Physics idea

Keroscene

Re: Physics idea

When I think of rigidness I think of density. Which leads me to think of the densest object I can imagine (besides myself) which would be a black hole. Where matter is packed beyond comprehension. If the atoms in the wire were that close together would it work? The whole purpose of this thing is for its opposite end to move instantly, which would be faster than sending a signal at the speed of light... Is it possible to get atoms close enough together so when you push one atom the other atoms they're bonded to move at exactly the same time?

WhOKnOwS

Its impossible to build something with black holes. How would you do that ? I believe atoms have a minimun size, unless they belong to a black hole.

Keroscene

Its impossible to build something with black holes. How would you do that ? I believe atoms have a minimun size, unless they belong to a black hole.

I didn't mean it literally. I was just using blackholes as an example to illustrate how close atoms can possibly be.

I agree they probably have a finite size. Does an objects density or rigidness determine how close together the atoms are?

Num7

Administrator
Staff

It should be some material in a state that can't be compressed.

If instead of a wire, it was a pipe containing a liquid ?

Keroscene

It should be some material in a state that can't be compressed.

If instead of a wire, it was a pipe containing a liquid ?

I don't know. Like Harte siad, I can't think of any material that is perfectly rigid, or unchangeable. Even if we look at fluids used in hydraulics, like oil, they still go through a phase change when enough pressure is applied to them. I don't think there is anything that doesn't.

I really don't know, though. We'd have to imagine some kind of magical material that is unchangeable. If we're going to do that, we might as well imagine any desired effect for the machine as well.

DoctorZ

THinkharder is my alternate internet name

i sincerly think that in time travel physic does not apply ,
why may i say
well on one side no known scientist are doing full time research on time travel and the constant dismissal each time someone come up with new idea .

Keroscene

That's all good and well, but this thread or the device I'm thinking of isn't really about time travel in the classical sense, though.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Hey, what about quantum physics ? I'll need to read that wikipedia article again.

BlaqueJacques

You just have to quantum tangle 2 particules, then have the mean to read spin change of the particles. Once entangled, the 2 atoms will react INSTANTLY ALIKE, so if you change the spin of a proton, the other one will change spin at the same time, no matter the distance.

It works, there were experiments done on this concept... I just don't know how far along developement is of this technology...imagine, UNLIMITED DISTANCE INSTANT COMMUNICATION...