PENNSYLVANIA: Kindergartner labeled 'Terrorist Threat' - Suspended for Toy Bubble Gun remark

Samstwitch

THIS is what America has come to! Pathetic!!!

PENNSYLVANIA: 5-year-old Kindergartner labeled 'Terrorist Threat' - Suspended for Toy Bubble Gun remark

MOUNT CARMEL, Pa. (AP) — A 5-year-old Pennsylvania girl who told another girl she was going to shoot her with a pink toy gun that blows soapy bubbles has been suspended from kindergarten.

Her family has hired an attorney to fight the punishment, which initially was 10 days but was reduced to two.

Attorney Robin Ficker says Mount Carmel Area School District officials labeled the girl a "terrorist threat" for the bubble gun remark, made Jan. 10 as both girls waited for a school bus.

Ficker says the girl didn't even have the bubble gun with her and has never fired a real gun. He says she's "the least terroristic person in Pennsylvania."

School district solicitor Edward Greco tells pennlive.com ( Attorney: Girl, 5, in trouble for chatting about shooting bubble gun | PennLive.com ) officials are looking into the case. He said Friday school officials aren't at liberty to discuss disciplinary actions.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I read this earlier... I'm still trying to comprehend how a bubble gun is a lethal weapon. Well I guess the soap could get in the eyes of a child and cause minor irritation, but that is if the children are carelessly playing with said bubble gun.

Although I do wonder if there is a tad more to the story here, than they are willing to let on.

trekie4ever

I dunno bout this...having had soap in my eyes and mouth this is some serious stuff. I don't mean like that cheap off brand stuff I mean that high-grade quality stuff on the top shelf....

That's pure sarcasm BTW....