Questions (long, but pls read if you have time)

Anon1986

Questions (long, but pls read if you have time)

Ok first let me start off by saying I never thought I would find myself posting here. Time travel, physcics and everything else that falls under this category is not somthing I often think about.

However, things have happened to me for many years now that I just can not disregard anymore. I'm 18 years old and a college student. For as long as I can remember things have been happening to me that I just cant explain. Let me stress the point that I think (no offense) that some of you are a bit weird for believing some of the stuff I see you all post about, but then again let me say Im not sure what to believe anymore.

Ill start with some specific examples of things that have been happening to me for many years now; things that Ive disregarded each time they happen. There have been many times when I say to myself, "Ok I need to start collectively writing some of this down", but for some reason I never do. But Im starting now.

Let me begin my examples from when I was in grade school. Each morning I would get up and get in the shower. When I would get out of the shower I would always look at the digital clock in my kitchen to see if I was running late. The bathroom was connected to my kitchen, so I would look out and around the door and the digital clock on the other side of the wall.

Heres where it starts (or at least as far back as I can remember). As I would go to look at the clock to see what time it was, I would know the time a split second before I looked at the clock. Im not saying I would sit there for a minute and say to myself "let me try and guess what time it is". Im saying that unconsciously I would know the exact time, down to the exact minute, within a split second before I saw the clock. For example, I would pop my head around the corner...somehow I would just know, I wouldnt see it visually I would just know it was say, 8:03, and sure enough as soon as I caught a glimpse of the clock it was exactly 8:03. This happened so fast that there really wasnt even enough time for me to stop and say, wait..I just realized what time it was. There would only be about a second between me knowing the time and then actually looking at the clock.

I did this ALMOST every day, and each time I did it, I did it without thinking about it. Each time I looked at the clock I had nowhere in my mind that I was going to try and guess the time. In fact, I can remember actually realizing it one morning before I looked at the clock, trying to guess the time, and it didnt work, I was at least a few minutes off. However, this occured almost every day, for a very long time. It got to the point where I just could not dismiss this anymore as a coincidence, as much as I wanted to.

Another time related issue is the fact that I often look at the clock at exactly 3:11. 311 is my favorite band, but I've noticed time and time again that I will look at the clock at this exact time. You could argue with this one that well, if I look at the clock often Im bound to see that number eventually. Its not like that. This happens at the most random of times. I've even woken up at night, looked at my clock and its said 3:11, time and time again. Again, I can no longer disregard this as a coincidence.

The next thing gets a bit confusing, but here it goes. At times I will see somthing, think its something else, realize what it is, and then just seconds or minutes later actually see what it is I thought I had seen just moments ago. For example, I will see a person in a random place that either reminds me of someone, or I actually think its the person. It then turns out to be a different person all together, but THEN, I see the person I was thinking of just moments later. This has happened with people, objects, you name it. Again, its happened to me so many times over the course of my life that I can no longer disregard it as a coincidence as much as I would want to.

For so long I have been saying to myself that I am going to collectively write this stuff down, but for one reason or another I never do, usually because I forget. But then it happens again, and I say the same thing, yet I forget to actually do it.

And here is why I am posting this today, finally getting this crap off my chest after not saying anything to anyone about it for so long.

I recently watched the movie Donnie Darko up at school. I found the movie to be extremely interesting. Give me a sec to explain how my next part comes together with this.

While at school today, my roommate downloaded some old episodes of Pete and Pete from nickelodeon. I used to watch this show all the time. Anyway, we're watching an episode where Pete is trying to remember a song played by a garage band (im pretty sure its the band that does the intro to the show). Pete had set up a radio station in hopes of finding the song. I remembered parts from the episode, so I said to my friend somthing like "He remembered the song so clearly, but with each passing moment he could feel it slipping away." My friend said somthing like "holy sh** I cant believe you remembered that", because a few seconds after I said it Pete had said the same thing. This isnt the weird part of course, because anyone can remember a line from a show. Heres the weird part.

I come home from college today because its my dads birthday this weekend. I borrow the movie Donnie Darko from my friend because I wanted to watch it again. For those of you who havent seen the movie, its basically deals with time travel, and physical predestination (I guess thats what you would call it when you mean that whatever someone does is already predecided). Anyway, I come home, and Im watching this movie again with my dad. Im reading some world of warcraft forums because I play the game. So im reading through these forums and I click on a random post, where the poster says Im going to say a word and whatever comes to mind just say it. So I'm looking through these posts and the random stuff people are writing, and listening to/watching the movie at the same time.

Its at a part where Donnie is in therapy. Hes hypnotised and at one point he says the name Christina Applegate. What happens next? As I'm scrolling through these posts, 10 seconds later I scroll down a few posts and someone just randomly says the name "Christina Applegate". Thats it, just the name, nothing else.

This time I took note of it. I didnt disregard it as Ive been doing for years.

After the movie is over, I started looking through the cut and deleted scenes on the DVD. I come to one deleted scene in particular where Donnie says, "Did you ever wake up from a dream and remember it so clearly, but with each passing moment you can feel it slipping away?" It hit me. Where did I hear this before, was it somewhere else in the movie? No, I had said almost the exact same thing about a completely random show that I havent watched in years, just earlier today.

These are the things that have been happening to me for as long as I can remember. Each time, I dismis them and think nothing more of it. But this time I am not doing this. I'm sitting there and thinking to myself "you know what, Im finally going to get up and say somthing"..and my first though was hey maybe I can find a forum online that was somehow related to the topic. So I googled something like "time forums" "time travel forums" "future forums" and a bunch of different combos to try and find somewhere to post. This forum came up at the top of the list so I said well why not.

I needed somewhere to vent and I guess this was that place.
Again, I really want to stress that Im not just typing this whole thing out because Im bored or have nothing better to do, but because I really felt I had to say somthing, but somthings going on and I just cant put my finger on it.

Let me leave you with this last example, one that happened right now.

When I began typing this post, I had a quick thought in my head "wouldnt it be funny if somehow this didnt get posted" or somthing to that extent. Anyway, I didnt think twice about it and just started typing away. I typed for almost an hour straight.

I had just created my log in name, yea i wasnt too creative with it but I didnt want to give my name so i just typed anon and the year I was born. So like I was saying, I typed the entire thing out for an hour, I go to post and it says Im not logged in. I hit back, and the ENTIRE post was gone. It was right then that I remembered my initial thought of "it would be funny if this didnt get posted somehow".

I was about to give up but instead I typed the entire thing over again, and this time made a copy of it incase the same thing happened. Hopefully this time it wont, but Ill get this posted somehow.

Again, let me stress that Im not all into this stuff. Take this post for what you want, but I am not lieing about any of it. Honestly, it doesnt really matter to me if someone doesnt believe this because Im just happy I got this crap off my chest.

If anyone maybe knows of a more appropriate forum to post this in please let me know.
Thanks alot for reading, and Im very sorry for the length of the post.
Please let me know if any of you have ever had a similiar experience, and if so whats your take on this whole deal?
Thank you again for reading, its late and there are probably alot of spelling errors here and I apologize, but I'm tired so Im going to sleep.

Heinrich Hundekok

Re: Questions (long, but pls read if you have time)

Hey Anon1986,

Welcome to the forum! It's an interesting letter you wrote, and I enjoyed reading it. Don't worry about some people beeing weird in here, I thought the exact same thing when I joined a few weeks back, but I'm sure that you'll find most folks in here quite down-to-earth just like yourself.
Some of the reasons that people use this forum is that they are generally curious and wants to challenge their view of the world and/or that they've experienced "something" apparently unexplainable, like your experiences with clocks and wants to figure out what's happening.
It appears to me that most people in this forum are generally sceptic about drastic theories like UFO's building the pyramids, government hiding evidence of super-weapons and even time travel. But you'll probably meet people in here that believes all of these theories, too.

You seem down-to-earth and pretty sceptic about "seeing the future in dreams" and the like. But you can't ignore the fact that something is definitely happening, that requires a bit more explaining than your science teacher might be able to do. This is pretty much where I stand, too.

The only sort of "advice" or "explanation" that I might be able to give you, is to read about the psychologist Carl Gustav Jung. He's one of the most famous psychologists ever - he was a pupil under Siegmund Freud, which I'm sure you know. During his life he had lots and lots of experiences of the exact same type as the ones you tell about! He couldn't explain them, but he couldn't ignore them either. He figured out a number of very exciting theories, and the one that comes to my mind when reading your story is the one about synchronicity. I won't go too much into detail here, but I definitely think you'd find it all very interesting.

Besides, the experiences I've had all seem to point to the fact that the mind is extremely powerful. Don't get me wrong here, I'm NOT talking about "spirituality" or "atral travel" or making objects float and the like... I'm still down-to-earth. When I say that the mind is extremely powerful, it is because it - at least to an extent - creates the world that we live in!

To understand what my point is, I'll give you an example. A couple of years back, when I went to scool, I'd almost always use the same toilet, either if I had to take a pee or if I were thirsty and so on. I guess I'd use that particular toilet simply because it was the one closest to the door - doesn't matter. Anyway, the point is that in the toilet there was a mirror hanging over the sink. No surprise. Every time I went there, the first thing I'd see was a glimpse of myself in the mirror. But the strange thing is this:
One day I'd go there and as usual I caught a short, clear glimpse of myself in the mirror. I'd even look myself into the eyes for a short while. But then I suddenly realized that the mirror was not there!
It had probably been taken down by the janitor. I was startled. How was this possible? The glimpse had been perfectly clear - indistiguishable from all the many other times that I'd experienced the same thing.

Anyway, my explanation to all this is - as said: Our minds create the world around us. My brain "knew" what to expect when I entered that room, and it "rendered" it to me, as it thought it would look! Including the mirror that had always been there - even including me in it!

And I come to wonder... How often does this happen to me? How about all the other times that I went to the toilet? Ho about the entire world around us? How much of that is real, and how much is just memory or even imagination rendered "real" by our brains?
This, I think, could account for your "clock" experiences. A lot of people - it seems - experience something similar. You can read about it in this forum too, I think. At least you used to, but there was a major server breakdown some weeks back, and I'm not sure they restored all topics yet...?
Point is, you always know what time it is. Always. Everyone looking at a clock regularly at least does. The information is just not available to our conciousness, but it's there anyway. Our minds keep a lot more track with our surroundings than we think, and this is why we sometimes experience small "predictions" like yours. The only question here is really why these small bits of information suddenly pop into our minds... or if there even is a reason.
I'm not going to write about that here, but I'm sure others will. Feel free to believe them or not and say it to them - no one here takes offense on that (or at least they shouldn't ;) ). I hope that you can find some use to what I've been saying here. Good luck!

H.H.

XDrFirefly

Welcome to the forum, This was a good place to post your story.

Let's begin with the time. I have something similar. I can wait up within 5 mins of anytime someone tell me. (when I was younger and used it more I could get it down to 2 mins.) I also have a time I see outside of the random. 11.37 is my time. We can talk about this more if you like...

Next, We will begin with The Adventures of Pete and Pete. This show, hmm how to say thing without sounding like a weirdo freak... I guess I can't. That show explained thing that were outside the normal realm of understanding. It's a great guidance if you need it. Pete and Pete will always show you the way. It's also great entertainment, but if you watch more you'll understand that the show has just alittle more, and you can never put your finger on it... It's the guidance. It's fine if this part of the post you think i'm weird and crazy. With what I wrote I gues I total understand. ;)

Here is how i'd explain it all in a nutshell, you are lucky you are in touch with something like a sixth sense, maybe you can see in parallel world, maybe you can time travel a few second in time, maybe you have something else that no one can really explain right now. Just understand that it's a good thing. Learn to understand it. I will give you this one warning though. Alot of "normal" people will just think you a kid with a crazy story or maybe that you've done to much acid. So. just be careful who you share your story with. Alot of people are cool, but alot of people also DONT want to beleive in something outside of their little bubble...
If you'd like to chit chat, IM or Email me.

Dr FF

Anon1986

Hey guys, thanks for replying. I will definetly have to look into reading about Jung and Syncronicity as you recommended. That story about the mirror was very interesting seeing as how it seems very similiar to my clock situation.

When you used the word "rendering" it brought somthing to mind. Currently I am a computer science major, and its because of this that Ive come up with my own little theory on this situation.

First let me start off my saying that I do believe in God, however I have a bit of a different idea on the subject.

I look at life as a very, very complex program, God being the programmer. I believe that what we do is predestined, and we follow the course of this set "program" if you will. God being the creator of this program that we know as existance can freely manipulate what occurs and what will occur. This is just a little idea I came up with to help me possibly get a better idea of what is going on. Now, since time is predestined, its already set that I would be looking at that clock each morning, and so somehow maybe since it was already decided that I would be seeing the time, I would just know it a second ahead of time. I dunno, just a thought, but again I will definetly look into Jung's books.

