Pictures Worth 1,000 Words: I Didn’t Join the U.S. Military to Fight For Al-Qaeda

Khaos

where the wild things are
When the army turns its back, on its commander and chief, that is the day of revolution.

I think we're getting close to one.

Samstwitch

Twitter Flooded With Active Duty Military & Veterans Opposing Attack on Syria

#IdidntJoin goes viral

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
September 2, 2013

A deluge of duty military personnel as well as many veterans are taking to Twitter to express their opposition to the Obama administration’s plan to launch an attack on Syria.

After numerous US servicemembers posted photos of themselves holding up signs on Twitter refusing to fight on the side of Al-Qaeda in Syria, the meme developed into several different hashtag trends, including #IdidntJoin and #VetsOnSyria.

Congressman Justin Amash, a vocal critic of the Obama administration’s build-up to war, has been inundated with tweets from active duty military members and veterans in anticipation of a House vote on authorization of military action which is set to take place next week.

As we reported earlier, opposition to an attack on Syria is by no means only reserved to regular servicemembers. Numerous top brass have also gone public to express their concerns and Pentagon officials are even leaking information in a desperate bid to derail the path to war.

Many members of Congress have expressed dissatisfaction at the evidence presented to them by the administration in behind closed door meetings.

In a related development, the French government released an intelligence report today which alleged “massive use of chemical agents” by the Syrian government last month. The report was “based… in part on dozens of videos culled by French intelligence services.” In other words, this damning “intelligence” report relies primarily on YouTube videos of the attack, which offer no clues whatsoever to who the culprits even were.

President Bashar Al-Assad also warned today that potential western military intervention in Syria could spark a “regional war,” adding that “chaos and extremism will spread” if Obama green lights an attack which he has signaled will take place no matter which way Congress votes.

CLICK ME
to read a selection of tweets received by Congressman Amash from current and former members of the military.

military 8.jpg

military10.jpg

military11.jpg

Samstwitch

The Mainstream Media is a propaganda tool that lies to the public. The Military Revolt is NOT a hoax!

MSM Claims Military Revolt Against Obama a Hoax

Rest of corporate media refuses to cover viral Twitter backlash against attack on Syria

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
September 3, 2013

The mainstream media has responded to the military revolt against Barack Obama’s plan to attack Syria by claiming that the viral #IdidntJoin Twitter trend is a hoax invented by pro-Assad hackers.

Despite numerous images of soldiers and veterans holding up signs expressing their vehement opposition to military intervention in Syria going viral, in addition to a plethora of other tweets that were sent to Congressman Justin Amash expressing the same sentiment, the International Business Times website claims that the photos and tweets are the work of Syrian hackers “impersonating” US military personnel.

The article postulates that the original picture of a Petty Naval Officer declaring his opposition to fighting on the same side of Al-Qaeda is an image of a man “simply dressing up.” The article erroneously implies that the Syrian Electronic Army, which posted the image along with several others during its hack of the official US Marines website, was responsible for creating the hoax.

In reality, the image is completely genuine. It was first sent to radio host Angel Clark who posted it on social networking websites, prompting a wave of other veterans and active duty military personnel to follow suit. Former Marine Corporal Michael Büssing labeled the IBTimes article “disgraceful,” pointing out that it didn’t even correctly identify the Naval Officer’s war medals and ludicrously referred to him as a “Navy marine”.

“I looked into the person’s background, and found that they were indeed located in the United States and a part of the Navy. I thanked them for their service, and told them I would make sure their message was heard. It’s against the law to make a political statement in uniform, so this person is risking their livelihood,” writes Angel Clark, who was responsible for circulating the first #Ididntjoin image.

Despite attracting thousands of posts on Twitter, the rest of the mainstream media in the United States has completely ignored the story, which if it received significant attention would undoubtedly put a huge dent in the administration’s case for military intervention.

Last week’s astounding story by Associated Press correspondent Dale Gavlak and Yahya Ababneh, which features admissions by rebels stationed in Ghouta that they were responsible for last month’s chemical weapons attack, has also been completely blacklisted by the corporate media.

View a selection of images below of both active duty and military veterans showing their support for the #IdidntJoin movement.

BlastTyrant

Problem is they joined, so they have no choice or it's treason or a dishonorable discharge.

I read about this also and a-lot of military people also say along with several of my active and not active duty friends. "You joined to server, where you are sent, where you go and what you are told to do is something that you agreed to when you signed up"

So i also believe that SOME of this is fake. But i also know everyone i know in the service whole heatedly agree this is BS

Samstwitch

U.S. Troops Oppose Striking Syria, Online Survey Suggests
An online survey of 750 active-duty U.S. troops suggests that opposition to striking Syria is "more intense" among military personnel than among the American public.

Military Times, a publication and newssite owned by Gannett Co. (not the federal government) reports that Troops oppose strikes on Syria by 3-1 margin | Military Times | militarytimes.com:

— "The survey conducted online Monday and Tuesday found that about 75 percent of troops are not in favor of air strikes in response to reports that the Syrian government used chemical weapons to kill civilians in that country."

— "A higher percentage of troops, about 80 percent, say they do not believe getting involved in the two-year-old civil war is in the U.S. national interest."

As the newssite points out: "About 64 percent of Americans oppose air strikes, according to a [News Poll published Monday] Opposition to Syria airstrikes rises as Republicans shift sharply against action ."

Military Times concedes that its survey is "an unscientific sampling of Military Times readers and reflects the views of many career enlisted members and officers."

But the survey results echo things that Blake Farmer of NPR member station WPLN was told earlier this week when he visited Fort Campbell, Ky. Ordinary Americans React To Calls For Strikes On Syria : NPR.

"Our military is tired," Geri Phillips, an Army mom, told Blake. "We're sick of it. We don't need to be in any more countries."

While "for the men and women in uniform, it's difficult to have a public opinion since the commander-in-chief has spoken," Blake reported, "a few have told me off the record that they hope Congress blocks the White House from going ahead with airstrikes."

Blake's report ended with this:

"I'm afraid this is just the beginning," added Deborah Piercy, who runs a shipping and greeting card shop just off post. Her husband fought in the first Gulf war, and she says Congress needs to consider all the steps before pulling the trigger in Syria.

"We have to show them that we're not afraid to do what we have to do. But I certainly hope they've thought long and hard about it," she says.

Piercy worries a U.S. strike will only prompt retaliation of some sort from Syria.