Retro Spectators

PoisonApple do you mean original space ghost or space ghost coast to coast? I used to watch cost to coast all the time. The early days of adult swim and all that stuff were fantastic~

anyone remember "the bugaloos" ? Another great show from my childhood.

promo2.jpg

or how bout the game "mastermind" ? I could kick ass at mastermind~

il_570xN.148347545.jpg
I liked both, but Space Ghost Coast to Coast was awesome! :D So many celebrity guest stars on it, too...

Captain Kangaroo

Captain_Kangaroo_promotional_postcard_1961.JPG

Shown here with (from left) Dancing Bear, Bunny Rabbit, the Captain, Grandfather Clock, Mister Moose, and Mister Green Jeans.

The captain regularly showed a cartoon - Tom Terrific - that I enjoyed:
GENE+DEITCH+CHARACTERS.jpg

Particularly Crabby Appleton. It was claimed he was "rotten to the core."

Harte

Howdy Doody is an American children's television program (with circus and Western frontier themes) that was created and produced by E. Roger Muir[1] and telecast on the NBC network in the United States from December 27, 1947 until September 24, 1960. It was a pioneer in children's television programming and set the pattern for many similar shows. One of the first television series produced at NBC in Rockefeller Center, in Studio 3A, it was also a pioneer in early color production as NBC (at the time owned by TV maker RCA) used the show in part to sell color television sets in the 1950s.

images

The Shows Professor Opmmur watched in the 1950's

Last edited:
Howdy Doody was before my time. I do remember Captain Kangaroo though. I can't believe how young and skinny he is there.

The Captain Kangaroo I watched as a kid was much heavier. I watched this guy~

Bob-Keshner-and-Cosmo-Allegretti.jpg

anyone remember JP Patches?

think.jpg

No, but he's kinda creepy.. :P lol
My dad says he was on Captain Kangaroo when he was a kid, I'm guessing it was a live audience of children? *shrug*..A bit before my time... ;)

Of course. Jimmy and his magic golden flute Freddy. Show was a trip.

Loved that show. It was made by the same people that made the bugaloos.