Now, its interesting that you brought up Pete and Pete again. Here is why.
I can remember a long time ago watching the show on tape with my friend. My friends dad made a comment that the show had gone off the air because it was ahead of its time. Ok, so now Im watching an episode with my roommate...its the same person I watched the show with a long time ago. Im rooming with my best friend. Let me explain this part so its less confusing.

The person who downloaded the episodes lives next door to me. Off the hallway there is a door, with a common room. There are 3 rooms inside this common room, with two people to a room, so technically I live with 5 other people, 6 including myself. Anyway, my roommate in the next room over has these downloaded. Were watching an episode. My ACTUAL roommate (who lives in the same room as me), the kid I watched the show with over at his house a while back, makes the comment that this show went off the air because it was ahead of its time...hes basically just repeating what his dad had said a long time ago, but I clearly remember his dad saying that.

When you mentioned somthing about this show it just brought that comment to mind..it was somthing I found interesting. Just wanted to point that out.
Anyway, again thanks for the replies thus far.

Now each time I post here I feel for some reason that I must restate the fact that I am a down to earth person who wouldnt normally be discussing this kind of thing. I feel I need to say this just to make that point clear. Im sorry for saying earlier that I felt some of you were a bit weird on these subjects, I just wanted you to know where I was coming from.

It seems now that every day I become more and more intrigued by whatever it is that is going on, and from what Ive seen, yes, somthing definetly is going on, and I hope someday I will better understand just what the hell it is.

XDrFirefly

Your God, Programer theory is similar to my Video Game Theory. quick in a nutshell. We are someone's video game (God maybe). We have freewill,(kind of like when you let Simcity or The Sims run by itself for awhile) but from time to time the player wanted to play with out life, so we lose control happens.(something outside of our realm of understanding). The dinosaurs were Version 1, maybe maya, and other people were v2. "The player" just gets the patch and upgrades. So, this means that all of the stuff from the first patches are here, but the player choose to not play them. Now, to some of the science twist of things. If the stuff is still here we can get it. So, thats what we are figuring out with the DNA, and Cloning and all that good stuff. We can play our own game. We just have to understand the controls. Works together science and god theory.

Oh yeah, if you want to talk more about the Pete and Pete Factor just let me know. But, here is something to think about. At least just read over the show title and descriptions. I think you'll see some neat ideas be expressed.

Dr FF

Anon1986

Aside from reading up on syncronicity, I feel I have to say something regarding my situation. Ever since I actually started looking into this I have found it to be happening much more frequently.
Im not saying this because Im actually looking for it, its just happening. Things have happened to me within the past few days that just seem incredible, and for some reason it seems the more I look into it the more it actually happens.

Again let me stress the point that I'm not "looking" for it to happen, and I'm not ready to jump at any possibility I see. Its happening when I'm not paying attention, and its happening CONSTANTLY, almost to the point where its just getting a bit scary.

Let me give you an example. I'm sitting in my US history class tonight (its a night class), and my professor happens to mention something called Tabula Rassa, which translates into english from latin as clean slate. I've never heard this term before in my life. After class I was just surfin around online through some PC game forums, and come across a forum that I hadnt seen before called...you guessed it, "Tabula Rassa", which is the title of a new upcoming mmorpg.

Now, if it was just this I could have passed it off as coincidence but, things like this have been happening to me repeatedly, constantly for lack of better words, to the point where passing it all off as coincidence is just rediculous. Sometimes I'll have two experiences like this nearly at once. Then more after that.

Like I said, I'm curious, but gettings a bit nervous, to the point where I just want to deny this and go on with whatever it was I was doing. Like I said, at the point of these things occuring I'm never actually thinking about the subject, usually somthing completely unrelated like school work etc. I know the Tabula Rassa thing doesnt sound like much, but put that together with some of the other crap thats happened to me today and yesterday and its just extremely...well I cant think of the word to describe this. Just thought I'd share that.

disclaimer: No , I'm not drunk, high, mental etc etc....althought I'm begging to question the mental part.

Timmy G

Greetings Anon1986,

Welcome to the TTF - good to have you here.

For starters, I can relate to what you are saying all the way around. Regarding the 'Time' factor - this is where I can relate completely. I can be without a watch for days, and when guessing the time I am usually within a minute or two. I believe that we have a mental clock inside us that is awesome. Regarding waking at specific times, once again - our mental clock.
A girlfriend and I were forever stuck on 123's... all the time. No matter when we came or went, looked at the clock, etc. it was 11:23, 1:23, 10:23, etc.

