Pleasantville

HDRKID

Pleasantville movie is on Netflix now. Two 90's teenagers time travel to April 1958 and a 50's B&W sit com show via a special TV remote from an enigmatic television repair man. Both are confronted with 50's values and ideas quite different than the ones they grew up in. How will they change the 50's? They bring a bit of 90's magic.

Back in the 90's people were nostalgic for the 50's, but people are nostalgic for the 90's now. It is the same reason. A lot more jobs, a lot less crime.

50's had a combination of high wages
and low consumer prices.

CNN - Review: 'Pleasantville' more than pleasant -- it's brilliant - October 23, 1998

Last edited:

Ike

Nah, the 80's is what's nostalgic right now for these vaporwave millenials

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

bluejay_1919

I'm in my thirties, and I think the 90's had some of the best alternative rock music ever.

My hubby works in education and the 90's and some 80's are definitely in style...even the styles that should be LEFT in the 80's or 90's!!

I am really liking some of the men's hairstyles that have the 1920-1940's gentlemanly look. I'm glad those are coming back in. I'm in love with those time periods.

The 1950's never really intrigued me as much but I've watched Pleasantville many times. Never gets old...it's just a good and unique movie.

TimeFlipper

Seems like a mish mash of several time-travel movies stuck together, ahh well i suppose i will have to add it to my ever increasing numbers of time travel movies :D.
Has anyone seen the Philadelphia Experiment 2, where the Germans get hold of a stealth bomber and win the second world war?

steven chiverton

Seems like a mish mash of several time-travel movies stuck together, ahh well i suppose i will have to add it to my ever increasing numbers of time travel movies :D.
Has anyone seen the Philadelphia Experiment 2, where the Germans get hold of a stealth bomber and win the second world war?
got it today its im my collection now

steven chiverton

yes ive got that dvd to the philadelphia experiment 2012 its called on the cover about the stealth bomber the germans got