Question about God..

Justinian

Okay.. so for the sake of argument here and to hopefully stop half the posts that could come of this.. Let's base this on the assumption that God is real. Whether it be a god of any name doesn't matter.. only God we'll just generalize here.

I'm kinda stealing from one of the time travel posts, but let's run with it..

If some "being" showed up one day and said he was God, how many people would believe him? I mean if he grew himself to be 100ft tall and shot lightning bolts from his finger tips and told everyone he was God. I still think that some people would think he was some sort of Alien or magician.

Peregrini

You are indubitably correct.
Part of the disbelief might be because God chooses to 'not' reveal himself to some and others simply because they refuse to believe in something higher than themselves... new-agey I am the center of everything... it's all about self and self awareness. Some because of man's separation from God because of sin.

JTFriend

God is easily knowable as the Mighty I AM Presence:
I AM Presence - God Self - Great I AM

We don't have wait for God to show up and reveal Him/Herself, all you have to do is put your attention on your Presence and see its reality in your life.

Apocalypse

Okay.. so for the sake of argument here and to hopefully stop half the posts that could come of this.. Let's base this on the assumption that God is real. Whether it be a god of any name doesn't matter.. only God we'll just generalize here.

I'm kinda stealing from one of the time travel posts, but let's run with it..

If some "being" showed up one day and said he was God, how many people would believe him? I mean if he grew himself to be 100ft tall and shot lightning bolts from his finger tips and told everyone he was God. I still think that some people would think he was some sort of Alien or magician.
That is what happened. A "god" tricked the slave leader Moses into following him; at the base of Mt. Sinai(?). Using hypnotic suggestions, and a few basic aesthetic tricks, it conned Moses into promoting the list of 10 abandonments amongst his slave prisoners. Slave-Leader-Moses believed that he was in witness of God, and instructed his Slaves accordingly, when he returned to them. Since then, EVERY Slave has believed in, and followed, the 10 Abandonments to the letter.

EDIT: Unlike how the bible describes it, Moses was Egyptian too; neither Jewish nor Greek.

trekie4ever

Your "God" is false.
There's a great saying for people like you.

"There will be no atheists or unbelievers in Hell."

I find it annoying how quickly you say people are wrong. Why not say your opinion and leave it at that.

To the topic. The Bible says that a false god is exactly what will happen first.

I also don't imagine that God will be revealed in a light show comparable to Zeus on ecstasy.

My personal view of God would suggest the most plausible form or Revalation a truly transcendental event. All minds and hearts will touch a Universal all encompassing being: A 'taste of Nirvana'. It is already here because all came from It, but we have lost touch with It. Some will be overwhelmed and reject it while others who have prepared will be ready and accept.

Apocalypse

Your "God" is false.
There's a great saying for people like you.

By that, am I to "assume" that you mean "I am an athiest" [referring to me]?

You're one of the many "believers" whom fail to see the false logic and reasoning ontained within your VEDIC-HYMN-BASED MYTHOLOGY.

And, why should YOU be allowed to spread false, unprovable, and dogmatic, facts about history, and not have your truth questioned? Why should we all be CONVERTED, simply because YOU believe in the ABOMINATION?

HDRKID

The God I follow takes care of those who follow him, and says:

MATT 6
28 “And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
30 “But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
31 “Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’
32 “For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

day_lily_red.jpg

Monk87

Umm, Apocalypse I believe the original post said "assuming God is real".....

So to get back to the topic: It would be difficult to completely believe a being claiming to be God. There are so many other beings that would like to trick you in believing they are God.

I personally would try to come up with some "trials" for the entity.

Khaos

where the wild things are
With our knowledge of the world and what lies outside our atmosphere, probably not. Now if it were a few hundred or thousand years ago, with little knowledge, probably so.

Anyone can claim to be anything. For example, the internet. Its a great tool. Look how many people actually believe in John Titor. Or believe in Slenderman. Both were created with the internet. I could claim to be a wealthy billionaire, show off pictures of houses and cars, and claim they are mine, people will believe me, but at the same time, others will not.

In the end, you cannot have one without the other, no matter how hard you try, there will always be someone who doesn't believe, while the other believes.