Rhonda and Caroline

Thalassa

When my boyfriend got a job in the city, his aunt went house hunting for us and found us a place. Neither of us had seen it, (and it was somewhat grotty), but the moment I walked in there I knew that it was somewhere I would never have chosen. It wasn't the location (it was a beautiful detached property at the top of a hill with spectacular views), it wasn't the fact it was a little grotty with cupboards stuffed full of junk (and the last occupants leaving condoms in the bedside cabinets), it was the atmosphere of the house which reminded me of a house I lived in as a kid. You could live there, but you always felt like you were a guest.

From the start it was impossible to heat the house; the heating never worked, and even when it did it was freezing. I hated to be alone there, and I didn't like to be in the bedroom on my own as it felt oppressive; if I was ever there alone, I kept the TV on when I slept.

I didn't know anything about the former occupants, but I got the impression that they had been a black family, and there had been a little girl attached to them called Rhonda. I never knew who exactly Rhonda was, but I kept getting the image of a little girl in the back room (which incidentally the infernal heating that never worked was in), she wore a purplish sriped top, had light brown afro style hair, and must have been about seven or eight years old. She also seemed to keep her legs tucked under her like she was jumping. I didn't get any impression about what had happened to her, and I never saw her with anything other than my third eye, and she seemed pretty harmless. It was confirmed to me that the former occupants had been black when the husband came to the house looking for a letter, and the mother one time called round when my boyfriend was at home looking for something.

Then the Caroline dreams began. All I can say for certain about Caroline was that she dressed in Antebellum clothing (but she wasn't from that era), lived somewhere in Texas (I don't even live in or near America), had an older twin brother, a cruel father and a mother who met a tragic end. In the dream her father found out she had been having an affair, took her to the woods, carved something into her back, tied her up, stuffed linen in her mouth, and covered her with a white sheet and left her there. I also dreamt that Caroline was being forced to eat, she was lying on a table with people around her, she grabbed my arm and said "Let me show you what happens when I don't want to eat", and I remember feeling a searing pain in my arm.
When I woke up I did my usual thing, get up, get out of bed, put on a jumper and go and use the computer before getting ready to go to work. My arm really itched....and when I was in the shower I noticed I had three deep scratches down my arm. I could have done it in my sleep, but I maintain it was unlikely, as these looked like claw marks (the type a cat would make), and since my nails are either brittle when I am not picking them, it could not have been me. But what was really weird was that after I had had these dreams, someone during the day would call me "Caroline" - and this happened both times I had them. One of the nurses said to another nurse about me (the first time I had it), "What is her name? Caroline?" The second time (and after the second dream) was when someone rang and said, "I think I spoke to someone called Caroline." I haven't had these dreams since leaving there.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
That's quite a story! Are you a psychic medium by any chance? Maybe little Rhonda is possibly a decendent from Caroline as well as a relative of the previous occupants? You said she was crouched down as if she were about to jump...Maybe she's showing that she's well enough to jump and play on the other aide? These are all just speculations of course...

Thalassa

I have had similar experiences at my parents house; I started dreaming I saw a little girl in a white grimy dress wandering around downstairs, I got the impression her name was Susie and she had been killed in a fire on the property long ago. When my parents renovated the room where I had seen her with the fireplace, the bricks around it showed evidence of scorch marks. I would also hear two people talking - a man and a woman, her voice was always the more dominant, and sometimes I would hear him call one of the dogs. The man was very modern looking, he had something of a sharp nose, and wore a blue Bermuda type top; I got the impression that he didn't actually die on the property, he may have been killed on the road. The woman wore a black top, had a long silvery dress that she held up with one hand, and grey hair wore in a bun. For the longest time I thought that she had no eyes as she seemed to have two gaping holes instead, however, I believe now she may have been blind - although I didn't get that impression at the time. What I did get though was the fact that she had some kind of inflammation in her hip or leg.