Rights We Have Lost

CaryP

Re: Rights We Have Lost

You're quite welcome Paul. I saw your post about the Bush admin. getting ready for something. I think it's going to be big. I'm sure you've noticed the new banrkruptcy laws which are sailing through Congress. It is expected to be signed by Bush in late April or early May. The new law was written by and is heavily supported by the credit card and banking lobby. The new law prevents bankruptcy filers from walking away from all debts in a Chapter 7, if they have the ability to pay some or all of their debt off through future income. Talk about enslavement. The lobby pushing this new version of bankruptcy is saying that the law is needed to prevent credit card abuse. A study by Harvard Univ. shows that about half of all bankruptcies is due to medical bills. Another 35% or so is due to job loss and divorce. Only a small portion is due to credit card abuse. The "abusers" in credit card and other lending are the predatory lenders that send out BILLIONS of solicitations per year just in the US. There are bankruptcy law firms that are gearing up for a surge of bankruptcy filings between now and the enactment of the new bankruptcy laws. My guess is that many who would benefit by filing under existing laws will not see this development and get trapped into a lifetime of payments under the new law. Like I said, talk about enslavement. My guess is that it's part of the larger Bushco plan. Tension is rising, and something's gotta give at some point. I just hope it ain't "us."

Cary

StarLord

I think most of have learned VERY long ago that there are things you can discuss with some people some of the time and there are things you would never discuss with some people all of the time and there are things where you can discuss here because it's much safer than scaring the bejesus out of co-wokers UNLESS you want to make a point of having people leave you alone.

The quickest way to make sure you have space in any work place is to have people convinced that you are very stupid or 'slow' yet perfect for your position, and therefore not a threat in any shape, form or fashion. Once everybody is convinced that they have you pegged in their own minds, you blend into the back ground and are not givven another thought.

It has been my experience that once you involve another persons Ego, a subconscious gauntlet is dropped which must then be reconciled or dealt with to their satisfaction.
Years ago I used to enjoy watching folks that had a concrete mindset towards my intelligence, struggle to redefine their viewpoint when I would drop a 'mental trap' in their midst. You could see the step by step their brain was going through to resolve it by reading their facial expressions.

A 'group' consciousness can be very powerfull and consequently a dangerous thing to go against. We can think anything we want, it's when we verbalize our thoughts, we sometimes unwittingly hand out the tools to harm ourselves when it goes against the 'grain'.

CaryP

I know I posted an article about the Padilla case on another thread. I ran across another article that was more commentary than just the facts of the case. It fits well in this thread. The Padilla case is something we all need to watch. If Bushco gets its way, we're all in trouble.

Cary

http://www.counterpunch.org/whitney03072005.html

There\'s nothing haphazard in ? ? ? the way that the Padilla case has developed. In fact, there are ? ? ? various organizations that operate openly within the country ? ? ? that are determined to change the fundamental principles of American ? ? ? justice. With Padilla these groups have won a major victory and ? ? ? struck a mortal blow at the very heart of our system. As long ? ? ? as Padilla sits in prison, deprived of all his constitutional ? ? ? rights, there are no guarantees of personal liberty in America.</span>

?

CaryP

Found this and thought it was appropriate here.

Cary

That good citizens are compliant and unconcerned regarding G.W. Bush\'s propensity to trample constitutional freedoms bespeaks a great ignorance or a great apathy, or both.
? ?
? ? ? ? ?

Judge Bean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
Could you like, round that up in a nutshell for me, thanks.[/b]

In order to set up a society here in the U.S. and abroad dedicated to the production and profit needs of an elite group of corporate pirates,

who have no regard for the welfare of ordinary people, and consider the Constitutional rule of law a quaint obstruction,

President Bush and his cohorts have concentrated power into the Executive Branch and have used the War Powers of the Executive to violate the rights of Americans,

thus wrecking our way of life.