Pendulums

jurgen36

Pendulums

I am a great believer in using pendulums to help me find things. I do know it sounds stupid but it does work for me. A couple of days ago my wife came for a visit from Thailand to Perth and on the day she was supposed to fly back we could not find her passport. We spend literately hours looking for it and turning the house upside down. Finally I decided to use my faithful and mainly reliable pendulum. At first it gave me an apparently nonsense direction, then I moved to another room and the same thing happened. However once you draw lines from the two directions it pointed outside to the rubbish bin. Any way we did not believe it but we checked just the same, her passport someway was picked up with the last rubbish we threw out and was underneath the black rubbish bag. I realize of course that the logical explanation is that the unconscious mind controls the pendulum. But whatever, it seems to work for me.

Now this is not the only time a pendulum did help me. May be Harte has an explanation for it.
Regards

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Pendulums

What kind of pendulum do you use, does it have anything special ?
How do you use it ?
That's sounds interesting, I'm curious to see what Harte thinks of it !

Num7

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
What kind of pendulum do you use, does it have anything special ?
How do you use it ?
That's sounds interesting, I'm curious to see what Harte thinks of it !

Num7

Actually I do not use anything special, the pendulum itself is an old ceramic chassis antenna isolator, actually the half which points out of the set. it is a bit heart or turnip shaped that is the closed I can describe it. But I do not believe the shape makes any difference at all. In Thailand my wife and I had a boarding house for high school student girls and just for entertainment we used a pendulum made from a string and a washer. Worked actually very well. The girls got horrified to find the names of their current boyfriends, on a circular chart with all the letters and numbers of the English language printed. Thats the reason I believe that the inner mind control's it without the consciousness of the operator. It does not work for all people. As example my wife can not use it at all. It just goes round in circles.
Regards

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Do you have to be holding the string of the pendulum, or can you hold a stick or something attached to the string?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Hmm... Do you believe the person holding the pendulum is creating these effects, or the pendulum on its own?

jurgen36

Actually I do believe it is the unconscious mind of the person holding the string. But then I sometimes wonder. So lets put it this way, I really do not know. I only know it does seem to work about 80 to 90 % of the times. Like with my wifes passport, I do not think that it was thrown out by a conscious action. Again I really do not know.
Regards

EachPeachPearPlum

To say that your subconscious is what led you to the passport is to assume that 1) you were the person who unknowingly placed it there or 2) having previously seen it in location X your subconscious recognized it, but it was filtered out in what surfaced to your conscious cognizance. I highly doubt the latter because of its found location, it is improbable.
As for the first, I hope that you were not the person who made that otherwise-would-be mishap.
SO as far as the question of your conscience being the sole instigator in finding the passport, it did not. It would have been able to play a sub-role in the act of thinking of the object, connecting with the impressionable energy of the given item and creating a link between the desired object and yourself.

In Catholicism it is practice to pray to petition Saint Anthony to aid in finding lost objects. On the times I did use it, the objects were found almost immediately after. I believe it works in the same way.

-Later

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Along the same line of thought, aren't there people who believe that there is a universal consciousness? They believe anybody who is able to tap into this realm of knowledge can learn whatever it is they seek.

I can't remember anything specific about this subject but that's the general idea. Sounds like maybe some of the same theories apply.

EachPeachPearPlum

According to Jungians it's called the "Collective Unconscious" but it only refers to archetypal references of cultural similarity; such as shared historical events reoccurant in numerous societies, religions, mythology, and experiences (marriage, entering adulthood). It does not apply to trivial instances of things revelevant to "instances" and "nows", so the epic search of the passport would not be included here.

The acquiring of sought after knowledge isn't from any one school of thought, but a lot of New Age astral projectionists believe they can do it. Personally, I think they have a little too much of a self-importance complex going on there.