Rate The Time Travelers

Phoenix

Rate The Time Travelers

On this scale rate how believable you find the time travelers you interacted with or read about.

X. This person is not a fake they just "have an odd view on life ".
7. There is no doubt this guy/gal is a time traveler.
6. I am not sure, but I almost know this person is telling the truth.
5. I have strong suspicions this person is telling the truth.
4. I am not sure one way or the other.
3. If I had to bet on it I would say this person is a fake.
2. I don't need to bet on it. This person is a fake. So what if I don't have " proof "?
1. I got your proof right here. This person is a liar.

?. Untrustworthy ( this rating will probably only be used by people who accept the reality of time travelers. It is used to describe someone who may or may not be a time traveler but who definately can not be trusted.)

Feel free to use the edit button to change your opinion of the time traveler as things transpire and add more time travelers to the list as you interact with more of them.

The Federation

Rate The Time Travelers

Its tough to rate any of them in my book Phoenix.

My problem is the lack of proof they are willing to provide hiding behind a prime directive of secrecy-yet they are on a message board chatting about the future.

John did provide some images along with his story which gives him more credibility, but the images were..unconvinveing. It seemed like there were better images he could have taken to prove his claim. Further more, where are the videos that we were promised upon his return? Also, I have read everything there is on Alex Titor and in my opinion he is probably a hoax.

Does anyone recall if Alex said he was from Boston?

Federation

CaryP

Rate The Time Travelers

Uh, Federation, I don't mean to burst the bubble, but Phoenix has been gone from this site for at least a month now. The video of Titor's "exit" have never been publicised according to Pamela, who was supposed to have gotten a copy - she never received one. I don't remember Alex saying he was from Boston, but that doesn't make it so. Maybe someone else can clear that up.

Cary

The Federation

Rate The Time Travelers

Originally posted by CaryP@Oct 9 2004, 10:14 PM
Uh, Federation, I don't mean to burst the bubble, but Phoenix has been gone from this site for at least a month now. The video of Titor's \"exit\" have never been publicised according to Pamela, who was supposed to have gotten a copy - she never received one. I don't remember Alex saying he was from Boston, but that doesn't make it so. Maybe someone else can clear that up.

Cary

My reply was for anyone.

Federation

Snow

Rate The Time Travelers

Originally posted by The Federation+Oct 10 2004, 12:15 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CaryP@Oct 9 2004, 10:14 PM
Uh, Federation, I don't mean to burst the bubble, but Phoenix has been gone from this site for at least a month now.? The video of Titor's "exit" have never been publicised according to Pamela, who was supposed to have gotten a copy - she never received one.? I don't remember Alex saying he was from Boston, but that doesn't make it so.? Maybe someone else can clear that up.

Cary

My reply was for anyone.

Federation
[snapback]11520[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Someday I am actually going to do this ratin thing! Anyone have a good list?

ZAROVE

Rate The Time Travelers

X. This person is not a fake they just "have an odd view on life ".

I'll give this to steven L. Gibbs. I think he's Honest, for what its worth, he just spent too many hours electrocuting his Brain...

TheoreticalUknown

Re: Rate The Time Travelers

Dear readers,

I highly doubt, although all possibilities remain, that a person would come back in time to explain to others the exact workings of time travel. For example lets say you live in an era where time travel is possible. Infact we can even say you solved this physical improbability. Why would you want to grant the privlidge of this Knowledge to a bunch of people whos, chances are, existences mean nothing to the progression of the TT's current universe. Now from what ive read on this site i understand that it is imposible to create a paradox, or a coutinuing existence of 1 intertwining universe. Kind of lke a broken record. So again why would one want to pass on the knowledge to a universe not their own? Even if it was possible to change your own past the risks of meddeling with it would not be worth it. Lets say a parent of yours died around the teenage years of your life. since you created it you travel back to change this. Aha a succes. you are able to save your parent from their own demise. This would drastically change your life. maybe your parents death triggered something that triggered something that triggered something, and so on and so on that was the reason you solved the time travel puzzle. or even worse caused you to die at an early age. also what would be the reason if all you could do was change another universe. But then one might ask what happens to the time traveler after they make this quantim leap? are they not trapped in the new universe with their alternate ego and alive parents? or do they return to their own time only to realize nothing has changed. unless travel from the second to back to the first was possible, in wich case you could only travel far enough back to live during the other universes discovery of time travel, which will never happen because if time is an equation then it is the same throughout universes, and the original universe would not want to pass this ability on to the second in fear that they would have the ability to change their (original) universe. if this is so then 2 universes are in existence right now. a new universe would not be suddenly created, pow outta thin air. instead it would have to have progresed enough to be up to speed with the existence of the TT's destination of time. If you want to know my personal ideas, and beliefs, i believe that a paradox can be created. as seen here
1. you travel backwards in time
2. you accidentally, or purposley kill someone which results in your death.
3. time resets itself to the point of the destination of time of the traveler, except history has changed and you and your parent die. call it fate if you will (i say god)
4. time progresses with the new events untill it reaches the point of wich you would have travelled in time and it does not happen.
5. therefore time travel does exist, it can happen, but wont untill someone discovers it and makes a choice which wont change their own event of traveling through time. therefore if you time travel, you bring your thoughts and ideas to the past, and can not change your life. (too much) first we have to understand sociology, Genetics, and math to 100% to know what every action results in.

Timmy G

Re: Rate The Time Travelers

Welcome to the Board TheoreticalUknown, good to have you here.

You have made some excellent points regarding TT, paradox & cause and effect. Keep up the good posts. :)