalm first hand, I can tell you both are incredibly nasty and effective. Almost as effective as the car bombs these poor innocent victims tend to use on a regular basis.

The fact of the matter is that Willy Pete and Napalm are not considered chemical weapons per se and the US has not signed agreements to that effect. The articles are a little fuzzy on these pertinent facts. But then again, one of them refers to napalm as a gas so what do you expect.

Now, I'm as big a critic of main stream media as anybody but I think that using al jazeera as a corroborating source for this story is somewhat disingenuous.
Old 1 Week Ago

Send a message via MSN to shane Send a message via Yahoo to shane
Is not the slave, at least in part, responsible for his own slavery? Even in the hand of the cruelest master, the whip can not make a slave. It is the slave's own fear of that whip that denies him his freedom. You tell me I should pity the soldier, that he knows not his transgressions, for they are of another's intent. In return, I ask you this: is it not the soldier's responsibility to know the will that guides his own actions? Is ignorance any less a crime than murder? Is fear any less a crime than tyranny?
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear
Old 6 Days Ago

Shane, have you ever been to Basic Training?
Old 6 Days Ago
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Brent H Send a message via AIM to Brent H Send a message via MSN to Brent H Send a message via Yahoo to Brent H
Oh god, I remember that. Basic is usually 8 weeks, but for tankers it's twice as long (or around there). I got to roll in the mud for 3 hours because someone stole my earplugs at the firing range
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

« The FDA and AMA are worthless pieces of trash | - »

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode