Pilr2004: A new reply to you

darkbreed

Re: Pilr2004: A new reply to you

I agree in your note about a "basic foundation", as well as the so called "positive" and "negative" people, but when it comes to the latter, I believe, from my experience, that it is more about their states of mind and personal energy than the so called "karma". The negative ones could turn into positive ones if they worked for it, and knew how to do it. This could also go the other way for the positive ones.. Some people strongly believe themself to be "negative" and full of "bad luck" etc, just like people who believe to be the opposite. And this belief can be enough to create such a reality for them.

When it comes to your note about gravitiy i don't really find it related, as gravity can be proved, your theories about Karma can not.

darkbreed

By the way, I dont CLAIM to be right about my ideas and meanings, I just feel to be right from my personal experience and matter within the areas I speak of. I could be wrong, like anyone could, however I do doubt I am wrong until I see proofs of the opposite.

I really enjoy conversating with you though:)

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"darkbreed\")</div>
When it comes to your note about gravitiy i don't really find it related, as gravity can be proved, your theories about Karma can not.[/b]

Indeed? I'd bet you a good amount of peanuts that if you kept a daily diary, and went out of your way to be negative and evil to other people, (not that we would ever do that) your life would change most dramatically within a few months.

I am no expert on this but I HAVE gone out of my way to disprove Karma to myself. So I am not speaking blindly about this.

As you are well read and knowledgeable yourself, I also enjoy this conversation.:D

darkbreed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Indeed? I'd bet you a good amount of peanuts that if you kept a daily diary, and went out of your way to be negative and evil to other people, (not that we would ever do that) your life would change most dramatically within a few months.
[/b]

I am sure it would, but that is not exactly related to Karma in my opinion. It would more be that of physical involment from other people, doing things back to you, not a spiritual thing in my opinion as Karma is defined to be. But we have laws, rules, morals and ethics - as well as our own personal feelings and meanings. These things could hit back on you, but i dont see that related to Karma.

One example. You go beat up my younger brother, I go back beat up you. Was that action I did back to you because of karma, or simply because I wanted to give you a lesson back? I could choose to do something back or I could choose not. Would that mean someone else would do something if I did not?

StarLord

Thats a good example but I think a nonviolent type of interaction was what I had in mind. 50% of the jury could argue that yes, the lesson that was given in retaliation could be a form of karma.

I was speaking of something like a daily 'taking advantage of the system' lets say daily theft from a company, cheating customers in change all day, Thinking harm towards other people most of the time, backbiting or spreading malicious / false stories about people....

Eventually that will catch up to a person and they will have to 'balance' the situation out somehow. Sooner or later we have to 'pay the piper'

There is no such thing as free lunch.

darkbreed

Are you sure? IF there is such a thing as karma, then the thief could be the one performing the bad karma against the victim as well, in other words meaning the victim is getting what he deserved from something he had done. To me it doesnt seem quite right. That would be like saying that what a person gets in life is what he deserves anyway and there's nothin he could do about it. I dont feel that idea to be correct from my experience in life and spirituality

StarLord

You have presented me with an excellent opportunity to explain further and perhaps a little deeper.

The person, before being born here decided that he wanted to explore and learn all there is about being a thief and stealing from other people. He is born, as he grows up he has many chances to steal and experience being a thief. Wether or not he learned from these experiences, will be exhibited by the fact that he still continues to do so. When he has had his fill of this and decides that he no longer wished to steal, he has decided within himself to drop the habit. That particular karmatic lesson is no longer of value to him, regardless of the reasoning behind his decision, the lesson still remains.

The ONLY thing we leave this world with is our experience.

darkbreed

So, you are saying, that Karma is something we ourself have decided to happen to our coming lifes before we are borned? Then what if my decition was to not have any Karma, and experience how to be free from this, and instead develope from experiences in my life rather than premade decitions before birth?

CaryP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"darkbreed\")</div>
So, you are saying, that Karma is something we ourself have decided to happen to our coming lifes before we are borned? Then what if my decition was to not have any Karma, and experience how to be free from this, and instead develope from experiences in my life rather than premade decitions before birth?[/b]

Unfortunately darkbreed, Karma doesn't work that way from what I understand. You can't just "chuck it" because you don't want to learn or pay your karmic debt. I'm no expert here, and there are others here who are more in tune with all of this. If I'm correct, Karma is something you understand from the "other side" and you accept it, because it gets you further along in your learning. You get to pick your parents, you life circumstances, etc. to help you learn what you need to learn and to balance out your karmic scales. You got some bad karmic payback? You might choose to have some harsh circumstances on your next life. Maybe some deformaties, accidents, violent death, etc. Unfortunately, I can't elaborate a lot more than that, and I'll let those that have a keener and deeper appreciation/education of the whole "karma" thing expand here. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just giving my interpretation of the little bit I learned so far.

My damned two cents worth. Interesting thread and convo between darkbreed and StarLord. Thanks guys. I'm enjoying this so far.

Cary

darkbreed

Thanks for the input CaryP, and nice to hear you like the convo.
I do understand the ideas and theories of Karma. But I think peoples opinions and definitions of it can be different from eachother. After all the belief of Karma is ancient. And it is something that was taught from person to person, like any knowledge. If one never heard of Karma, would one then even think of it, believe in it, have any ideas of it at all? How did the ones who originally came with the Karma idea come up with it, did they somehow experience it and remember it from past lifes, that there is this spiritual univeral rule? Or did they maybe just assume? After all, there is all kind of different beliefs when it comes to spirituality and religions. And who are right?

For me this is hard to answer, and I would just keep following my own personal experiences and the knowledge i have gained, and still continue to gain for eternity.

I am not saying there is absolutely no such thing as Karma, I just have never seen, experienced or felt anything that suggests such a thing. And i do have some long experience with spiritual aspects of reality. Actually, it was a spirit who taught me how to experience and be aware of spirituality and the non-physical reality. He has taught me many things, and by his help i have been able to experience and gain knowledge about a lot, as well as deeper understanding about myself, life, death and existence etc. And I am very thankful for this, and have great respect to my "spiritual mentor"

I am planning to write some about His teachings sometime later, but I don't feel its the right moment quite yet.