Right to review

Beholder

I have mostly stopped trusting online reviews due to all real reviews being taken down and flooded with obviously fake reviews written as marketing material by themselves, so what can be done to protect free speech in reviews about goods and services?

Should everyone get their reviews from the darknet to make sure that no evidence gets supressed, can we only trust friends and their friends, should an AI write all the reviews, or should companies still have some say in what gets taken down due to many fake negative reviews?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I saw articles a couple of a weeks ago, that companies paid for Rotten Tomatoes reviews, for specific movies. Planned and organized review bombing.

That's only one site. On RT, in particular, it's fascinating to spot movies with huge differences between the critics score and the audience score. Something's not right.

MODAT7

Amazon is really bad about that. I generally ignore the highest reviews and skim the middle to the lowest. When I sometimes write reviews, I'll usually include something I don't like about the product just to set me apart from the fake reviews. Before buying a product, I'll also sort the reviews by date. If there are a lot of recent negative reviews, they got another bad batch from china. I resent wasting so much time reading so many fake reviews (too many people lying about garbage products that failed manufacturing inspection), but with my health problems, I have a hard time getting out locally and getting my hands on the physical product.

IMDB also has some big differences between movie reviews of the critics and audience. I've watched some movies that seemingly got some decent reviews, only to end it early with "what the hell is this?"

Wind7

Staff
Reviews are a dime a dozen, never paid much attention to them.

Watch what you want to watch and buy what you wish to buy, man.
Most of all...There are ways to do your own research.

That's how I approach these things.

(y)

YMMV

Beholder

Reviews are a dime a dozen, never paid much attention to them.

Watch what you want to watch and buy what you wish to buy, man.
Most of all...There are ways to do your own research.

That's how I approach these things.

(y)

YMMV
I started to just return every item that lied in the description. Sometimes I get my money back.

8thsinner

I have mostly stopped trusting online reviews due to all real reviews being taken down and flooded with obviously fake reviews written as marketing material by themselves, so what can be done to protect free speech in reviews about goods and services?

Should everyone get their reviews from the darknet to make sure that no evidence gets supressed, can we only trust friends and their friends, should an AI write all the reviews, or should companies still have some say in what gets taken down due to many fake negative reviews?
This is where spiritual discernment comes in to play. It is the single most important skill humanity needs to learn in order to collapse the current parasitic system.
Learning to trust your heart and your soul over your eyes and your head.
Humanity will not survive without that ability to reconnect to their divine nature.

8thsinner

Amazon is really bad about that. I generally ignore the highest reviews and skim the middle to the lowest. When I sometimes write reviews, I'll usually include something I don't like about the product just to set me apart from the fake reviews. Before buying a product, I'll also sort the reviews by date. If there are a lot of recent negative reviews, they got another bad batch from china. I resent wasting so much time reading so many fake reviews (too many people lying about garbage products that failed manufacturing inspection), but with my health problems, I have a hard time getting out locally and getting my hands on the physical product.

IMDB also has some big differences between movie reviews of the critics and audience. I've watched some movies that seemingly got some decent reviews, only to end it early with "what the hell is this?"
Yeah, I do this too, anything I buy from the internet gets a long review that is as detailed as possible. Good or bad.