Recipe Swap

CaryP

Recipe Swap

Originally posted by Snow Fire Watches@Aug 28 2004, 12:21 PM
Gooey Butter Chess Cake sounds great! Is that supposed to be cheese cake? Just wondering . . .

I need a recipe that uses lots of honey. I was gifted with about half a gallon of honey - fresh, natural and delicious - but I don't know how I will ever go through it all. The guy who gave it to me told me I could freeze it - that is one thing I sure never knew - consider that my tip of the decade.

So - any tried and true honey using recipes out there you guys?

Thanks,

SFW

Snow,

Finally remembered to talk to the wife about honey recipies. Baklava popped out of the top of her head. There are many recipies for Baklava with a google search for "Baklava recipe" The wife also says it's very easy to make. The hard part is leaving it alone for the 4 hours usually recommended before eating it. There's also a site http://www.honey.com/ that has a lot of recipies using honey. Hope this helps.

Cary

Ralan

Recipe Swap

I just ate 15 thick oat biscuits dry in four minutes. It's the strangest sensation I've ever experienced. I think I may be having a near death experience.

CaryP

Recipe Swap

Originally posted by Ralan@Sep 6 2004, 08:09 AM

I just ate 15 thick oat biscuits dry in four minutes. It's the strangest sensation I've ever experienced. I think I may be having a near death experience.

LMAO! Try a pound of japaleno peppers washed down by a bottle of JD - probably close to the same experience. Was this intentional with forethought? Or did you accidentally eat the biscuits while not paying attention?

Cary

Ralan

Recipe Swap

The biscuits had been watching me for nearly a half hour from one corner of my desk where they had been 'left'. Suddenly I was distracted by a knock at the window. Finding, strangely, no-one there, I turned back to the screen to find my body possessed by the biscuits' demon powers. During the next four minutes I was forced against my will to eat 15 of them before finally regaining control of myself. Who can know what evil is even now slowly absorbing into the blood from my darkest digestive cavities?

Recipe Swap

This is a TimeTravelForumChat, USA specialty

Baked Rug:

1 Rug
1 Bottle of Love Seasoning

Put the rug on a baking tray and coat it with the entire bottle of seasoning. Throw it in the oven at 1000 degrees for 1 hour. Take it out, and serve.
It's best to have a chainsaw to cut threw this delicacy.