Quitting smoking costs too much

Justinian

I've tried just about every method out there to quit. Last two times I tried Celexa and the time before was cold turkey.. Both times, my boss actually asked me to start smoking again because I was unbearable to deal with. It was a nice feeling even after only a month of not smoking.. But alas, I love the relaxed mental feeling that I get after that smooth smoke rolls down my throat. mmmm. Yummy. I'm sure in about another 20 years I'll be riddled with so much cancer that I'll make Ebola look like the common cold, but that's then, this is now. I smoke them after meals, when I get in a vehicle, when I wake up, before I go to bed, when I get bored.. I just like smoking. Oh and don't forget it makes me look cool too. :p

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I've tried just about every method out there to quit. Last two times I tried Celexa and the time before was cold turkey.. Both times, my boss actually asked me to start smoking again because I was unbearable to deal with. It was a nice feeling even after only a month of not smoking.. But alas, I love the relaxed mental feeling that I get after that smooth smoke rolls down my throat. mmmm. Yummy. I'm sure in about another 20 years I'll be riddled with so much cancer that I'll make Ebola look like the common cold, but that's then, this is now. I smoke them after meals, when I get in a vehicle, when I wake up, before I go to bed, when I get bored.. I just like smoking. Oh and don't forget it makes me look cool too. :p

I think you have to be really stubborn to successfully quit. The reason cold turkey works is because you have to actually create the mental willpower to do it. There is no drug that can create those willpower thoughts. I didn't quit because it tastes or feels good. Those were reasons to smoke for me. I never let those thoughts happen while I was quitting. Just ask yourself, who is the boss in your head? You, or some silly little urge...

Justinian

Quite honestly.. right now considering my track record. I'm going to have to say that silly little urge is the boss. But one of these days.. I'm gonna win. But until then.. I'm gonna keep inhaling.

Octavusprime

I believe there has to be a reason for quitting. Kids, health scares or family pressure could do it. If there is no drive you will never succeed.

Justinian

Yeah I agree. You know though.. I even got one of those e-ciggs. and it works nice. I don't even want a real cigarette when I use it. But you have to make sure it's charged. And being overseas, it takes sometimes a week or two to get mail here.. So if I don't plan accordingly, I gotta switch back to the real deal to get my nic fix. But, for anyone out there wondering, I do believe they work to because it's just liquid nicotine and not all the tars that gum up your lungs. But it's a lot better than the gum or the patch. Done those.. they don't work. And the Celexa pill.. it comes with a front and back legal size sheet of paper that's printed in like 6pt font and is listed by body part as far as the side effects. It worked. It really did. I quit for 3 months on that. But it makes some people crazy. And I was one of them. Almost lost my job over it, because I threw a chair and stuck it into the door at work. One of those 5 wheeled rolling chairs, I somehow stuck all 5 wheels in the door and the chair stuck there. Not something I'm highly proud of doing. After that my boss sat me down and we decided it was better to go back to smoking. I was having trouble differentiating reality from my dreams. When I was sleeping I was dreaming about going through my daily routines at work. and when I was awake I was also doing the same things... So I never knew if I was dreaming or awake. I was highly irritable. The day I had that "incident" it all came from somebody was making fun of me for something stupid. Normally I'm the best guy to make jokes of because I don't care what other people say. But those pills just tweaked something in my head. I also sat down with the doc and he took me off of them. And it took about a week to get it out of my system and some added sleeping pills to help, but I eventually came back to reality. So for those thinking pills are the option. I highly suggest you don't. My ex wife(wife at the time), tried them at one point too. And she's also normally a really calm person and she was having the same side effects. So this isn't just my own personal experience, I've seen it do the same to her. We went to a restaurant and her steak wasn't exactly how she ordered it cooked. She ordered well done and it was pink in the middle. She started yelling at the waiter, then the manager and stormed out. leaving me and the kids sitting at the table with me apologizing my butt off to them both. And left a sizeable tip to try and make up for it as well. We went took her off of them also after that.