Life is truly fascinating. If you are one to hold a bit more than average energy, enjoy it.

Once again, welcome aboard.

Heinrich Hundekok

Hi Anon1986 and you others,

Just a few comments.

The reason i used the word "rendered" about what the brain shows us as "real" was exactly that I too think it resembles what happens in a computer program or even a game, as Dr XFirefly mentioned.
I've been building maps for counter-strike for some years, and one of the main problems is to build it in a way so - at all times - the computer only renders a small number of surfaces and only th surfaces that you can actually see while beeing at a certain spot. If you ie. run through a sewer to get unseen behind your opponents backs, the computer only draws the sewer. Or put differently: only the sewer exists! The rest of the map is just numbers lying dormant in the computers memory, ready to be pulled out when you look at them.

This corresponds well with some of the odder aspects of our "real" world. Take the classical "two-slit experiment" as an example. If light is sent towards a plate with two vertical and very thin slits in it, an interference pattern is displayed on the wall behind it. This is because the photons react as waves that interfere like waves on an ocean. But if you send off photons one at a time or in small bursts and at the same time measure which slit they go through, you will always see them as "particles" that goes through either one or the other slit, which makes interference patterns impossible. Put shortly:

If you look for waves, then that's what you'll find, and if you look for particles, then that's what you'll find. As if the light knew what it was supposed to do even before reaching the slits...

The world is - to some extend - defined or created by looking at it. Just like a 3d game.

Oh, and by the way...
Anon1986, you mention that more strange things have started happening since you started posting in here. Well, honestly I think that it is a coincidence! Happens to me too all the time - when I think about it !!!
A funny example: Just hours after I posted my reply to your letter, my girlfriend and I had to take a train to go visit my mother. I find a travel-plan on the net saying that I have to get on the train at.... well, you guessed it: 03:11 pm. If I hadn't read your post, there wouldn't have been anything curious about it, but now there was. It's in our minds! Remember - the mind is much more powerful than we think!
The trouble is that we people are great - magnificent! - at finding coherencies and connections between things. As a matter of fact we need there to be coherence, we need there to be reason! Few people accept that life is a mere coincidence and utterly deprived of sense, point or "meaning". The people who do are true atheists.
Most people need there to be a point with it all. It has been said that "Der Mensch lebt nicht vom Brot allein" which means something like "Man lives not from bread alone". The point is, humans need more than physical food, we need a point with our life as well, a reason, a "meaning" - something that is often provided to us through religion.
The trouble is that people often find coherence or "meaning" where there is none. This is called apophenia. In worse cases it shows up as the mental illness paranoid schizophrenia, in which people think the whole world has joined against him/her.

So be careful! All of you. ;) George W. Bush is a fine president, It's just your schizophrenia playing with your minds !!!

Well that wasn't even funny. But I'll give another funny example of this apophenia-thing. Ever read Douglas Adam's "the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" series? If yes, then you definitely have been wondering about the number forty-two, 42.
After reading this series I saw that number just everywhere! Still do 10 years after. See? It's the apophenia going on in my head, nothing more. And I believe that far most of what you've been experiencing can be explained that way too. No need of any God or aliens or conspiratory presidents - even though these might very well exist anyway!

My two cents. Have a nice time all of you!

H.H.

jurnee

i think i can relate to anon1986. i am younger than 18, but i have experienced similiar things. for example, like the 3:11 thing, i always saw 2:16. and, i sort of freaked myself out..

also, i always seem to know who is calling me on the phone. i know it sounds weird, and its not because i have caller id. i dont know, when it rings, a name or person just pops into my head, and i go pick it up, and its the same person! also, those 1 800 numbers are annoying, but after i "guess" in my mind, i go and check the caller id anyway to see if i was right. for me, it just seems like a coincidential lucky guess every time sort of thing.

and one more thing. i dont know if this has anything to do with time, but i'm always right about things. like when im with my friends, i tell them, "if u do that, you'll definitely be caught" and they are. and when they ask me stuff, i answer, and they argue with me, then someone comes by and we find out im right. maybe thats just because i'm sensible? no im just joking.

oh and i found this site - www.timetravelfund.com

check it out. i thought it was quite funny.. maybe even a scam. read the Q & A. the whole thing if u have the time.