political mud slinging.....

artsouth

Re: political mud slinging.....

im a leo actually... sorry for cut and pasting... i wasen't aware that was taboo.im still new to the forum thing, my apologies....

artsouth

yes he is a genius in the fact that he knew just what groups of americans to play savior to... hes gonna save america and the world, from the terrible sinners.....and they took it hook ,line and sinker....the other part... " blitheing idiot" well if thats not part of the act ? then it needs no further explanation. i don't hate him . i hate what he represents... he is just the front man... whom ever is trying to destroy this county is higher up and are presenting him too the target groups as their "messiea"to get them worked up ... and it worked! now the right, middle ,and the left are all against each other ,and the evangelicals are trying to take everything back 200 years... they are the farthest thing from christ like, they have an agenda , that you can bet has money involved .christ himself would never do as they are ... christ wouldent, have anything to do with war,killing inocent people,ect . he wouldent bar anyone from a church... and he would not condone judgeing anyone .. "judge not less ye be judged"........ the bible warns of false prophits... im not sure who these people represent ? but it certainly is not christ.....

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"artsouth\")</div>
yes he is a genius in the fact that he knew just what groups of americans to play savior to... hes gonna save america and the world, from the terrible sinners.....and they took it hook ,line and sinker....the other part... \" blitheing idiot\" well if thats not part of the act ? then it needs no further explanation. i don't hate him . i hate what he represents... he is just the front man... whom ever is trying to destroy this county is higher up and are presenting him too the target groups as their \"messiea\"to get them worked up ... and it worked! now the right, middle ,and the left are all against each other ,and the evangelicals are trying to take everything back 200 years... they are the farthest thing from christ like, they have an agenda , that you can bet has money involved .christ himself would never do as they are ... christ wouldent, have anything to do with war,killing inocent people,ect . he wouldent bar anyone from a church... and he would not condone judgeing anyone .. \"judge not less ye be judged\"........ the bible warns of false prophits... im not sure who these people represent ? but it certainly is not christ.....[/b]

Artsouth,
While I certainly can agree with you on the cynicism of our political leadership and on the mindset of some evangelicals, I fail to see why you consider this particularly the case with Bush. As I see it he is no worse (or better) than any of our recent Presidents in this area. Candidates either, for that matter.

It has become the case that anybody seeking the higher offices of the government here must profess their faith, regardless of their true intentions or beliefs. I see this as more of a function of the press playing "gotcha" and the fact that what used to be called the "Moral Majority" represents a valuable voting bloc. I feel that most of what you see as forcing a religious viewpoint on others, I see as pandering for these votes. Please believe me, I find both such activities to be disgusting.

Additionally, I have not observed any trends toward the "destruction of our country" that were not there before Bush took office. Most of the trends of government that I see have roots in the 50's and 60's, in fact. This is not to say that I agree with the direction the country is taking on any issue.

To my knowlege, the only established religion that bars anyone from a church is the Mormons. Mormons will not allow people of their own faith into a temple if there is any evidence that they are "impure" (i.e. living in sin, married to a non-mormon, illegitimate children, etc.)

Let me end with the assurance to you that the vast majority of churches out there are not after your money, what they want is your soul. High profile charlatans on both sides of the political spectrum (Pat Robertson, Al Sharpton) recieve most of the press attention and often these types purchase TV airtime and even TV networks but, aside from the handful of bad apples such as these, the rest of the community of churches only wants what's best. You may not agree with many of them on exactly what that is, but they are not activist, they do not insist that you join their church and there are plenty of denominations out there that you probably would find agreeable to your mindset of values. Many evangelicals oppose the war in Iraq, for example. Churches support aid to people in need, domestic and foriegn. Churches provide valuable community services such as places for kids to meet and play, BSA sponsorship, AA sponsorships, etc. There are denominations of the Church of Christ that only ask that you believe in the resurrection, you need not believe in any of the rest of the Bible, and they're OK with that. My problem is, I can't even go as far as to believe that much.

Harte